Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default This is a really late Monday morning or really early Tuesday post

Hi everyone . . . I have been so busy that this is the first time today I have been able to get on the computer. I had settlement on my house today. Everything went well and I am now a homeowner once again. I stopped at Home Depot before going to settlement looking for door mate --- rainy, cold weather could mean a mess being dragged into the house. I found mats for both the front and back doors --- quite large --- for only $6.88. They seem to be a really good quality.

My appliances were to be delivered today. Yesterday (Sunday), I had a call from Lowes that the refrigerator I had purchased back about 2 weeks before Thanksgiving, did not come in. The manufacturer said not till January. He wanted to know if I had a fridge I could use or did I need a loaner. I told him I would need a loaner. It was delivered today along with my new washer and dryer. There is my beautiful new kitchen, with stainless steel appliances except for the fridge. It is a small, white, freezer on the top fridge. No water hook up so I will need to buy a couple of ice cube trays or my sister suggested buying a bag of ice and hopefully that will last until my fridge comes in.

It rained most of the day today and I was a little intimidated to drive my car into the garage. It looked small to me but both my daughter and son-in-law backed into the garage tonight so I should be able to do it tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I have to be at my storage unit before 9 a.m. The movers will be there between 9 and 9:30 to get all my stuff and move it down to the house. Then, tomorrow will be my first night at my new house. I just have to get my curtains up in the bedroom. The blind for the bathroom has not arrived yet --- not liking that. The cable people are coming out tomorrow in the afternoon to install cable and internet.

If all this isn't enough, my daughter's sister-in-law is expecting twins. Invitations were just sent out on Saturday by email. The sprinkle is being held on the 28th --- of December. I will be using panels to make the quilts for them, but everything is packed away so I need to unpack before I can start sewing.

This is all bittersweet for me because I keep thinking that my husband should be here with me. He would have loved this house with a covered back patio. I miss him so much.

So . . . that is what is happening in my world. Hope yours isn't as chaotic as mine is right now. Have a great day.

Nancy

2. Thanks Claire Hallman, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: This is a really late Monday morning or really early Tuesday post

Well Nancy, it sounds like you have things under control and all organized for your move. I'm certain there will be bittersweet moments but you will settle in just fine.

Congrats for the twins - although it doesn't give you much time to make quilts.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yippeee! So glad that you have closed on your new house. Looking forward to seeing the many quilts that you make in your new space

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It is all coming together for you. You will make new memories in your new home but will always hold the 'old' memories close to your heart. Breathe.......
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your move. It was very nice of them to offer a loaner fridge and when yours comes you will doubly appreciate it.
    Good luck finding the quilting things and getting back into the groove.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's an exciting and chaotic time for you. I hope your move is smooth as silk!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou