Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Tuesday and CHRISTMAS EVE

Merry Christmas everyone!

The last couple of weeks have seemed hectic. Hoping for a calmer day today....have to clean this messy house. I was finally able to finish my friends gift from our sewing group. Had to put it on hold for about a month & a half while my broken finger was healing. I can sew & big stitch quilt again & can cut fabric fairly good. That still needs some improvement.

We had Christmas with family last week & will have tomorrow with our son & his GF. We're making 2 kinds of soup, cheeseball, & cookies for dessert. Keeping it simple.

Merry Christmas to all of our forum friends!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

"Katrina - this son has worked on the last 3 Star Wars movie as cameraman. On the last one, they even changed a scene with one of his ideas. He will be working on other one in new year."

Oh my, Suzanne, won't Mike be impressed when I tell him! Tell your son, Mike said there were places where the whole audience was applauding. It was a good time for him to go.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone!

I have the day off from work-Yea! I slept in until 5:55. That was a rare treat. Then I got up and worked on the binding of my #1 son's quilt. One quilt is done and delivered and two are in binding stages. Both will be done by machine so no hurry there. We don't have our family gettogether until 1/4/20 when we are all free from obligations and can relax and enjoy our time together. I've been working on my grocery list for tonight and tomorrow. My #1 son will run the grocery errand for me soon. Tonight is a shrimp, scallop and mussel scampi and tomorrow will be ham, baked beans, funeral potatoes and green bean casserole. Simple meal that I can just throw in the oven at some point so I can spend the day quilting the critter quilts Christmas presents for the grand pets. (How do I get talked into these things?) Those are scrappy quilts with scrappy bindings and have been a lot of fun to do actually because there is no thinking involved just sewing 5" squares together and time. I'm in the home stretch now and thinking seriously about making that Christmas table runner I've never made for myself.

My big quilt gifts were started on the 4th of July and I used my Daisy Rae. She gave me all kinds of fits and sewing was extremely time consuming since I got her. We finally traded her in for my Babylock Crescendo and now sewing is a pleasure again. If I traded her in within a year from purchase then I got full purchase price towards a new machine making the Crescendo a real bargain. My DBF paid the difference and she became my birthday/Christmas present Carlie Rae. Now I am breezing my way through the quilts and loving every minute of quilting again. Gotta love a man who understands the quilter's heart!

Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas y'all! Many blessings to all of you in this precious season of hope.
    Theda

There is no Quilter's Anonymous because no one wants to quit.

"Smurf Machine" - 1981 Necchi, "Anna Sophia" - Brother SE400, "Ellie Bleu" - Juki 2010,
    "Carlie Rae" - Babylock Crescendo

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Merry Christmas everyone. Everyone seems so well organized this year.

Christmas Day is always a quiet one for me. I was happy that I did get all the Christmas sewing, decorating and chores completed in a timely and sane fashion. I decided not to bother with the turkey and fixings this year as I have not recovered from the horrendous cold I came down with over a week ago. I'm still pretty miserable and while I'm so tired of soup and crackers I just don't have the energy for fixing a "holiday" meal. I decided to just do a pork roast and broasted potatoes tomorrow. That's easy :-) I'll do the turkey thing for New Years Day because I'd better be ok by then.
    The last few days I've been deluged with all kinds of goodies left on my porch!! I won't open the door to anyone because I'm so contagious still and that's not the gift I want to give my friends for Christmas :-/ Looking forward to opening the presents under the tree. I just LOVE opening presents LOL Not sure if I'll do it tonight before bed or tomorrow morning. Probably tomorrow morning since I've been waking up between 3AM-5AM lately.

Also tomorrow is my birthday, yup that's how I got my "real name". I'll be 72 going on 29 and I hope my memory will not give out for at least another year :-). You all have a fun and blessed Christmas!

PS MRoy - I was going to mention the days are getting longer and lighter but you beat me to it :-) I figured right after Christmas Day people need to be reminded as they collapse from holiday exhaustion that even though winter has just started, Spring is already on the way. Another reason to rejoice :-)

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Carlie ~ Sorry you're under the weather. It's no fun to be sick at any time, but esp. at the holidays. Hope you feel better soon.

The house smells wonderfully of baking bread. The first loaf just came out of the oven. The beans are cooking & will be done shortly. The 2nd loaf of dough is in the bread maker & will be ready to knead in a few min. I prefer to bake it in the oven the regular way.

We're having clouds this a.m. It's supposed to get close to 60 deg. today. I had planned to go to the 4 p.m. Christmas Eve service at my church, but I think I'll opt to stay home with DH. He gets very anxious when I leave him alone in the eve. Also, it's flu season, so I think I'll avoid the big crowd. Maybe I'll find some time to sew.
    Last edited by JCY; December 24th, 2019 at 03:04 PM.

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, Carlie Wolf thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone, just taking a few minutes to myself with the Forum and a fresh cup of coffee. Hoping for my second wind to kick in! Expecting family to arrive for Christmas Eve dinner and gift opening in about two hours. Ham is in the oven, made German potato salad this morning which is in the slow cooker. Spent the morning washing load after load of dishes and cleaning like crazy but all is ready except assembling the cookie plate and cutting up cheese and sausage. Whew! It's amazing how much you can do in a few hours. My sewing room was pretty clean yesterday but don't go in there now! It seems to have wound up as the dumping ground for things in the way in the L.R. , houseplants, empty boxes, foot stools, bits of wrapping paper, rocking chair, etc. One of my dd is spending the night with her dh and 3 kids so we will have a big pancake bkfst tomorrow and they will head home around noon. She lives 2-1/2 hours away. Our 3 dd are all adopted and the dd spending the night her real mom moved to Tenn. last year (we live in Wis) so she will also be joining us for dinner tonight. She hardly gets to see the GK since she moved, and only saw the baby once, he is now 3 mos old. Well I'd better get going on a few more duties to attend to. Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas! And I would be remiss if I did not mention thank you to all you cyber friends here who helped me in so many ways over the past year. I count you all as friends even though we have never met.

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, MSN, Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Monique, It's good to have that behind you, forgive the pun Have a great Christmas with friends and family

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Friends, nothing to add 'cept Merry Christmas or whatever you want to celebrate. Many wishes for you all to have a healthy, happy, prosperous new year.

You guys are the best!

Gina

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Now I can sit back, put my feet up and relax... until the dishwasher finishes and then it will be empty and refill time.

Church service was nice this afternoon. Mike stayed home, he's caught the kiddos sniffles. I've doctored him up with Tylenol Cold today. Nana and Nandy had errands to do this evening, so they didn't come to dinner. Morgan got a migraine so she went home. Our numbers dwindled but everyone loved the soups. Everyone fixed soup to take home, so Mike and I won't be eating soup until February! Thank goodness! I have soup for Nana and Nandy and we'll take that tomorrow morning for Christmas at Jim's.

As soon as the kitchen is done, I'm going to start opening my Secret Santa gifts. Ohhhhhhhhhh boyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post