Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Morning Saturday! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I'm here 30 min. earlier than usual. I woke up before the alarm, so just got up. I'll be making DH's spelt bread today -- 2 loaves. I need to keep working on the Christmas mail. I sent out 47 cards/letters yest. We've been receiving cards every day now.

DS#1 sent pics he took of the wrecked Explorer after it was hauled away by the towing company to their lot. Oh my, the damage is so bad, even worse than those other 3 pics depicted. It's just a miracle Krista survived that crash! We're still counting our blessings.

Yest. a.m. I took DH down to the optical center for new lenses. Our current frames have to be sent in, so we're both wearing old glasses until the new ones come in, which might not be for 2 wks. or so due to the Christmas holiday.

Our Lady Bugs Christmas potluck & party yest. was so nice. There were 20 of us. The hostess had her house decorated beautifully. Although she is retired, she volunteers as a clown at the hospitals & nursing homes in the area. She has many different outfits & ideas for interacting with people. She really brightens people's lives. We had a gift exchange. I think I'm the only one in the group who isn't a widow or divorced. I was invited to join at a time when DH was very ill & in such declining health, I thought he was going to die. But we got a diagnosis & treatment which gradually helped him, so he's still with me.

The Tula Pink DD today is a good buy, but I already have some of her fabric I need to use, so I'll pass. I do want to try the Happy Hearts pattern from yesterday's tutorial. One more on my bucket list. LOL

Have a great week end.

2. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good Morning Saturday! :)

We just came back from the coast and I posted pictures of the cotton trucks. DH wanted to look at houses to rent but when we looked he found something wrong with all of them. Oh my. Then we looked at more to buy and of course, he is drawn to the ones with lots of acreage . I said no. If anything happened to him, I can not take care of the land there and here too. He is looking at fixer uppers...I don't need a project when we go to play. I sometimes wonder if he just doesn't like the hunt. I am frustrated by it all since I am a "lets getterdone" woman.
    I think I will go out to the woods today and hunt a Christmas tree. I sited a few this fall and need to see what the cold weather has done to them. I am hoping that perhaps I may get in the mood with a tree.
    Yesterday I made bourbon balls and peanut butter cups. The bourbon balls were a 5 hour project. I remembered how good they were the last time I made them, but didn't remember the intensity of the making. I made 40 of them...whew! Ate one...Whoa! One goes a long way. They will make a nice little gift in baskets to friends.

4. Thanks sewbizzy, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It is mild here today. Rain at times. The contractor I guess decided that today was ok to do the curb. I am glad that this project will be done. I did get one set of borders made. Now to find time to sew them on.

We have tickets to see a modern dance program at Penn. It is also the Army -Navy game this afternoon. The President is suppose to make an appearance, so there will be road closures around the stadium.

Have a great day.
    Beth

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,
    It's been raining all night and will most of the day. I am going this afternoon to a xmas tea and concert with a GF at mom's residence. Maybe I will be inspired to start wrapping gifts. There aren't that many bought, so I must make a list of gifts to buy or make. We are doing xmas next Sunday, so it's peddle to the metal. Everyone opens one gift, and gets money to buy what they want. Less complicated and truthfully, they all appreciate the money.

Yesterday we ran errands for cider, wine and chocolates, and had lunch at the mall. Then I washed backings and tops for VQC. I also finished a sundress for Cassandra. She picked the fabric for the skirt portion when she last came over. It will be nice for their winter holiday. I couldn't get the embroidery machine to cooperate, so frustrated, I went and cut up fabric for a xmas table runner.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	194.3 KB 
ID:	161742

Joy - like you I was tempted by today's DD but honestly don't need it.

Have a good weekend.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Suzanne, the sundress is adorable!

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's raining here and supposed to change to snow later. I slept in a little bit - woke up with a headache. DS stopped by to do some laundry and woke me up. He knew I had things to do today! I got the Christmas gifts mailed to my DS in California and my family in Colorado. Next year I think I'll send gift cards - I forgot how expensive postage is to mail packages there! But I'm glad the gifts are on the way. There are homemade goodies in each package and I know everyone enjoys those. All the other gifts are wrapped and under the tree. I need to send a few cards - I don't send many but I do send a few to my aunts & uncles and to some out of town friends.

Today I'm going to make some snack mixes and put up the nativity sets. I'm really having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year. But Christmas will be here soon anyway! I am looking forward to a few days off work.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon all,

It's been busy around here. Jim called before 8, I was still asleep. He and Morgan have decided I need a little dog and he found one that's 'perfect'. I see their point, I'm kind of meh about the idea.

I noticed the hot water faucet is dripping in the kitchen. Jim took me to pick up a faucet. Mike started to take it apart only to find all of the fasteners underneath are so corroded he can't get them loose. We went back to Lowe's for a second wrench that would fit in the tight space. That didn't work either. I told him to call Jim and see if it would be better for me just to go buy a new sink. That's the only thing Mike didn't ask. Jim's on the way... maybe a new sink and faucet? Anyway, something's got to happen or no cookin' for this momma.

I was planning to make another set of napkins. I guess that depends on my two handymen (they should have paid more attention to their dad).

There was a wreck behind the neighbors house last night. I had just turned out the light and rolled over when the spin out occurred. I knew it had hit something. One of the trees on the exit side of Carl's fence, at least it didn't shake our house this time. I guess that's the first wreck they'd experienced since renting the house. Thankfully, the driver was alright and able to get out and walk around. I stayed up until the first responders got there.

Best get busy. Christmas is around the corner. It's hard to believe it's almost 2020.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's now afternoon. I've been busy with errands and packing. This is my "girls weekend". Our walking group is getting together in Galveston at a beach house owned by our coach. Then we all head out to see the lights at Moody Gardens. Tomorrow morning we are all doing the Santa Hustle 5K, breakfast and then come home. Should be lots of fun. We've never done this before and have a really fun group. Started cutting the pieces for my "Hanging Gardens" quilt. Suzanne made it sound fun, so I bought the pattern and started cutting the fabric. Just need to cut the background and accent pieces now. Maybe I can do that tomorrow when I get home

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Katrina ~ Fur babies are good company, but the first thing I thought of is your vision impairment & the risk to fall by tripping over the animal. Weigh the pros & cons.

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    Katrina ~ Fur babies are good company, but the first thing I thought of is your vision impairment & the risk to fall by tripping over the animal. Weigh the pros & cons.
    That was the first thing I asked Jim. He talked to the owner about it. Apparently we're going after church to see Sam if he's not already taken. Jim's been checking his phone all day to see if someone else got him first. The owner said he was really good about not getting under foot except when she's washing dishes. lol, no problem there... the dishwasher is used more than the sink.

I have a new faucet and sink, the disposal is gone (hallelujah), no leaks! I've even run the dishwasher. I have a deeper sink- 8" compared to the 6" of the old sink. No wonder I couldn't wash dishes without getting soaked. No weird spray coming out of the sprayer, it's great! lol, after 4 trips to Lowe's, we finally got it all put back together. Even after the boys took the sink out, they couldn't get the old faucet out. They both think some kind of sealer/ glue was used. Just like everything else we've replaced, it's been an unexpected chore getting it done.

I took everyone out to dinner tonight. I think they deserved it. lol, it's been an expensive Saturday!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

18. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post