• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Welcome Wednesday, 2 weeks away from Christmas

Holy Crow!! Best get my butt in HIGH gear.

Good morning friends. I slept pretty good last night and wasn't up at dark thirty this morning. Yesterday I worked in the sewing room and got the bowl cozies done BUT I still managed to break a sewing needle in the process. SO I decided to take out a big gun and brought out the Vintage Brother that I bought this summer. Well it just sewed through those dang seams like it was butter. Amazing!! The one thing I did find was that the metal foot pedal was so terribly hot so I did a search and found some youtube videos. It seems like my foot pedal may have to be replaced. But that will have to wait for the new year to happen.

And so today I will try and get some more projects finished for Christmas projects. I took pictures yesterday and have to figure out how to transfer them to my computer.

Have a great day friends no matter what you do. Thoughts and prayers to those who need them.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Momofmonsters5
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2012

Re: Welcome Wednesday, 2 weeks away from Christmas

Good morning!! My sciatica reared it's ugly head this am so I'm up at 3am and now it's 5 so drinking coffee. I'll make the man breakfast, then off to work. It'll be busy today, billing screwed up the billing on one of my accounts....thank goodness I caught it early, I can fix it before the client realizes anything was wrong. I work hard to keep my client accounts running smooth! After work I'm going to joann's to get a couple things so I can finish two orders. Just being around creativity is my happy place. I'm running low on batting, time to buy a roll...prices really went up in 5 years since I last bought one. No more using coupons for it either...been surfing around looking for the best deal to scoop it up. $200 for warm and natural seems to be the best price.

We finally put up the tree last night, I'm just not feeling it this year. It's been a rough year. Hoping for health and happiness in 2020.

I hope everyone has a great day and stay warm!

Comment

• JCY
      Missouri Star
      • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Chilly out there this a.m. Only 20 deg. We've had frost almost every a.m. At least it warms up during the day for continued melting of our pre-Thanksgiving snow. The big piles of snow in parking lots will take a long time to melt.

Yest. I sewed the binding on the Buckeye Beauty quilt. I still have to hand tack the corners & sew on a label, but I took it to guild last night for "sew & tell". It was our annual Christmas social. A big crowd there. Instead of desserts, this year we did potluck. There were 2 kinds of soup, meat balls, a nice assortment of salads & desserts. They had the drawing for the fund raiser quilt. I was happy one of our guild members won it. After the business mtg., we played Bingo. On our "card" -- sheets of paper with empty blocks -- from the provided list, we wrote in sewing terms. Our buttons were red & green M&M's. Those who won got a mini box of chocolates.

Yest. I took the car in for a check of the cooling system; they did a pressure test -- all ok. Got oil changed & new wiper blades put on. When I backed the car out of the garage, DH found mouse #7. It was the trap from behind the freezer. The mouse had dragged the trap quite a ways. We're going to keep the traps set all the time.

I talked to my son yest.; Krista is resting a lot. Of course, she's very sore, especially her neck & face. She's using ice for the swelling. The ER dr. told her to take Ibuprofen; she got an Rx for a muscle relaxer. DS picked up some Lidocaine patches for her from Walmart & some Aspercreme. He saw the Explorer & said the damage looked so much worse with close inspection. He needed to check the interior before allowing the towing co. to dispose of it. Her belongings were strewn on the highway. Her cell phone was tossed about & smashed.

Today is Bible Study Fellowship. I need to make a run to Walmart afterwards for 2 Rx's & some groc.

We still haven't put up our tree, but plan to do it yet this week. It's just a matter of dusting the coffee table, putting down the Christmas table runner, & setting the table tree on it. We leave our small tree decorated year 'round. We just cover it up with a large garage bag & store it in the bsmt. No muss, no fuss.

Comment

• Bubby
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2011

Good Morning...It's bitter cold today and we are expecting snow later this week....I think Sunday and Monday. I have a few errands to run today.

Yesterday I bought a bulk order of ground round and today I will break it down and package it for the freezer. We were in Cuba yesterday and the local market has really good meat. They had apples on sale for .99 a pound so I bought several Fuji apples for eating.

Joy, so sorry to hear about Krista's accident. She will be in my prayers.

I need to start baking Christmas goodies next week. We have neighbors I bake for who can't do it for themselves....I love doing this for them.

Probably no sewing for me today but Life Is Good in our little corner of Missouri.

Wishing everyone a great day.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          Missouri Star
          • Aug 2015

Good morning everyone,
          Beautiful sunny but cold day. I don't ever care how cold it is, as long as it's sunny.

Yesterday, I fixed the quilting I messed up on GS astronaut quilt. I had double stitched a star and a few squiggles when I rented LA. I brought it and the Mystic Mountains to guild meeting for show and tell. I also quilted a baby quilt for donation to children's hospital. There were a few games and lots of prizes of fat quarters. The shop of month donated beautiful prizes. One was the FQ bundle of Ombre with gold dots, a book and panel. Didn't win anything but had fun. There was probably close to 175 people. We all got a gift box with candy cane and hexie papers , fabric, needle and pattern. They showed a video.

I went back to my doctor for follow up. I got the Prevnar 13 shot for pneumonia. My lungs are clear but I'm still coughing and chocking a lot. I had a coughing fit at guild meeting. It's so embarrassing, but also alarming for those around me. I need to keep up with my pumps. DH suggested getting a Dyson air purifier for sewing room. This might help with fibers.

I'm getting by hair done this morning, and will pick up a few groceries after. The day is wide open so far, of course I know this will change. I want to make the label for GS quilt. And I have to get into the Christmas spirit.

Have a good day.
          Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Cathy F
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2012

Morning all,

We had a little bit of snow during the night, roads are dow n to pavement so not enough to be inconvenienced for long. Last night was our Holiday dinner for our Pilot Club so I was glad the snow held off till we were all safely home and in our beds.

A great night with good friends and good food. We designate a group each year to be a benefactor of our donations. This year it was a classroom at one of our local hospitals and I 'm very happy to say we will be able to donate many educational books and materials to the children who are there for extended stays. I won four of our raffle gifts last night, one was a stack of very nice white kitchen towels, tea towels and pretty placemats and oven mitts. Right up my alley for embroidering on those towels!

Well today will be a good day to get in the sewing room, I 'd like to say to clean it but I think i'd rather play with my embroidery machine instead.

Off for coffee, my husband fired up the Keurig and it's calling my name. Wishing everyone a good day!
            Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• Claire Hallman
              Missouri Star
              • Jun 2011

Morning friends, hope your Wednesday is wonderful.

Yesterday I went to a Christmas program at American Village http://www.americanvillage.org/site/PageServer and it was wonderful. During lunch "Abigail Adams" spoke with us about how Christmas was celebrated in colonial Virginia and she introduced me to the crowd as "Martha Washington" I was so surprised but I had fun responding to her questions as if I were she.

Afterwards I did a little shopping and came home to be lazy the rest of the day.

Today I hope to finish fmq the border on a throw, this time I changed the thread color on purpose. I have used 3 different beiges because the thread wouldn't work or the spool ran out. I don't think anyone but me would notice but I am not picking any of it out.
              Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2013

Good morning! Time is flying by. I have most of the Christmas shopping done. And there is still a long list of things to happen before Christmas. Almost everyday, there is at least one thing on the calendar to do.

Yesterday I finally received the t-shirts for the auction quilt (the guy was suppose to have delivered them three weeks ago). It is going to have to be a very quick project to be done in time for the auction items pictures on January 6. There were only 5 shirts so thankfully we are able to use the back sides as there is information on them. My design lady and I have to figure out designs for two blocks as we want the quilt to be 3 x 4 block design to make a nice size throw of 12 - 15 inch blocks.

I worked on clearing up the sewing area yesterday. I cut and pressed some blocks last night. They just need to be squared up then I can sew them once my machine comes back from its spa treatment.

Have a wonderful day everyone

Comment

• KPH
                  Missouri Star
                  • Feb 2015

Good Morning All,

It's been a quiet morning. Mike didn't feel well, tummy issues, but went to work. He'll be home soon. He wanted to get two more shepherd hooks for lanterns in the front of the house. I just ordered them from Lowe's. They'll be ready for pick up. Then a trip to Hobby Lobby for two more lanterns.

He wants to put up more lights over the garage. I'm not sure, I don't like the LED icicles. I told him I'd think about it, maybe next year. lol, Maybe I'll buy more garland and lights for the big front window since there is an electric plug on that side of the porch. We'll see.

He insisted on the little trees for the top of the display cases in the TV area. I've put the garland on. I need to get the ornaments on before he gets home. He'll have to have the ladder to put them up. He begged me last night, NOT to even try it. lol, I wasn't going to. He wasn't thrilled with me using the one step for decorating the tree. He was at the kitchen table keeping an eye on me. Over protective much?

I haven't found a couple of things. I told Mike I don't know if I gave them to Jim or donated them when we went through everything last year. I'm trying to purge, but then I don't remember what I purge and waste time hunting for stuff that's gone.

I put my Secret Santa presents under the tree last night. The kids will be excited to see presents under the tree. Their presents are all still in my closet. Skinny trees in tight corners don't lend themselves to piling up the presents. My bedroom is a disaster of presents stacked in corners and on furniture.

I'd best get started working on these two little trees. Mike may not feel like messing with them, but better safe than sorry in having them done.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.
                  Katrina
                  From NC, retired in FL
                  “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                    Missouri Star
                    • Aug 2015

Back again, I got low lights with my cut & colour this time. I like it. I dropped by Walmart for a few things and ended up with a cart full. Maybe it's because the store was pretty empty and I could take my time looking for things.

DH went out for a late lunch at a new bar & grill. I had butternut squash ravioli smothered in sundried tomatoes, spinach and garlic. Oh my, it was good, but vampires will stay away for a few days. DH had a Reuben and Caesar. All good, but even though there were very few people, he found it noisy. Then we bought an air purifier with Hepa filter & UV light to use at entrance of 2 sewing rooms. Hoping this will help with my breathing. Going to sew now.
                    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• KPH
                      Missouri Star
                      • Feb 2015

Let me know if the air purifiers work, Suzanne.
                      Katrina
                      From NC, retired in FL
                      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Granny Judy
                        Missouri Star
                        • Apr 2011

I finished my Barn Quilt to my son and got it washed & dried. I packed it and the rest of the little gifts for his wife and son.. The box is ready to send and DD#2 will do it tomorrow.. Hopefully it will reach VA before Christmas. Finished up the Christmas Tea Towels.. cut in half, top made to hang and button fastening sewed on... For DD#2's co workers and Son n law's family. 3 sisters, mother and one brother's wife. for a total of 30 tea towels made for both groups.

I had crocheted scrubbies and dish clothes (rags) thru-out the year as I sat and watched tv in the evenings.. those went to work with DD#2 to be handed out for Xmas also. Now I have to find something to keep my hands busy in the evenings for 2020.

I hope everyone is feeling better and finding life going smoothly as we get ready for the upcoming holiday...
                        Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                        :icon_wave:

Comment

Working...
                        X