Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Christmas riddle

So I have a Baby's 1st Christmas ornament made on Etsy. I'm about to write on the tag.

To: Rachel (my DD)

or

To: Mae (GD)

The riddle is, it's for Mae but she won't really have it until her mother gives it to her. But Mae is written on the ornament and I'm the original buyer.

So what do you write on the tag?

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Christmas riddle

I would go with To Rachel from Mom! Thanks for the reminder I need to get online today and order some stuff, Xmas will be here before we know it!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

To: Mae
    From Grandma

My thoughts, a newborn doesn't have the ability to open a gift, or the knowledge to appreciate the gift, but that doesn't stop us from buying them clothes, toys, quilts, etc.... the gift is to the baby. There will come a time that little Mae will be old enough to know that Grandma gave that gift to Mae, and that Mae will be old enough to hang HER ornament on the tree by herself, and that even further down the years, that ornament may hang on Mae's tree for her children to see that Mommy was once a little girl too (and loved very much by her Grandmother).

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go with to Mae from Grandma. It was given for the baby from you and through the years I think that will hold special meaning for her.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline T. View Post
    From Grandma

My thoughts, a newborn doesn't have the ability to open a gift, or the knowledge to appreciate the gift, but that doesn't stop us from buying them clothes, toys, quilts, etc.... the gift is to the baby. There will come a time that little Mae will be old enough to know that Grandma gave that gift to Mae, and that Mae will be old enough to hang HER ornament on the tree by herself, and that even further down the years, that ornament may hang on Mae's tree for her children to see that Mommy was once a little girl too (and loved very much by her Grandmother).
    This is so sweet, Caroline! And I completely agree.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I started 26 years ago giving my grands a dated/personalized ornament for Christmas, Always addressed the label to the child. Now my granddaughter is 26 years and has a new baby of her own. Hints about getting the little one an ornament have been sent since the October birth. I finally get a chance to give a girly ornament- It is so cute. Can't wait for her mom to see it. I gave all the grands boxes to keep their ornaments in so they each have their own box and can take it with them when they leave home.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I vote for giving it directly to the grandchild from Grandma, for all the reasons Caroline listed.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline T. View Post
    From Grandma

I agree with everyone, that was really sweet : )

I was just around goofing off waiting for my other DD to pick me up. But you guys are all really sweet. To Mae it goes, but really mommy for now. lol

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I was the Lone Ranger again I see! But that's ok, your daughter will love it anyway.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjkaiser View Post
    I was the Lone Ranger again I see! But that's ok, your daughter will love it anyway.
    Ahh, it wasn't a wrong answer : ) Did you get any shopping done? I'm embarrassed to say how much I spent online for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I even bought a water fountain for my cat. lol

Lorie