Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great service!

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great service!

I'm very impressed with my delivery from M*! I ordered late in the evening on Black Friday and my order arrived an hour ago. That's very impressive from the U.S. to Canada. Now if only the FedEx driver would learn to ring the doorbell so I know the item was being delivered!
    Thank you so much for your new delivery system - it's not only fast but extremely reasonably priced as well!

I wish I could say the same from the other company I ordered from the day before (Nov. 28th). It seems that it is still somewhere in the U.S. (Illinois?) Hopefully I'll get that one before Christmas....

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Babs quilts thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Great service!

I had the storm door open this afternoon. I was watching TV with my feet up. The UPS guy knocked on the door and waved. I was surprised, to say the least. They normally put it so I have to knock the package out of the way to open the door.

It would definitely be nice if they knocked or rang the bell when leaving a package.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've been very disappointed with package delivery people. They rarely, if ever, ring the door bell. Sometimes I just happen to find the pkg. I'm more vigilant now that I can track pkgs. & be expecting them, but they don't always come on the day it says. There are so many porch robbers this time of year, which is a sad commentary on our society.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We don’t have a doorbell but the Girls let me know when something is being delivered. They hate the UPS and Fedex trucks.

7. Thanks Old Newbie, SuzanneOrleansOntario, sydneybean thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

My sister's quilt from M* came via FedEx Wednesday. The driver knocked and rang the doorbell. While I was signing for the package, he said: "You know, you can sign for it online. Then we can just leave the package."

I knew that, I was just really excited to see how it turned out. Maybe next time.

9. Thanks Old Newbie thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KPH View Post
    I had the storm door open this afternoon. I was watching TV with my feet up. The UPS guy knocked on the door and waved. I was surprised, to say the least. They normally put it so I have to knock the package out of the way to open the door.

It would definitely be nice if they knocked or rang the bell when leaving a package.
    I think it is wonderful that they ring the bell or knock. Our Amazon driver did that and said with all the pirates they are told to if there is a vehicle or obviously someone home. If they leave a package they take pics.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That is great, Maria Sews. I have also been impressed with the delivery time to Canada. It's encouraging and very enabling. also ordered on Black Friday and my package is expected today. Our guy rings, drops off box and leaves before I even have time to make it to the door. So far, it hasn't been a problem.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JulieC View Post
    My sister's quilt from M* came via FedEx Wednesday. The driver knocked and rang the doorbell. While I was signing for the package, he said: "You know, you can sign for it online. Then we can just leave the package."

I knew that, I was just really excited to see how it turned out. Maybe next time.
    I would NOT do that! If you sign on line, they leave the package and then it is stolen - who is responsible? You Are! You signed that you received it - it is on you.

I guess international shipping is much faster now than domestic FedEx. Still waiting on my M* package that was "due" yesterday - and it's not coming today, either. Oh well, I know not to order anything I need quickly - they were just wants anyway.
    Donna

13. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everyone that would like to have them ring the bell. I do not find packages, and have taken to look frequently, and with all of the porch thieves would really like them to ring the bell!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

AS of late I have been having issues with getting things from Amazon. TWICE in ONE month, I have ordered and when you are a Amazon Prime Member, you are supposed to get your package within 1-3 days on some items. Both times the things I ordered were medical supplies and when the package wasn't delivered on the date promised I had to go out and purchase a small amount of the items I ordered from Amazon, from a local Pharmacy, grrrr..... TWICE there was a message on my Amazon account that said "Unable to deliver the package, no one at home!!!"
    What was hilarious was that BOTH my DH & I were sitting in the living room, RIGHT near the window that faces the driveway, and NO ONE drove into our DRIVEWAY.
    It was bad enough to lie like that the first time, but within 5-6 days later, the USPS did the SAME thing? After that, I called Amazon and told them about it. They appologized and offered to give me a refund of the cost of the items I purchased, but I refused telling them that while it was nice of Amazon to want to refund my money, I honestly think doing that only causes prices to go up, etc. I just wanted Amazon to know what was going on so they could find out why this is happening.

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"