Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Your favorite appetizer recipe

Our quilt guild is having their Christmas party in two weeks. Everyone is supposed to bring an appetizer. I am very lucky as my husband does virtually all the cooking for us. But appetizers are not his forte. So I feel like I need to take this on.

And I m drawing a blank on this. I don't want to go to the grocery store and have them put together some kind of veggie tray for me but other than that - that is about my comfort zone.

So ideas for easy but good?? Thanks!!
    Debbie

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Your favorite appetizer recipe

If you want to go with red and green Christmas colors, this is the easiest recipe ever. Get two bricks of cream cheese and place each on a serving plate. Spoon green hot pepper jelly over one of them, and red hot pepper jelly over the other. Serve with crackers. Alternatively, you can substitute strawberry jam for the red pepper jelly so that you have both sweet and savory options.

If you want to go to a little more work, here is a recipe for beer-cheese pretzel dip. It was a big hit at an Oktoberfest party this fall.

https://www.craftbeering.com/obatzda...er-cheese-dip/

I'm going to follow this thread, as I'm always looking for new ideas to bring to a potluck.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My go to is caned biscuits, lay them out smash down and fill with pepperoni slices and cheese or any filling..that one seems to be the popular. Hawaiian rolls with lunch meat ham and bake for a few min. Cheese slices with lunch meat slice on a toothpick...crackers the side. Hope that helps!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

A go-to with some of our friends is pickle/cheese/ritz plate. Stack the sliced [cheddar is best] cheese with dill chips onto a cracker. It is surprisingly good and so very easy.
    I also like to buy frozen meatballs, cook as directed then put in the crock pot with a half grape jelly-half ketchup mixture and heat through.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

How about a flavored meatball like teriyaki or Korean? Or make one type of meatball and bring three different sauces. I make turkey meatballs from scratch, but you can buy frozen ones these days.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I like cheese platters. Rare are those that don't eat cheese.

I cut dried (or fresh) figs in half or quarter with Brie cheese. Gouda cheese, smoked cheddar with artisan crackers. Grapes and tAmarica almonds from Costo on a side plate

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Grandma Dot makes meatballs with canned jellied cranberry sauce, chili sauce and a few other ingredients. I'll look it up if you're interested. It's a crock pot deal.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I make a vegetable pizza, 2 Pillsbury crescent rolls unrolled and spread onto a pan with a rim. press the rolls so they make like a crust-
    Bake in an oven at 350 degrees for about 10 min. or until brown. Cool
    Mix 1 8oz. and 1 3oz softened cream cheese, 1/2 teaspoon dill weed, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and 3/4 cup mayonnaise. Spread the creamcheese mixture on the cooled crust.
    Cut vegetables up in small/bite sized pieces and spread over the top. You can use almost any vegetable--green peppers, broccoli, tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms, cauliflower, You can top it with shredded cheese, I use cheddar. I never have leftovers. The pizza can be sliced in any sizes you like or need.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Easy but good....Buy Tennessee Pride frozen sausage/cheese balls at the grocery and bake them. A little pricey, but I've yet to see them not be eaten. I used to make them from scratch until I found these.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

10. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Cream cheese with hotpepper jelly is one of my all time favorites as mentioned above. You wouldn't think it would be that good but it really really is! I usually make pepper jelly each year and treat myself over the winter.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

12. Thanks MSN thanked for this post