Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thursday hellos!!

Good morning friends. I slept well last night but have awoken with a headache. I think it is my sinuses.

Well our dinner last night was another successful one. No one went home hungry. We served about 120 people not including all the helpers. And I came away with enough left overs for a couple of days. My jellied salad was a hit as well. I was offered a ride home by one of our members who lives not that far away from me so I didn't have to come home and wait for Les to finish work so I could go back out and pick him up. I was so grateful. What a beautiful night it was with a little snow on the ground

Today I will be making a nacho dip for Les to take to his Christmas party this evening. He doesn't have far to go so there will be driving.

I have been on a waiting list for a colonoscopy and yesterday they called. Of all the dates and times, I now have my appointment for December 23rd. I didn't want to have to wait for another 6 months for another appointment so I took it. My weekend plans will have to change but that's okay as we have to do what we have to do, right?

I am looking forward to Saturday as I will be spending a good portion of the day with my brother. So today I need to get those bowl cozies done today so I can give them to him.

Ok friends I just discovered the "undo" button on the above tool bar. DID you know? I somehow deleted my whole post and *poof* it was gone. I really didn't want to start over again, so I went looking. It is the little blue arrow pointing to the left and *poof* my post reappeared. HOORAY!!!

On that note, have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday hellos!!

Good Morning Monique and those who follow,

I've been sitting here prepping for Jonathan. Sometimes, I really don't get why my son likes this math program. Today is one of those days. I don't take the daily paper, which is required for this activity. SO, I went on line and wrote down all of the information J would need. I only have him for part of the day, I don't need the whole time spent looking up the low temperatures for all of the countries capitals this morning. Duh! I'll show him how I found the information, he can round the numbers and I'll help him decide what data he'll use. That should take forever, if that wasn't enough... there's an assessment in math that he's supposed to do, too. Something tells me Grandma may just pull the "I ain't doing this" card today. It's TOO much!

I have the fabric pulled for making Jonathan a multiplication checker board. Now that's some big number math I will enjoy!

I think I'm almost done wrapping. I still don't have the trees or decorations. Honestly, I don't care. Today, Melinda's gift will be taken to UPS to mail. I have my weekly 3 books on tape that I'm just going to send back. I still have 3 that I haven't opened to listen to. I should tell them I can't listen to 3 a week when I have home school! lol, I can barely get 1 done.

A manatee is being released into the wild from Jax Zoo. She's been in rehabbed since March. Brier Rose is a big girl, 873 lbs. Hopefully she'll do well in her new environment. The news is showing how they're getting her ready for travel to Cocoa. They'll monitor her and make sure she's doing alright.

Time for me to get busy before the kiddo gets here. I'll have to make sure everything goes into the book bag today. Cross your fingers we make it through Math! lol
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ A milder morning; rain or snow expected today, <1". Our high yest. was 52; we had sun in the afternoon. I ran several errands after Bible study yest. & bought groceries. The city streets are much improved. Many of the sides streets still are icy & bumpy. Enough snow has melted that we're seeing more grass in the yard -- better grazing for the rabbits. - lol -

We caught mouse #4 in the garage yest.

DS#1's job interview went well yest. Now to wait to see if he gets a 2nd interview, & then wait more to see who is selected.

My gr. dau. (Dallas, TX) called yest. with "exciting news". The family is coming to CO for Christmas! They'll be staying with friends S. of Denver & driving up during the daytime to see us & her dad, DS#2. Because DH can't tolerate the stress of a lot of hub bub, my son & I will plan a Christmas dinner at his apt. It's disappointing that I can't fix a nice dinner here for all of them, but...it's just the way things are. My son has to work Christmas day, so we'll have to plan our get togethers during his 3 day week end. They're flying up Christmas Eve day & returning NY's Eve night. By traveling those days, she was able to get cheaper tickets. It's been almost 3 yrs. since I've seen them. The grt. GSs are 6 & 3.

I hope to get started on my annual Christmas letter today. It's time to think about mailing our cards.

Monique ~ Love that "undo" button. A very handy tool!

6. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,
    Monique - I guess it's good news that you can get your test, however inconvenient the timing. I hope you headache gets better. It's fun that you are a busy one with all these xmas gatherings.
    Katrina - well the low temp today in Canada's capital is -1celsius, with light snowfall. We got ~1" yesterday, so the dirt and lawn are covered. Looks pretty. Lots of work, this homeschooling, but it's good for you as well as the GKs.
    Joy - how nice to have family visit over the holidays. Too bad that you can't host - it is what it is.

Yesterday was a stay-in & play day. I quilted the VQC, attached the binding and have only one side remaining to handsew. Attach the label and it will be ready to give to a GF's DH battling cancer. I also made 2 pillowcases for GS and a pillow for a GF's GD. I'm determined to get all these sewing projects done sooner than later. I also washed some of the tops that were given to VQC. While I don't usually wash un-quilted tops, there was a musty smell that I had to ensure smell would come out, before many more hours were spent finishing it. It was also making it smell in my sewing room.

This afternoon I have a massage, and I think the rest of day and tomorrow will be sewing. I made some quick meals so I don't have to be interrupted.

Enjoy your day. Stay warm. Stay dry. Be safe from Mother Nature's fury -- fires, heavy snow, ice and rain.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

8. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello my friends! Today is rainy and grey. My best friend is selling bags at a craft fair today so I will go and support her efforts. Then I have a dr. appointment. Other than that I think I will try to do a little Christmas shopping online. I hope everyone has a happy day today

Jeannette

10. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Suzanne, it was so funny this morning. Jonathan came in at 'snack' time. So I fixed his cinnamon toast and apple juice while he was looking at what was on the table to do today. The first thing was the chart I'd filled in the state, capital and low temp for this morning. I looked at him and said "You'd better say, thank you Grandma, because you were supposed to look all of that up." I got the biggest THANK YOU and hug! We didn't have time to waste for him to copy all of that from the computer screen to the paper. As it was, he did have fun with it, and he decided that he was going to make a bar graph with all of his 'money cup' problems from next week. That surprised me!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

12. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post