Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: WIP Dec 20-26

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default WIP Dec 20-26

I decided to step up my quilting motifs a notch and upgraded my star motif to this hook swirl taught by Angela Walters. Angela teaches three versions and this is the most deluxe one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5355.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	161817

This quilt is for my sister in loving memory of my deceased Grandma Goodale and I would rather do it the best I can, than do it quickly.

Feeling the holiday stress here.

Whats on your sewing table?
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP Dec 20-26

A couple of charm packs. I ordered the "Quilt As You Go" 5 1/2" Hexagon That Jenny, Natalie & Misty did a Tutorial on last week. The template ruler arrived broken, so I am waiting for a replacement.

I've thought of making something else with the Charm Packs I ordered....but haven't come up with any ideas on what(??) to do.

I just finished a couple of sets of Pillowcases.

I'd like to start something else (a quilt) but haven't found anything that I want to try as of yet. I really would like to find something to make that would be easy and go pretty fast for now!

Name:  thChristmas.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  7.2 KB

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! I thought finally I can post pictures of a quilt I finished recently and a WIP. But when I went to upload pics it would not let me, so I tried uploading one at a time, still no. I assume it has something to do with the picture size, but I have posted pics before no problem. So now I am stuck, my pics are on my Kindle and there is no way that I know of to resize them. But I really DID finish a quilt --all hand quilted and everything.

5. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You will have to change the size of your pictures to post here now. I discovered this last year, so didn't post for a long time. I went to our senior center's computer lab & learned how to do it using my Photo Shop program. It takes more time, but it works.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

There hasn't been any activity in my sewing room since Tuesday, or only to drop off fabrics and clothes that need a fix. I'm getting ready for xmas family gathering here tomorrow. I hope to get back there Monday. Someone called and wanted 6 more bowl cosies. I have mostly xmas fabric ones and not sure I have time to make before xmas. We have a dinner on Monday, lunch with mom & others on Tuesday. I do have to make a quilt label on a qlt I am giving at xmas for his January birthday. We won't see them since DH is having cataract surgery.

I have projects waiting.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.