Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday you arrived so fast!!!

Holy moly it's Monday again. My weekend was fairly quiet. My brother and I did a craft fair on Saturday and I did buy a few things, mostly soup packs. Yesterday I finished a scarf for my girl and her Dad will take it home to her today. He arrived yesterday for the celebration of life for his friend. And then 'the gang' had a bonfire night. He isn't up yet.

One of the things I bought was a mason jar, painted with chalk paint, a string of lights inside and a unicorn on the outside. I could easily make these. I was searching supplies.

Not exactly sure what is on the agenda today. Hubby works and Phil will be leaving sometime today. I don't have anything on the calendar this week (yet).

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Monday you arrived so fast!!!

Good morning Monique! Today some of us from the quilt guild are going to Whittle's Fabrics in Smith's Grove, Ky. It's about a 1.5 hour drive from home. We're looking for fabric for donation quilts and, of course, fabric for ourselves too. We need backing for a patriotic quilt for a veteran, I hope to find some so I can finish the quilt.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone,

I guess it's going to be a normal (?) week around here. I haven't decorated anything yet... other than the hanging that goes inside the front door. Only have that up because it was put away with the Christmas quilt. My bedroom and closet are filled with wrapped presents. That's where they will stay until needed. There's no room in the living room even without the tree. Once the boys go get the tree and it's up, I'll put my Secret Santa gifts under it. That's all!

I was going to hang the family pictures, but if the Tuell's come for Christmas Eve dinner... well, best not put those up yet. Don't want to spoil the kids Christmas for them.

I made one set of napkins yesterday and cut the other sets of fabric. Quilted Twins had 1/2 yard bundles on sale yesterday, so I picked up another bundle. That should make enough for everyone and then some. I did cut a paper template for the semi-circle. I traced it on the fabric, used my weight to hold the fabric still and cut all 8 layers at one time with my rotary cutter (slowly and carefully).

Home school will be starting soon, better get another cup of coffee and something to eat.

Have a great day everyone!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

6. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone,

I guess it's going to be a normal (?) week around here. I haven't decorated anything yet... other than the hanging that goes inside the front door. Only have that up because it was put away with the Christmas quilt. My bedroom and closet are filled with wrapped presents. That's where they will stay until needed. There's no room in the living room even without the tree. Once the boys go get the tree and it's up, I'll put my Secret Santa gifts under it. That's all!

I was going to hang the family pictures, but if the Tuell's come for Christmas Eve dinner... well, best not put those up yet. Don't want to spoil the kids Christmas for them.

I made one set of napkins yesterday and cut the other sets of fabric. Quilted Twins had 1/2 yard bundles on sale yesterday, so I picked up another bundle. That should make enough for everyone and then some. I did cut a paper template for the semi-circle. I traced it on the fabric, used my weight to hold the fabric still and cut all 8 layers at one time with my rotary cutter (slowly and carefully).

Home school will be starting soon, better get another cup of coffee and something to eat.

Have a great day everyone!
    Katrina

― Maya Angelou

8. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well how did I do that? 2? maybe it won't be such a normal week after all. lol
    Katrina

― Maya Angelou

10. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Cathy F thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Yest. when I came home from church & the store, I decided to do something about that clothes hamper we have in the garage for rags. The mice have been inside it, as there were many droppings. It was a nice day, so I took it outside on the patio & dumped out the contents. I wore disp. gloves on my hands, sorted the rags, threw some away. I had a clothes basket full & overflowing. It took 2 loads to wash all of them; I used only hot water. I'm not putting them back out in the garage until I know we've caught all the mice. When I moved the hamper, there was a dead mouse on one of the black sticky glue boards behind it, so that's mouse #6. It had been dead a long time.

I did no sewing after all. Got interested in a good book & read instead. If I want to show & tell this quilt at guild tomorrow, I'll have to get the binding on pronto.

This a.m. I have a dr. appt. at 8:30 about my R. hand pain & trigger finger. I suspect he may inject it again with cortisone. It was injected in Jan. when I was "out" for my carpal tunnel surgery. It wore off in Aug. The pain has been getting worse, so it needs attention. Then I have several errands to run. I finished composing the annual Christmas letter last night. I get copies made rather than doing them on my printer. Cheaper & quicker.

Ever hear of The Singing Contractors? They were featured on the Gaithers Sat. eve. I visited their web site & watched some of their videos on YT. It's 2 contractors (carpenters) from Indiana who sing, mostly gospel music.

In only 2 wks. my gr. dau. & family will be coming. We're still trying to work out the logistics of the visit. (They'll be staying a 90 min. drive away.) Not sure if a homemade dinner is going to happen, or we'll eat out. We have to work around DS's work, DH's needs, etc. I'm sure the details will fall into place.

No more time now.

12. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone.
    Since our gym quit having classes my life has been less busy, both good and bad there. We need to find another but that will wait for 2020.
    Today we are doing a little shopping then going to see the Mr Rogers movie. He was always such a calming influence, Sesame Street hyped DS up then Mr Rogers calmed him down just in time for dinner, loved him.
    I am working on fmq a trip around the world throw, it is almost done and then I only have 2 tops needing fmq. I don't have but maybe 3 tops in process, amazing.

14. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,
    I wish I had a quiet week, but I feel that someone has cranked up the speed on the treadmill to xmas. Yesterday was a bust. I got a manicure and didn't do much of anything else. I wasn't feeling good and fell asleep in the chair for a few hours. Saturday was so busy and I suspect the chinese food we had at our friends was loaded with MSG which could explain the headache and the joint pain I had all day.

I've got a load of sheets in washer. I have a lunch with our VQC group at the Persian restaurant. Although we are having rain, it's not freezing, so hopefully some of the ladies won't cancel. My GF invited us for dinner, but DH is not feeling well, so I suggested we postpone. I will go see mom after lunch to check on the missing new clothes I bought that was sent for tagging. I have a baby quilt sandwiched and ready to quilt lightly for tomorrow night's guild meeting.

Myrna - have fun on your road trip. I Hope you find that perfect fabric.

The VQC shipping dept sent a note about closure during the holidays, and expressed a greater need and requests for quilts for men and teenagers. This is an issue we struggle with, as the fabrics are usually donated and a lot of floral colours. I might dig in my stash for manly fabrics, like many of the members do.

Have an enjoyable day. Stay warm and dry. Be safe. Sending positive thoughts for those experiencing difficult times and sad moments during this season.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

16. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It is foggy and rainy here today. That means that the dogs will be tracking mud into the house. I was out earlier this morn to work out and go on a meeting. We ended up taking our big dog to the vet hospital. They gave him fluids and some anti nausea meds. He semis to be keeping a little food and water done today.
    I may start to cut out the pieces to my new quilt. It is a good day to stay in.

Have a good day.
    Beth

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post