• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Well it's Friday alright!!

Good morning friends. I had a very productive day yesterday in Santa's workshop. I completed 3 table runners. Hubby came into my room and asked if this was where the magic happened. Of course, I said, hehe!!

Not sure just yet what I will create today. I may try my hand at some hand towels with a fabric topper. I also need to figure out the accordian I need to make for a row by row. In any case, I think the workshop will be busy again today.

I have designated Monday as my cleaning day. Hubby works all day so I should be able to get everything done.

Not quite sure what the weekend will bring yet.

Have a great Friday and weekend my friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • KarenC
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2015

Re: Well it's Friday alright!!

Good morning Monique and all to follow. This has been a crazy busy week at work. I dislike when you need to step in at the last minute and take over someone else's project. It is what it is, so just go with it and get it done. Today, I think I get to work on my stuff. Only 2 of us in the office, so hopefully quiet. Not much else happening here, just wanted to say hello.
    Karen
    Spring, TX

Comment

• Bubby
      Missouri Star
      • Jun 2011

Hi Everyone...Another Friday another new tutorial. This one looks quick and easy to make.

We are gearing up for snow on Sunday/Monday. If that happens it may change my plans for Tuesday, as I no longer get on the roads with ice and snow.

I need to write a few Christmas cards today and get them in the mail. Jeff cancelled his double shift for tonight because the needed parts didn't arrive. I guess he will do it next Friday. Next week I start baking Christmas goodies.

I would like to really give my sewing room a thorough cleaning and straightening and set a few simple goals for 2020. I could fill up a whole year with my UFOs!

Wishing everyone a blessed Friday.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• JCY
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I'm looking forward to our Lady Bugs get together today. It will be potluck with a gift exchange. I'm hoping the rain/snow will hold off until I'm back home. Chance of snow this week end -- not much down here, but it's already snowing in the mts. Some areas are expected to get 2 feet. That will make the skiers happy -- if they can manage I-70 to get up there.

Yest. I finished updating my Christmas address list in the computer, printed off the labels, then started stuffing envelopes. I'll take what I have ready with me when DH & I go to town to the optical center.

Yest. p.m. DS#1 (Krista's dad) called. She decided to go ahead & take her previously scheduled finals. They have 2 hrs. for each test. She had one yest., has 1 today & another tomorrow. He drove her to/from campus; they didn't want her driving yet. So he had 2 hrs. to kill while she tested; we talked most of that time. It was nice to chat w/o the distractions of his driving in traffic during his commute. It sounds like their remodel project won't be done in time for Christmas, so they will be celebrating at their son's house instead.

I learned yest. that Krista had no loss of consciousness during her wreck, but she was pretty dazed. With the help of a passerby (a retired police officer), she was able to crawl out the smashed out windshield before the EMTs got there. He told her to sit down, got a tee shirt or something from his car & told her to hold it over her bleeding cheek. Another passerby also stopped. So many details coming out that indicate how God was watching over her. Her recovery is going well. We are so blessed.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          Missouri Star
          • Aug 2015

Good morning everyone,

Yesterday was busy. My GF & I made some fabric choices to finish some of the donated tops for VQC.
          KarenC - this is what I am doing, finishing other quilters' UFOs for donation quilts. One of them is a hexie quilt. While there was no more matching fabrics I have dug into my stash and have found 2 fabrics more suitable for borders. Then it will be finished.
          image.jpg

We went to Mingle Jingle at LQS. We got a goodie bag of quilt items (quilt gloves, many FQs, tape, etc) and there were prizes. DH & GF won. I didn't buy any fabric even though the sale was good. Just bought some Retayne. Then DH had a fleet meeting at sailing club, so I went along and had dinner and wine in the lounge. I haven't been in awhile so I talked to many people.

Nothing specific on the agenda, but somehow I know our day will be busy. We are lucky that the weather is cooperating. I am feeling the xmas time-crunch pressure. I should be sending cards, buying & wrapping gifts, baking cookies, but somehow all I want to do is hide in my sewing room. I saw a nice pattern that I want to make as a xmas runner.

Joy - I'm happy to hear that your GD is feeling well enough to write her exams.
          GinnyB - I'm happy that you had a nice visit with new GD, and that you DH kept up with housework while you were away.

Have an enjoyable day. Stay safe, warm and dry.
          Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Ginny B
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2012

Good morning all. I am definitely more lively today than I was yesterday. I've gotten a couple things done already today. The To Do list is full and we will get them done. Getting our tree is high on the list.

Joy, I am happy to hear your gd is recovering and is able to take her exams.

Looks like we all are busy elves......baking, sewing, wrapping gifts and shopping too. I think my baking will be next weekend because I will be helping my sis at the end of the week with cleaning her condo that they just moved out of and then heading up to her new house. They moved while I was in California.

Happy Friday all. Be safe
            Ginny B
            Levittown, NY

Comment

• KPH
              Missouri Star
              • Feb 2015

Good Morning All,

Santa's workshop is a fun place to work. Quick projects that still mean a lot to the giftees. I worked on napkins yesterday (Donna Jordan's pattern) I after 3 sets of 4 I'm tired of those tree trunks. I can never get them to look like the tree isn't tilting. The next fat quarter bundle is not going to have trunks, gonna chop those babies close to the ground!

Barb, I envy you baking. I used to bake so many cookies when the kids were little. We'd bake two or three different kinds every weekend from Thanksgiving until Christmas. Now, my grands aren't allowed sweets too often, their mom is always on a diet. When a 7 year old lectures you about fats and sugars for just cinnamon toast, you kind of throw in the towel. Most of Morgan's family is on a gluten free or sugar free diet. It kind of takes the joy out having those delicious treats. I might bake some Brandy Snaps and lemon fudge, but I think that's about it this year.

Joy, I'm thrilled your GD is doing so well. I totally understand her parents not wanting her to drive. Hopefully, she'll have a great holiday knowing that her exams are done and she can focus on healing.

Suzanne, it's so great you can work your magic on other peoples projects. I know the quilts are appreciated!

Ginny, it is that time of year. Everyone is a busy little elf! I know you're missing your grands, especially the newest!

Yesterday was kind of busy around here. Zeke spent the morning while Mom went to the dentist for her cleaning. Her dentist is on the other side of Jax, so an hour there, cleaning, and an hour back. Jim gets frustrated that she can't find a dentist on this side of town! I can't say too much. My dentist in Charlotte was close to school, but not close to home! It still wasn't an hour trip to get there, though.

After Morgan picked Zeke up I worked in my sewing room on Christmas Tree napkins. I got two sets done yesterday. I have one more set of four taken care of with that fat quarter bundle. One thing, make sure you have a good contrast between your fabrics.

I tried out a new recipe yesterday. Sausage and potato chowder (gluten free). I really enjoyed it. I took my Dad's potato soup recipe, a gluten free recipe and mixed it all up. Mike even said it was delicious. It's a keeper! I had 2 bowls last night and I'm about ready to go have another right now!

All three grands came back after dinner so Jim could go to practice. He's concerned about one song that he's playing base on for the first time. Last year he played the banjo for it and struggled with the speed. I know it will be great. Zeke will be disappointed, he'll be in Children's church, unless someone goes and picks him up early. He loves "Ding, Dong." Jim picked them up after 8:30. Grandma was one pooped gal. We made ornaments, snowflakes, worked puzzles and had popcorn for a treat.

Finally the rain seems to have passed. It's still pretty gray, hopefully it will clear out. My mobility instructor is sick, so we won't be meeting this week. That suited me fine with the rain as we were supposed to navigate the neighborhood!

Time to get busy. My sewing room is calling, maybe I'll listen after I eat a bowl of soup!
              Katrina
              From NC, retired in FL
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• baslp
                The Guild President
                • Sep 2012

Good morning. We are getting ready for more rain. I hope our curb gets put in before the new year. Our neighbors may be getting irritated with us. We lost 2 parking spaces due to the construction. Many people do not have.a Driveway and park on the street.

I have not had the time to get the borders cut for my quilt. I don’t have many appts today so I should be able to at least get them cut. Then I can get it to the quilters.
                Our big dog is still having GI issues. Hopefully the vet can give him some new meds to help him. I hope that they are

Sounds like everyone is busy with Xmas prep. Have a good day.
                Beth

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                  Missouri Star
                  • Dec 2013

Good morning! Yesterday was a fun day minus the horrible migraine I had do to the weather changing. I needed to go pick up my sewing machine from her spa treatment. So I invited a friend who was recently widowed to go with me. We had lots of visiting while we traveled and picked up items on our lists. Thankfully, mine was a small list until we got to Aldi's grocery store and there I had some stocking up to do as their groceries are so much cheaper than local. Our local milk is $4.50 a gallon while their milk is $2.42 a gallon (this summer I was paying $1.65 a gallon.)

I have three main sewing things planned for today. I want to get the stabilizer on the back of the t-shirts so they will be ready to cut out next week. I am helping set up for our Sewing Day tomorrow at a local store. The project of the Sew Day is a tablerunner which should not be hard to teach - there are 6 ladies coming to the event. It is a day of sewing with lunch provided. I have to get some lemon bread fixed for the lunch as a dessert. I would like to finish getting some half square triangles squared up so that I can get them sewn together.

The other thing that needs to be done is laundry. Lunch is potato soup leftover from last night. Funny story on the potato soup, as I was finishing it, little one found a bag of peas and carrots in the fridge freezer and insisted that they go into the potato soup. Which they did as how can any mom resist when your child wants more vegetables. It's Friday so that mean pizza for supper - not sure from where yet but I don't have to cook.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone

Comment

Working...
                  X