• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Hello Thursday

Good morning friends. A big bright moon is shining down on me as I sit here and write. A beautiful site this morning. And it is another cold morning with snow expected again today. Yesterday the weather turned nasty in an instant, with snow squalls. On Canada's busiest highway there was a 30 car pileup with one fatality. I went to town early in the morning to get some groceries and was back way before the snow hit. Les wasn't so lucky but he did make it to work.

I am currently working on a "row by row" for my brother and am having trouble with the last little bit. I will work on that today. Also last night, I wrapped gifts for hubby. I still have so many to wrap, most are for my wee one.

So that is what is hoping will happen today. Wishing you all a most wonderful day, no matter what you do.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • SuzanneOrleansOntario
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2015

Re: Hello Thursday

Good morning Monique and all who follow,

We got missed by your storm, but I saw the warnings. I'm glad everyone was safe. It's sunny today but we are expecting flakes later today. No real accumulation so far, a dusting.

Today is a sort of sew day. My friend Dorothy is coming over. We will go through some donations and brain storm fabrics for VQC tops. After lunch we will go to a LQS that is hosting a Mingle Jingle with a fabric co. rep. who will show new lines, and also new gadgets will be showcased by owners after Houston markets. There are sales on everything.

After my haircut, and buying an air purifier, I sewed together half hexies and tried to put together a quilt of donated UFO top & fabric. I got it to a good length for VQC, but will need to make wider, probably using some of my stash.
    Katrina - I will let you know how it works. So far, it's a loud hum on highest setting. It's a Bionair, thinking a Dyson might have been quieter.

Have an enjoyable day. Be safe. Stay warm. Stay dry.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• KPH
      Missouri Star
      • Feb 2015

Good Morning All,

Mike decided he wanted two more lanterns out front. Yesterday, I ordered the hooks from Lowes. Once he got cooled off ( it was over 80 in his store yesterday), we picked them up. Drove out to Hobby Lobby, where there were 3 lanterns yesterday and there was only one left. We scoured the store hoping someone just laid one of them down. No such luck. I came home and ordered one on line. Hopefully, it will get here quickly. That's it for the outside decorations.

Zeke is coming to spend the morning with me. Mike got called into work this morning. I'm sure the extra hours will be nice.

I'm going to order some groceries online and have them delivered. It's a dreary day, good day to check out this Gluten free Potato and Sausage Chowder. It looks pretty simple, I hope it's good.

I still have a couple of things left to find for Christmas. The runner for the console for one. The vacuum needs to be run to get up all of the glitter. Zeke will probably want to help with that. He'll be here shortly. I'd best get started. Kiddos will come here tonight while Dad is at practice.

Have a great day, everyone!
      Katrina
      From NC, retired in FL
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• JCY
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I was delayed getting here due to waiting for my laptop to configure a Windows update. Took forever. I had to walk away & go do other stuff while it was doing its thing. That's the longest it's ever taken to load.

I saw that full moon, too, Monique. It's 34 this a.m.--not quite so cold. Chance of snow this week end.

Yest. after BSF, I stopped by the optical center to leave my glasses. The doors were locked! Later when I called their phone, the msg. said they don't open until 1 p.m. on Wed. Well, what's up with that?! Now I have to make another trip down there. So on I went to Walmart to pick up 2 Rx's & get several items. They've just rearranged the store so I had to look for things. I was able to find all but 2 things on my list. I had planned to stop at Whole Foods, but opted to head home for lunch.

I worked on updating my Christmas address list & revising it on the computer so the labels will be ready to print. I'm behind this year. We've already received our card from my DIL's parents in The Netherlands. I need to get crackin' on this. In 2 wks. DGD & family will be in CO, & there is a lot to do before then.

Last night's Survivor episode was a surprise. One of the contestants was asked to leave & taken off the show. Next week is the season finale.

The cortisone shot I got in my R. hand Mon. already is helping.

This a.m. I'll be mixing up my turkey patties. Lots to do!

Comment

• TMP
          Missouri Star
          • Apr 2014

Good Morning All,

Its chilly in Alabama this morning. Yesterday, afternoon the school called and my grandson had a fever. The nurse said she had sent home several 2nd graders that day and the day before with the flu. We took him to the doctor without an appointment and got worked in. Thank goodness he didn't have the flu but he did have strep. I haven't heard this morning if he is better. He is such a sweet little fellow never complains about anything.

Today I plan to finish cleaning the house and am putting away decorations I'm not using. Sandy is scared of some of the moving stuffed animals, so I figure its just better not to set them out. All I will have left to do is a couple of people to find a gift for and one present to mail.

Joy, I am so glad the shot helped. Cortisone shots always help me too.

Enjoy your day all,
          Teresa
          Teresa
          Pelham, Alabama
          War Eagle!!!

Comment

• Ginny B
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2012

Good morning. I am back home. Got in last night. Hubby took me to get something to eat then we headed home. He did a great job finishing up the decorations inside and outside and keeping up on the regular house stuff too for the 2 weeks I was gone. He even did some clean up and organizing in the pantry. After a shower I headed up to bed figuring I would wake up around 7. Nope, didn't open my eyes until 9:20! Holy cow I must have been more tired than I thought. I even slept straight through. I hadn't done that since I left. But I do miss hearing Zeke calling my name and snuggling little Aviendha. I am so glad I was able to be there for her birth.

I was happy to see some snow on the ground last night. Today hubby and I have a luncheon with the former school board that dh served on. They are a really nice group of people. We try to get together a couple times a year. The rest of the day has been designated as an R & R day for me by hubby. He said that when we get back home, I should have a pajama day and just sit and go through my mail, the Christmas cards we have gotten and maybe watch a Christmas movie. Tomorrow I can get back to Christmas prep, laundry. Etc. I need some sewing room time too.

Have a good day everyone. Be careful out there in the nasty weather.
            Ginny B
            Levittown, NY

Comment

Working...
            X