Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Tuesday hellos

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesday hellos

Good morning friends. Well it is supposed to be a very warm day today and then freezing again tomorrow. We had rain yesterday so there isn't a whole lot of snow left.

My son left around noonish so I got to visit with him while he was here. I got laundry done and worked on some more bowl cozies and I trimmed the batting and the first seemed to be a whole lot better. Today I will finish those up and I also need to make more rice bags.

Hubby may be going out today to finish his shopping and pick up a few groceries that are needed.

Have a wonderful day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday hellos

Good Morning Monique and those who will follow,

Yesterday was busy, but I felt the most normal I've felt in a couple of weeks! Yippee!

I didn't get any sewing done, but home school and Chicken pot pie for dinner was busy enough for me.

Jim brought Pepper last night. She was well behaved, but disappointed that the kids ate their dinner and didn't spill anything for her to nibble on.

It was fun to see Zeke getting a rug out and playing with his puzzles on the floor in the kids room. He and Esther played in there and put everything away other than the crayons that are on the dining room table. More their Dad's fault than theirs, when he was ready to go, it was time to go.

I talked to Russell for about an hour last night. Then Melinda called and I talked to her for another hour. That's probably why my brain was on high when I went to bed. She's miserable. The new principal is not allowing the school to be Montessori anymore. Teachers are upset but don't have the back bone to stand up to her. The old guard of the philosophy has all retired (other than Melinda), She's broken hearted and you can hear it in her voice. She's finally decided it's time to retire. We talked about the paperwork and where to find it (at least where it was 7 years ago). I told her to start with the state paperwork first. Once that's been accepted, go to the Ed center and fill out their paperwork. Sherry did the system first, they lost her paperwork 3 or 4 times. Mel's old enough to draw on her retirement, and SS. I'm crossing my fingers everything will turn out alright.

This afternoon, I think Mike and I will go pick up some Christmas stuff. No need to put out a lot since we're getting a late start. I'm still going to use the unbreakable tree ornaments. I doubt that I'll get the two trees for the tops of the cabinets. I don't know. I'll see what Mike wants to do. I'm going to get one of the onion baskets Uncle Darrell made to put J's school stuff in. I'm tired of looking at it all stacked on the console. I need to find a place where it can be stored out of my sight, but all together where I can find it easily.

Time to get busy. Home school will start soon and nothing is out and ready. Have a wonderful day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. We have a break from the rain for a few hrs. I have a neck massage later this morning. My PT was able to release my C2 last Friday. I can now move my neck without pain on my right side. After lunch I hope to go to the sewing store to find border fabric. I did cut out the pieces for my new quilt. I made a mistake on one piece. I had to order some more fabto cut another piece.

Sounds like everyone is busy getting things ready for the holiday. Beth

6. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Only 23 deg. this a.m. It might be only in the 40's today. This a.m. I'll be taking my car in for an oil change & to check out things. It needs new wiper blades. I'll also be cooking up a pot of Anasazi beans for DH.

Yest. I saw the ortho. dr. about my hand. He injected it with cortisone. It's sore this a.m. I know it's not a permanent fix, but hopefully I'll have pain relief for several mos. I suppose down the road I'll need a trigger finger release surgery, & may also need carpal tunnel release surgery on that hand. They both could be done at the same time.

I spent all morning running errands. I printed off 175 copies of my Christmas letter. I have a new Rx for lenses, so I stopped the optical center. I needed Christmas stamps. Such a long line! It was a 30 min. wait to get to the counter. Made a stop at Hobby Lobby for a gift & 2 cards. They have a nice selection of Christian cards. I swung by Chick-fil-A for lunch to bring home.

The last of my used books from Thrift Books came yest. Oh boy, more good reading. I had ordered 3 Kaffe Fassett books. So much "eye candy" (as Angela Walters would say) to enjoy. I'm getting ideas for new quilt patterns. I totaled up the books I've read this year; so far, I've read 211 books -- the most ever.

Later today, when I get time, I'll call my son for an update on GD Krista. It's really a miracle she wasn't injured more seriously in the wreck yest. I appreciate everyone's prayers.

I hope to finish the binding on the quilt today. I made a start on it yest. p.m. I should be able to finish it before guild mtg. tonight. It's our annual Christmas social. We're having a potluck this year.

8. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

Yesterday was a social day. I had lunch with the VQC ladies. There was 13 of us, many of them are snow birds so they won't be back until spring. It was good. I brought xmas coasters for all to pick. They were surprised and enjoyed these. We also invited the LAQ who volunteers her time to quilt for us. She quilted 50 for our group last year. That's a real boost, as those who spent time quilting on their DSM can now make tops instead. We realize that we have a very dynamic group of ladies.

I visited mom after lunch and finished sewing more bowl cosies for gift.s My GF invited DH & I for dinner, but he wasn't well, so rather than cancel, it became a girls' night out. I picked up 2 GFs. We had a lovely evening. She made fantastic meal and an interesting basil & lemon sorbet and lemon thyme pound cake for dessert. Delicious. Thankfully temps were above freezing so the rain we got all day did not make for dangerous driving.

Monique - be careful as they have freezing rain warnings in your area. We are not getting the rain predicted here, so it will be ok for driving to tonight's guild meeting. It will be a social, so should be fun. I hope to get some sewing done while Elaine cleans the house. I vaccumed yesterday as there was an unusual amount of threads and cat hairs after I decorate house for xmas.

Beth - I hope that you get relief. It's so painful, but important to keep up treatments.
    Joy - I hope your hand will feel better as you need them to make and quilt all the beautiful quilts that you give. Wow, that's a lot of books in one year, especially with everything else you do.

Have an enjoyable day. Stay warm and be safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

10. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Monique;1077489] Today I will finish those up and I also need to make more rice bags.

Have you seen these, they seem like a really good idea to me.

https://www.shinyhappyworld.com/2013...bag-cover.html

Yesterday we took a wrong turn after getting gas and ran the border wall between El Paso and Juarez. One side is just as sad looking as the other. Did see some awesome Spanish buildings in Oldtown area. That's my favorite architecture.

We had hopes to make it to Tucson last night but thanks to hail and absolute "can't see" downpour we stopped in Lordsburg, NM. Tonight we have to be in Sedona, AZ. baring any wrong turns of course
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! It has been a very busy time around here. I finished the graduation quilt and it is now at the LA. The weather had been beautiful but turned off very cold yesterday. Several weeks ago, some of us quilting ladies had planned a quilting stores trip. We went ahead and went and just bundled up. We went to MSQC, had lunch and visited the two quilt stores at Jamesport, then went to the Quilting Farmstead in Lathrop. For the grand finale, I took them through Kruig Park in St. Joseph to see the Christmas light display. The whole park is turned into various lighted scenes. It was a great day.

Today I plan on being home most of the day and getting things done around here. I may get to the sewing room to get some fabric cut.

Have a great day everyone

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone,

I have gotten lazy and have horrible sleeping habits. I have to make myself get back on a regular schedule to go to bed and to wake up. I always feel so much better when I am on a regular schedule.

I am still trying to get Christmas decoration out and the house cleaned up. I have most of my shopping done, I just wish I had the decorating out of the way. I am not near as organized with the decorations as my husband was. Sandy who never growls is ready to kill the snowman that sings and dances. Even though he is turned off, I just know I am going to leave and come back to a pulled apart snowman. Kaylee, has a band concert tonight and we are all going, then maybe we will grab something to eat.

Have a wonderful day all,
    Teresa

KPH, I have to ask what is an onion basket?

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Teresa, it's just a big rectangular basket my uncle made when he was recuperating from back surgery. It looks kind of like a peach basket, I don't know why he called it an onion basket unless it had something to do with the different materials that he wove it with.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=LauraP;1077517]
    Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post
    Today I will finish those up and I also need to make more rice bags.

Have you seen these, they seem like a really good idea to me.

https://www.shinyhappyworld.com/2013...bag-cover.html

Yesterday we took a wrong turn after getting gas and ran the border wall between El Paso and Juarez. One side is just as sad looking as the other. Did see some awesome Spanish buildings in Oldtown area. That's my favorite architecture.

We had hopes to make it to Tucson last night but thanks to hail and absolute "can't see" downpour we stopped in Lordsburg, NM. Tonight we have to be in Sedona, AZ. baring any wrong turns of course
    You were in my neck of the woods. I work in el paso and live in Cruces. We have a great quilt shop here. Then AZ has tons more...hope your travels are safe!@

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post