Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Craft Fair

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Craft Fair

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    Have you thought about using flax seed instead of rice? It might sell better because that's what health places use. I left a link for a rack on your other thread
    I was thinking things like flax seed would be more expensive then rice. I had tried oatmeal but really didn't like that. I'll take a look at the other link. I'm not caught up on things and struggling to keep my concentration...very annoying. I had a major disappointment over the weekend (not the Craft Fair) so I've been a bit out of it. The last two days I've been cleaning up a storm because it helps to work out the anger and hurt and the almost constant conversations in my head

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Craft Fair

Quote Originally Posted by KarenC View Post
    Good idea of doing the school craft fair in April. That could generate some T shirt quilt business for graduating seniors. If you could have one for display or at least photos of some you've done, I think that would help. I've been charging $30/shirt lately. I have done 4 in the past 12 months, each a bit different. You'll have to test your market and see if it can support that price. Congrats on the success, and hopefully you can see an increase in activity for next year.
    Good idea about pictures. I do have a pic of the t-shirt quilt that was made from a persons pet who passed away. It had turned out really cute :-). I've been listing those lap quilts as between $150-$175. The other thing I've pushed a little when they balk at the price is to offer lessons on doing it themselves. That seems to have generated a little interest too. We'll see what happens.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique