Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: WIP Dec 13-19

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default WIP Dec 13-19

I piece in the warm months and quilt in the cool months. This week I reconfigured my sewing room with my big quilting table with a cutout I can drop my sewing machine into and went to work. My goal is to do six quilts before the weather warms up again. I have the first four picked out with tentative quilting motifs. First up is this Hunters Star. I will be adding straight outline quilting around the star after the wishbone motifs in the background is finished.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5341.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	161730

Finished is better than perfect.

Rebecca Bryan released six different colorways for her Solstice block of the month today. I love it so much I am going to do it twice. An autumn colorway variation in solids and the spring colorway in batiks.

Whats on your sewing table?
    Last edited by DeniseSm; December 13th, 2019 at 08:35 PM.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

2. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP Dec 13-19

Denise, I wish I had half your energy. Between you and Katrina, I wonder when you sleep. But you both put out some very nice quilts constantly. Keep on going.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that is one great looking quilt. Can't wait to see it quilted. I know you have a vision in mind and I get excited with you.

Got the Barn quilt finished.. washed n sent off to DS in time for Christmas!! My sewing area is cleaned and DE cluttered. Cards went in the mail today. Tree is up and decorated. So I have time to do some playing around with a OBW- one block wonder.

I hope I am not the only one who gets excited over a new project..and the looks of those quilts are amazing!! Found some fabric I think will be good for making my first one-- all in my stash. Checked my templates and found a 60 degree one that will be perfect for a hexi block. So, my early Christmas preps are all done and I have time to let my imagination run wild.

Name:	wip 1-7 nov.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	161735

Forgot to let ya see the bunch of tea towels for Christmas giving that I finished. There's around 30 all wrapped and ready to head to new homes.

Name:	sewing 2019 xmas.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	161736
    Last edited by Granny Judy; December 14th, 2019 at 01:05 AM.

6. Thanks TMP, Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

There are no sugar plums dancing in my head, but plenty of inspiration from everyone's projects. I find it energizing to read about your next quilt ideas. Denise - the Hunter star is on my wish list.

This past week, I've been working at getting many VQC to their final sizes, ready to quilt or send on to another member. I have washed some of their flannel backing, but this time I remembered to serge the edges. No threads in washer/dryer. I have just 3 more donated UFO tops to finish. I also soaked a purple batik top in Retayne. The bleeding was not bad. Then I will put all aside til after xmas.

I made a few more microwave bowl cosies, finished sundress for GD. Tomorrow I am going to DD & will give GS#1 his astronaut/hockey quilt. I don't want others not to get anything, so giving the sundress for GD for their winter holiday & 2 pillowcases with cars/trucks for GS#2. I didn't want to give tst xmas as other 3 GKs are not getting sewn items.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	194.3 KB 
ID:	161740j Click image for larger version. 

Views:	29 
Size:	167.8 KB 
ID:	161741

I was trying to make embroidered name for pillowcases, and got frustrated as it kept saying I had to change hoop size. I decided to make a xmas table runner for kitchen. It's on design wall.

Views:	33 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	161739
    Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; December 14th, 2019 at 11:11 AM.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

8. Thanks Claire Hallman, DeniseSm thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and got backing for my last ufo. I can't quilt the next to last one until I get a thread order for some brown bottom line. I will probably sandwich the last one later today but first I plan on doing some cookies and chex mix.
    I am using the cereal that is corn on one side and wheat [rice?] on the other so I don't end up with lots of unwanted cereal.
    I would like to get my room cleaned up since I am hosting two groups next week and I would like the room to be presentable.
    I will wait until after Christmas to start anything new. Our guild has a 3 day in town retreat over New Years and I will be cutting and sewing up a storm.

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I finished the xmas table runner today. Sewed the blocks and rows together, wuilted it, and handsewed the binding. It's for the kitchen table. I like the pattern but I may switch up the colours next time I make one. It's small 14" x 41".

Views:	33 
Size:	172.0 KB 
ID:	161755 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	24 
Size:	204.1 KB 
ID:	161756

Judy, I love your barn quilt. It reminds me that I have fabric for a covered bridges quilt.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

12. Thanks Claire Hallman, TMP thanked for this post