Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help! Need gift ideas for co-workers -- $10 or less

Hi Everyone,

I have been so focused on Mom lately, I haven't given much thought to what to buy my co-workers for Christmas this year. The gifts need to be store-bought, I do not have time to sew anything. I think the last day we are together before winter break is December 18.

There's always the usual chocolate from the local chocolate shop, but some of the girls avoid sweets. Bath & Body Works is having a sale on candles today. What do you think of those? https://www.bathandbodyworks.com/c/h...3-wick-candles

One of my co-workers is Muslim; I'm looking for ideas that aren't necessarily Christmas-themed.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help! Need gift ideas for co-workers -- $10 or less

Oven mitts, decorative tea towels, mugs, mitts/gloves/scarf for example. (I personally don't like candles but many do)
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

3. Thanks am2901, JulieC thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going to suggest the same items as Monique. I did tea towels this year for DD#2's co workers. They can be pretty festive or everyday useful..as well as holiday friendly.
    I had time to sew a hot pad on them with a hanging button .. but they are great just they are.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sewing 2019 xmas.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	161638

5. Thanks JulieC thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post
    Oven mitts, decorative tea towels, mugs, mitts/gloves/scarf for example. (I personally don't like candles but many do)
    I'm not crazy about candles, either; other people seem to like them. Or like to gift them, anyway!

7. Thanks am2901, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I was also going to suggest a nice holiday tea towel, they were my big sellers this year at the craft fair. Also a cute gift a potholder with a pocket, to put a bag of cookie mix or brownie mix in it along with a spatula (dollar stores are great for these items), a Tervis drink cup with a cute design or water bottle filled with some Hershey kisses to make it look festive.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

9. Thanks JulieC thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My dh gets terrible headaches from candles, perfume, hairspray, etc so candles might not be the best idea. I love getting a box of small blank notecards and use them throughout the year. Somewhere, an office supply store maybe? there must be an item like a cute smallish spiral notebook especially made to write down all your computer passwords. My book is beginning to be useless as it is crammed with so many little sticky notes and backs of envelopes. There must be a better way!

11. Thanks JulieC thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Walmart had holiday towels & hotpads out. They were $.88 each. There were some nice washcloths 4/$2.50 too. I'm going to pick up a bottle of hand soap from JoAnn 5/$5 to add to it. That makes a decent gift for ~$10.

If you really want to go easy, Amazon has gift card packs w/$10 cards. Then they can get a new book, or just about anything else they want! Tape them to bamboo skewers with everyone's name and stick them in a styrofoam dome for display. We have given gift cards in note card that has at least one thing we admire/appreciate about that person. That was fun too.

Good luck!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

13. Thanks JulieC thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I know you say you don't have time to sew but there's a few things that take no time. I usually crafty gemini tutorials for my craft fair items. The lip balm case takes 10min I do a couple extra finishing steps. Just saying because when you start adding up the cost when buying it adds up. Honestly I love candles but due to perfumes I would only buy vanilla.

15. Thanks JulieC thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love mason jar anything
    https://www.pinterest.com/search/pin...yped&term_meta[]=mason%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=jar%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=gifts%7Ctyped

And you can get fairy lights in sets and split them up for the decoration.
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=fairy+lig...f=nb_sb_noss_2

Lorie

17. Thanks cv quilter, JulieC thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    I love mason jar anything
    https://www.pinterest.com/search/pin...yped&term_meta[]=mason%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=jar%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=gifts%7Ctyped

And you can get fairy lights in sets and split them up for the decoration.
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=fairy+lig...f=nb_sb_noss_2
    I was getting alot done today until I got sucked into the mason jar universe on Pinterest, but it was a nice diversion. Um, thanks Lorie you are such an enabler!