Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now or

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The wish book

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The wish book

This link was passed to me from DH who found it on his gun forum. They have the most interesting things they share on that forum. I haven't had time to remind my memories but I do remember going to my cousins house and we would take the book and read it together. It was what we did instead of television. And yes, the paper doll models. And the boys loved the lingerie ads. Oh my, what we have lost when the print ads have all but disappeared. I can't imagine how the children today decide what they want for Christmas and I don't think they really can imagine how it might be to have it all there on the pages to choose from

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well I must say that I have not had any of those catalogs in my hands, but my father was doing the Spain-United States route with arrival in New York from 1945-1955, and always brought things from there, first for my mother and since 1950 also for his daughters, so seeing the catalogs of those years I have remembered those combinations, nightgowns and bras that he brought to my mother and that I still have them in my memory, and for us he brought wonderful dolls, accessories for toy kitchen and also something big and wonderful, a tractor that was the size of a bicycle small and that both my sister and I enjoyed it for many years and that I still have it and my husband has renewed it painted it with all the original letters. So Terry thanks for the link. Ill keep looking at it more times

3. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, who is going to admit the first one they looked at was their birth year? lol I remember the Sears catalog too....and yep, ours ended up in the outhouse too-but not til spring! Great memories, thank you.
    Sandy B.
    "A heart that gives will never be empty."

5. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We got the Sears book. I would always circle everything I wanted. Always wanted
    the baking sets and mixes for my 2nd hand Easy Bake Oven. We were poor, so it
    definitely was a "wish" book. Fun to look thru and see all the styles of clothing.

7. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post