Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New Juki tl2010q user needs help

I also recently acquired the Juki 2010Q. The instruction booklet is terrible at describing the needle threader (among other things), but youtube usually saves the day. Try this video -- it shows the whole threading process, but about 4 minutes in she gets to the threader. I thought it was good because the camera-work actually shows it close enough. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Fb7kkxl3I

Another tip that I know from having an older Bernina with a similar semi-auto needle threader: The fingers holding the thread end need to be very loose on the thread so that you allow the threader mechanism to pull it from your fingers. This was always the maddening part to me because if I held the thread end just a little too snugly, I'd end up just pulling it right back out of the needle immediately after the mechanism threaded it (kind of like a subtle tug-of-war between your fingers holding the thread-end and the threader). Hope that helps.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I am with you. I have had my machine 3 1/2 yrs and I think I did it twice. Gave up and I just deal with threading it manually. Such a poor design when it takes numerous YouTube videos to try and teach it and still not successful.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I rarely have a problem with it. I release the lever slowly making sure the thread is securely pulled to the right in the plastic slot at the bottom.
    Last edited by Dalronix; January 1st, 2020 at 06:00 PM.
    ~: Ron :~

"You cut up fabric and then sow it back together again? Really?"