Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Recent Photos of Nina

Thank you so much for sharing a photo of your niece. I recently watched a video about the Rockettes. I was thinking of you and your niece all the way through.

By the way, Grandma Babs, they've lowered the height requirement! But please don't get your hopes up. It's now 5'6" which means that neither you nor I would qualify even with this new minimum!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGramma View Post
    Thank you so much for sharing a photo of your niece. I recently watched a video about the Rockettes. I was thinking of you and your niece all the way through.

By the way, Grandma Babs, they've lowered the height requirement! But please don't get your hopes up. It's now 5'6" which means that neither you nor I would qualify even with this new minimum!
    Thanks Toni....Nina is our oldest grand child....she is a joy and we are so proud od her....
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Carol,
    It's great that you share photos of your granddaughter Nina!!!! My sister and I both took tap as children, and my sister excelled in tap. She decided early on that she didn't want to make dance a priority and she married at 18 and has been married to the same man for over 44 yrs now. Honestly I thought it was sad, I really did. She auditioned for a couple of dance groups (not sure what they call them now, and was disappointed that she didn't make the cut. (I guess that's what it's called??) Despite my parents willingness to pay for other places for her to audition (out of state, she was basically upset about the two auditions and didn't try again.
    So, it's fun to hear about your granddaughter Nina!!

I was always amazed at the things my parents were willing to do for us three girls. My voice teacher contacted a couple of people she knew in Nashville, but at 17 I hadn't been away from home much, and that scared me silly. Of course, then I met and married a man that was in the US Army while I was in Nursing School, and married him and moved to Germany....THOUSANDS of miles away of course of my Michigan home!!!

Again, thanks for sharing Carol!
    Merry Christmas!!
    Name:  Rockettes.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  8.5 KB

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well she could have a modeling career in addition to being a Rockette. She's such a beautiful girl. I am happy for your whole family, how proud you all must be!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

One of my co-workers just returned from a trip to New York City. She saw the Christmas show with the Rockettes and said it was fantastic.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I llive so close to NY and have been there a few times, but have never seen the Rockettes. Thanks for sharing the pictures of your beautilul Nina , it's about as close as I'm ever gonna get I guess.