Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Saturday hellos

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday hellos

Good morning,
    Up early and getting ready to leave to visit friends.

A GF has a book signing at a local food shop owned by another GF's daughter. So I get to see many of old GFs. It's next door to a friend who owns a music store, so DH will visit with our friend, Steve. Then DH & I are looking for ulpholstery fabric and dense memory foam for gliders' seats. We will get together with other friends to celebrate a birthday and dinner.

Yesterday was a sewing day after we went out for breakfast and a short visit with mom.

Gotta run. Have a good day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks Claire Hallman, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Saturday hellos

Good Saturday morning. I didn't do much yesterday but today I am meeting up with my brother and we are going to a craft market.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ The ladies' Christmas event at church last eve. was very nice. The food was mostly cookies, also nuts, & bowls of fresh fruit. I took along a cheese stick for some protein to go with the sweets. The speaker was very good and talked about how we often feel pressured to celebrate Christmas, thinking of all the "shoulds" & what we think are others' expectations of us, when we really ought to enjoy the real reason for the season and do what's meaningful for us & our families. We sang several Christmas carols. I sat with the 96 y.o. lady who heads up our Lady Bugs group & her dau. who is a nurse. We had conversation on common topics of interest.

Yest. I completed the FMQ on the Buckeye Beauty quilt. It's trimmed & ready for binding.

It's supposed to be in the 50's today & sunny, so I plan to change the other bed, air the pillows outside, & do laundry. I need to finish composing my Christmas letter. We've already received 3 Christmas cards.

Yest. we caught mouse #5 in the garage.

Have a wonderful weekend. Don't let the stress of the upcoming holiday get to you.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Must Do list .
    First I have to get the binding on DS's Barn quilt and then get it sent off. Once that is out of the way it is getting the box filled and sent to My Cousin from Texas. She left some clothes here when she visited in Oct. And I've included a gift or two since we just celebrated our birthdays (Dec 2 & 3).
    and last is getting the tea towels finished so DD#2 can hand them out to her co workers. I try to do something special for them since they gave up their earned hours of vacation while she was under going chemo and radiation treatments.

So it's off to grab a cuppa and get dressed before this day gets away from me.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We picked up the assembled bicycles for the grands yesterday. They look so very cute, cute enough I have walked into the guest room just to look at them. After getting the bikes we dropped into the dollar store for some gift bags, when I got home I tried them out to see if they would fit the pillows I had made and ended up wrapping everything I had bought so far for Christmas. I found a few things I had forgotten, yea!
    I am now pretty much ready, another yea!
    Our DS asked that we come to their house for Christmas, the start of a new chapter in our celebrations, happy but a tiny bit sad, too.

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone.

Mike's hours are weird today, so I ordered groceries from Publix and they should be here soon. I didn't need much, but it beats having to find a ride to go and come back. I don't think I should be out spreading my germs anyway.

I have one load of laundry in the wash and the second ready to go in. Other than that, I'm not planning on doing a lot today. Yesterday, I worked on a multiplication checkerboard for JClick image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0579.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	161639 It uses bead bars and you can do multiplication with 'big numbers' which is a draw for little kids.

Last night was Hot Cocoa and Carols at church. Jim called at 4:30 to ask if I wanted to go. Wanting and should were two different things. I haven't heard from him about how it went. I'm sure it was great.

Grandma Dot's family pictures on their way to her. I know she'll love them. It makes me happy to see the pictures of the grands, but the family picture just makes me sad. I miss Howard so much. I think after Christmas I might go and buy a few more pictures. They certainly were good.

I think I might try out Donna Jordan's tree napkins. I'll have to dig out some brown for the tree trunks.

I hope everyone has a great day.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning!
    I have a high school student coming to clean my barn in about an hour. While she does that, I can get some hooves trimmed. Some people have a spa day to reward themselves and reduce stress. I decided a bit of farm help was the best for me.

Then I have to decide if I'm heading to Mom's to clean her house, or sew. Whatever I don't do today, I will do tomorrow.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. I got a new laptop and it has taken me several days to figure out my password for this site, which I had never written down. Claire, thanks for mentioning the dollar store. I forgot I needed to go there. Yesterday was a babysitting day so nothing else was accomplished. Today, needs to be a busy one. Walked this morning, but have been piddling on this laptop since I got home, moving files from the old one to this one. It's now time for a shower, errands, laundry, etc. I should finish stitching down the binding on the Hard Rock quilt today. Sure hope the client is happy with it. It's a little too long for my taste, but he's a big guy, so hoping he likes it that way. Been fighting a sore throat the last few days, so hope that doesn't build into anything more serious. I don't have time to get sick again.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post