Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Quilt question

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quilt question

I was given a co-workers fabric...I know lucky me!! She's not quilting anymore. She gave a layer cake today that I'm in love with. I came home dreaming of making a quilt! It's Christmas in a silver and blue color way. I found a free pattern I want to make, the only issue I have is it calls for 10.5inch squares. It has smaller squares that all fit together. If I reduce all measurements in the pattern by 1/2 inch won't it work? The pattern is called pear tree greeting...Thanks in advance.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Quilt question

Try a test block with scraps but I think it should work.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

At first I thought sure you can do that. Everyone says cut down to your smallest size. But I found your pattern and that is A Lot of pieces! Your just working with a layer cake? I'm not sure about that plan. I hope more experienced quilters will pop in for you.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/15/57...dad912bdde.jpg

Lorie

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't find the actual pattern on the Hoffman site. Can you post a link to the directions. That might help

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My answer is put this on the back burner until after Christmas or you will be driving yourself crazy. Unless you live alone, don't need to buy/send gifts or cards, or do any baking!

6. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hulamoon did post the link. I should add I'm only using the layer cake for the ornaments. I have fabric for the background! I have nothing going on this Christmas, I have the time. My kids are grown, except my youngest and she turns 17 this month and is going thru her I hate mom year. My boys never had that year but my 2 girls both love to hate me at this age.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

In that case I say go for it! : ) It's going to be pretty in those colors.

That 'hates mom year' happens more than once

Lorie

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to pop in and see how you are doing with your project... I checked out the pattern and think your color choices will be terrific.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Momofmonsters5 View Post
    Hulamoon did post the link. I should add I'm only using the layer cake for the ornaments. I have fabric for the background! I have nothing going on this Christmas, I have the time. My kids are grown, except my youngest and she turns 17 this month and is going thru her I hate mom year. My boys never had that year but my 2 girls both love to hate me at this age.
    I couldn't see the actual directions on Hulamoons link. Just a pick of quilt and the fabric. If you go to the Huffmann site, they don't even list that pattern. I just wanted to read the directions so I could maybe help

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure where everyone saw the pattern. I couldn't find it on the hoffmann site. Hula moon's link only went to a pic of quilt and fabric