Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default WIP Dec 7-12, 2019

Wasn't easy but I managed to squeeze in some quilting time this week. Finished all the log cabin blocks for the border. Now I just need to assemble all the blocks together.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5323.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	161633

Whats on your sewing table?
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP Dec 7-12, 2019

Absolutely gorgeous

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Denise that is just wonderful! I love it! Your work is always spectacular.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Looks wonderful!! I have been working on these scrunchies with a zipper to put small things in...yes you can still wear it!

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think this time I must use my language to describe your work "maravilloso""increible""fantastico""alucinante""a sombroso""precioso" and another ten or more words of admiration for you and for your work. This week I have a special order for a friend of my granddaughter and it is a white tunic to which I must paint some flowers ahead, it is a work of those who arrive at the last minute and I can not refuse, I hope the girl like it

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Gorgeous quilt!

On my sewing table? I have the fabric cut out for twelve Christmas place mats. Now to get them sewn for Christmas dinner!

12. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Name:	sewing 2019 xmas.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	161634

Christmas Tea Towels are holding down my machine.. This is a combo of sewing and crocheting. Only 18 more to go and I've got lots of inexpensive gifts that everyone seems to love.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I have to add my vote Denise that your quilt is going to be spectacular. What line of fabrics did you use, or was it a combination. I think this would be beautiful using some of my Jason Yenter fabrics. Well done.

I've been sewing and quilting a bit everyday. In past weeks I finished 2 large quilts and this week, I made and finished a donation quilt. I have also done some sewing for a friend (I really need to learn to say no), wall names in felt for her GDs, a pillow to decorate nursery that belonged to the aunt. I made 2 pillowcases for GS. I also washed and put away some fabrics I recently bought. I sandwiched a top donated to me. It's not big enough for VQC and our group does for adults, so I plan to finish and bring to my guild to donate to our children's hospital.

We are away Saturday but this week I plan to finish a sundress for GD for their winter vacation. I'm also making microwave bowls for gifts with homemade cookies or fudge. I must design & make labels for 2 quilts to be given. If all gets fine, I decided that we need a xmas table runner for dining room table.

This is how my cutting table looks once I finish a project. More often it's covered. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	161637

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

15. Thanks Claire Hallman, DeniseSm thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
    Oh I have to add my vote Denise that your quilt is going to be spectacular. What line of fabrics did you use, or was it a combination. I think this would be beautiful using some of my Jason Yenter fabrics. Well done.

Views:	31 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	161637
    I purchased this Kaleidoscope Dreams as a BOM kit from Ebay. All the documentation was dated 2008-2009. I was thrilled when it came because it had color print outs of the fabric and said where the fabric went in the block. I hate when a kit comes with fabric and doesn't tell where the fabric is supposed to be used. You can see an example of the fabric key here. https://stitchinheaven.com/pages/fabric-keys-j-l I wish other quilt shops did this. The original kit had over 70 different batik fabrics in it. I replaced approx 30% of the batik fabrics with fabric from my stash. I added a lot of cranberry red because that is my favorite shade of red and I felt it balanced out the cool blue and green colors. I replaced all the brown fabric in the kit with shades of purple fabric. I pulled very heavily from my scraps. Each of the 64 flying geese is unique. All but two 2" WOF strips for the entire log cabin border came from my scrap bins. I'm guessing I used over 50 different batiks in the log cabin border. So all told I used over 150 different batiks.

I think it would be beautiful in Jason Yenter fabrics.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have been making some progress on the donated tops for VQC. I quilted and donated a child quilt for our children's hospital. There have been 2 that have bothered me as they are queen size and too large for our specifications. I debated taking them apart to make smaller, but that is more work than I want to invest. I spoke to a member of our guild, and they would take them. But before, I spoke to the donator and she said her group would take them back to finish to donate to new Canadians. Yeah, that's a relief.

I did work on a partial UFO donated. There was some fabrics, not cut. This is what I have done so far, continuing on the project. It is long enough but I will need to add more on both sides to make it wider. Then another one will be ready to quilt.

Views:	18 
Size:	198.6 KB 
ID:	161727

Dorothy is coming over today, and we will decide how and what to do to finish these donated UFOs.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.