Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's a Wednesday post!!

Name:  images (4).jpg
Views: 226
Size:  12.6 KB

Good morning friends. Yes up early once again. That hamster in my brain just won't go away.

I did get into the sewing room yesterday and made two more table toppers. Now to get them sandwiched. We had a wonderful turkey dinner last night at our meeting. We revealed who we were as secret sisters and picked new ones for next year. I got a fellow quilter. Should be a fun year.

Today I need to make my pistachio salad for the dinner tonight. The community dinner is always a fun time. The seniors look forward to this every year.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's a Wednesday post!!

Good Morning Monique and those who follow,

It's still O dark 30 here. I'm not sure if Zeke is coming or not, I forgot to look at the calendar last night before I went to bed. If he's not coming, I have more wrapping to do.

Yesterday was busy! First home school day of the week. I didn't keep J on Monday, I just didn't feel like it. He's still coughing and I'm sure I have another dose of germs to add to my own after yesterday.

When Mike got home, we ran errands. The Dollar Tree for gift bags, post office to drop off Christmas cards, Wally World for large wrapping paper and fresh veggies for dinner. That was it, I was worn completely out.

I hope to get into the sewing room today. The last touches of cleaning up and crossing my fingers a little sewing. That will all depend on if Zeke comes this morning.

Coffee is ready and I need to eat and take something for this cough. Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning....I slept like a baby last night for the first time in ages.

Yesterday I went to our bank and emptied our safe deposit boxes and relocated them to the bank in Houston. Our branch is closing soon. Now running to the bank will involve a significant drive.

I should do housework today but I may clean the sewing room instead. Sounds like a fun day. The Girls will have a ball going through my things!

My tea is waiting for me. Have a great day everyone.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning, quilty friends.

I had to break down and purchase a new desk top computer; I got a refurb and how wonderful it is to finally see true color again and fast response. My old computer was low on memory and about ready to crash. I guess it was all the PFD files of saved quilt patterns/photos. I am content for this decision.

I am no longer working two jobs. The second job at an answering service ended the day after Thanksgiving and I don't miss it. Late hours, high stress and no time to create. The new job as an assistant office manager with a privately owned auto parts store facilitates my skills and experience. It is "old school", but more to my liking and structured. Monday through Friday, weekends off and no late nights. I am content for this decision.

Hopefully, before the end of this year, I can organize and purge my sewing room and get creating again. I have so much to do for the upcoming guild quilt show next spring and I am no where near ready.
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning!

I am working from home today. M* finished my sister's quilt! It is arriving today via FedEx and a signature is required. At least I can get my work done while I wait for the package. Looking at the tracker, it will probably arrive later in the day. I am very impressed with M*'s turnaround time! I think the date for guaranteed Christmas delivery was in early September. I placed the order on October 14 -- about a month after the deadline. I didn't expect it until after the holidays. I can't wait to see what color thread they chose for the quilting!

A couple of employees from the memory care facility will be evaluating Mom at her house tomorrow afternoon. I hope it won't be too overwhelming for her. The one gal bought a white board and markers to bring with them. Mom doesn't wear her hearing aids often, and when she does she has trouble understanding. She does much better when we write things down.

Katrina -- thanks for the reminder! I need to go to our local Dollar Tree for gift bags, too!

Have a wonderful day!

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Well, I had a productive day yest. Changed the bed, did laundry, aired the pillows outside in the sun. We had an unusually warm day; it got up to 62 & felt so balmy. Lots of good melting happened. Ran the vacuum, cleaned the bathroom. Did more FMQ on the quilt.

Today is Bible Study Fellowship; it's my week to play the piano. On the way home I need to stop at the grocery store.

More rain or snow is predicted for tomorrow, but less than an inch, so that won't be bad.

DS#1 (in MD) has a job interview today for a 2nd level management position. He took the day off yest. to prep. & think about possible questions he might be asked & comments he may want to make. He works for the FAA admin. in downtown D.C.

Time to fix DH's breakfast. I also need to run through my music. I'll be playing Christmas music today.

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,

I am finally back on my feet today, not quite standing up straight yet but it's a great improvement and the pain is at a level where two excedrin keep it in check. I have numerous things that need to get done so I am going to try and get out this morning and try to cross one or two off my list, fingers crossed.

Since I 've been in the recliner since Thanksgiving I made good use of the time. I got the hanging sleeve and binding sewn down on my Santa quilt. My husband took my Baltimore album quilt off the staircase and put this one up for me. It's a little bit smaller that the one that was hanging there so a bit more of the rod shows but I love these old world embroidered Santas.

My sewing room needs a good end of the year cleaning hopefully within the next few weeks I will bite the bullet and get it done.

Well time to get this ole gal moving, coffee will help so I 'm shuffling off to the kitchen. Wishing everyone a good day.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

14. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,
    Did not have a restful sleep. The cats were fighting and running around a good part of the night. And then, so annoying, unknown long distance callers, at 4:30 and 6:30. Same stupid scamming calls every day. I did fall back asleep, but my schedule is off.

Yesterday I ran errands, picked up items for mom and visited with her. My GF and my son came for dinner. Xmas decor is all done.

Today I plan to quilt and sew items to be done before xmas. There a light snowfall, expecting about an inch.

Sherri - I'm happy you have found a good job match. Joy - best wishes to your son on his interview.

Enjoy your day. Time for another cup of coffee.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

16. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Cathy, can you make covers for the ends of the rods? Kind of like iron skillet handle covers.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

18. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy does it feel good to sit down after rushing around all day! And it is an hour before supper and I am so glad there's leftovers in the fridge because I definitely don't feel like making a big dinner right now. Today I finally brought half our decorations down from the attic, the ones for around the house not the ornaments for the tree. I don't go overboard but the house is now nicely decorated and ready for the family cookie day here on Dec 14th. My dh could care less if I decorate or not and he never has an opinion on should I hang this here or would it look better on the other wall. But the GK love to see the house kind of dressed up for the holidays. I do not decorate any of the bedrooms. Not enough stuff to stretch out that thin. So I took all the boxes back upstairs already. One job down!
    Have been working on a wuilt for my 2 yo grandson. Right now it is laid out on the floor of my sewing room but all needs to be picked up before the 14th as that will be where we cool and sort out the cookies. Three days in a row I went in there fully intending to start picking up, and fell into the oh I'll just make one more block mode...It's all fusible applique so there's random snips and Heat n Bond, patterns and paper and scraps of fabric all over the place, yeah your basic wreck. I will have to put my foot down on myself and declare no more blocks till after Christmas and stick to it!!!
    I have not done one bit of Christmas shopping yet this year. Oh dear. And nobody knows what they want and the grandkids have everything under the sun, don't even need clothes and are too young for gift cards (oldest is 8). Well I am not stressed out yet. I seem to manage to come up with something every year so I have faith this year will be the same. Well, I am off to the kitchen to heat up those leftovers and I think making a fresh cup of coffee sounds really good right now.

20. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post