Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Tuesday!!

This explains it all:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brain hamster.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	161517

Good morning everyone. I did absolutely nothing yesterday as I was away all day with my neighbour. She is having her surgery on Thursday and needed to get some much needed groceries. We also did a stop at the dollar store and I got some stuff there. The next two stops didn't cost me much, .35 at the grocery store, used points, order was $20.35, Walmart cost me .80 as I had a gift card from a year ago. I bought some iron-on sheets so I can make Maizyn a special t-shirt and a sweater for me. So it wasn't a very expensive day.

Today is different. Lots to get done today. Our Christmas supper is tonight so I need to get my gifts wrapped for my SS. And I want to make those bowl cozies as soon as I can.

So have an awesome day my friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks Sharyn J, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Tuesday!!

Good morning! It’s my last day in Atlanta with my Daughter and DH. It’s been a great time here. We’ ve gone to some events, shopped some interesting places, met with Cindy Tartal yesterday and shopped at Tandy leather for some bag making supplies, and sewed our brains out! I made 4 clutch/crossbody bags, a backpack, and two quilt tops. She finished a pieced giraffe quilt for a friend, all drafted by trial and error, and it turned out great. Plus we worked on doing some damage control/reconstruction on some bags that needed some reworking, I have gifted her my Singer S16 so she can finish her bags without angst, so I got to sew with Sammy Singer once again till I go home to his big brother Janome HD9 named Harley. Had to borrow another suitcase to get all my new treasures home! Back to normal ( I hope!) tomorrow after my afternoon flight home.

Name:	DB0EDC2C-5BFF-40C0-A58A-BDD58B252ABE.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	148.8 KB 
ID:	161518.
    Her giraffe quilt

Name:	E7DE97A8-7049-49E4-9651-5CC6043950F9.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	208.6 KB 
ID:	161519
    Some of my bags, quilt pictures won’t upload

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    Good morning! It’s my last day in Atlanta with my Daughter and DH. It’s been a great time here. We’ ve gone to some events, shopped some interesting places, met with Cindy Tartal yesterday and shopped at Tandy leather for some bag making supplies, and sewed our brains out! I made 4 clutch/crossbody bags, a backpack, and two quilt tops. She finished a pieced giraffe quilt for a friend, all drafted by trial and error, and it turned out great. Plus we worked on doing some damage control/reconstruction on some bags that needed some reworking, I have gifted her my Singer S16 so she can finish her bags without angst, so I got to sew with Sammy Singer once again till I go home to his big brother Janome HD9 named Harley. Had to borrow another suitcase to get all my new treasures home! Back to normal ( I hope!) tomorrow after my afternoon flight home.

Name:	DB0EDC2C-5BFF-40C0-A58A-BDD58B252ABE.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	148.8 KB 
ID:	161518.
    Her giraffe quilt

Name:	E7DE97A8-7049-49E4-9651-5CC6043950F9.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	208.6 KB 
ID:	161519
    Some of my bags, quilt pictures won’t upload
    Safe travels home Jean. You are so talented, love your bags.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

5. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Oh Monique, that pic of the mouse in the brain is too funny! Don't our minds work like that sometimes?! Especially as we get stressed over the holidays or whatever else is going on in our lives.

Wow, I was surprised at the warmer temp. this a.m. It's already 48 deg., which is warmer than the predicted high for today. Maybe we'll get some melting of this snow & ice. Yest. it was sunny & 52 deg.

Yest. afternoon I worked 2 hrs. on the latest quilt. I finished the FMQ on the main body, did a lot of pressing & easing the fabric out to the sides. Had to remove some basting stitching. That's why I baste the edges with a serpentine stitch to allow that fullness to ease out on the edges. I did SITD along one edge of the inner border with the straight ruler. My hands tire quickly holding the ruler in place & moving the entire quilt as I stitch. I'll try to get more done today.

I did a lot of internet browsing yest., still looking for just the right laptop. Haven't found it yet. I did place an order with Christian Book Dist. for a CD, books, greeting cards, & Christmas cards for next year. I took advantage of the Cyber Mon. sale. I also ordered more used books from Thrift Books. Why pay new prices when you can get good quality used books cheaper? I ordered 3 Kaffe Fassett books. And it's free shipping. So I guess those items will be my Christmas present to me. I've been re-reading books in my library; I was ready for something new to read.

Yest. we caught another mouse in the garage. That's 3 total now. We're just going to keep the traps set all the time.

Well, I need to get on with my day.

7. Thanks baslp, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,
    I'm grateful for another sunny day. It makes my cough feel better with the heat from the sun beating through the window. I'm sure it's light therapy that works.

Yesterday was a good productive day at VQC. Before the meeting, I made a new pressing mat for our presser. I used a Teflon fabric on one side and quilted cotton to heavy batting. our cutting member is still sick, so I put myself on cutting duty. It was busy cutting strips that 4 sewers were pumping out. I did screw up one strip. Some patterns were cut to 4", 6.5", 7.5" and 9". Well going from one to another I cut a 9" strip at 6.5". Big oops. Luckily there was enough fabric in 3 colours to sew another strip. The goofed ones will go into pile for scrappy quilt. Next Monday is our xmas lunch at a restaurant.

Today, I need to shop for clothes for mom, visit her and drop off clothes for labelling, drop off dry leaning, pick up Rx and go with DH to get hearing aid follow-up appt. My son will be coming to dinner, so I will make my slow ribs in the oven. I will try to finish decorating the xmas tree. I might make it to my sewing room.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable and stress-free day. Stay warm. Be safe.

Edit : DH found another mouse in his train room. Traps are set but the entry point could be anywhere. It's adjoining to the furnace room and storage electrical area.
    Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; December 3rd, 2019 at 10:29 AM.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

9. Thanks baslp, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Eeek, sorry about the mice, they want to find a warm place for the winter but you probably don't want to share.
    I finished my DS curtain panels yesterday, hooray! Now just need to fix a way to hang them. I bought what I needed yesterday but would like the garage to warm up a bit before doing any sawing and spray painting.
    We have been invited to a Christmas eve party so I need to whip up a few small presents, I have a couple of Christmas panels that will turn into pillows and the placemats I have sandwiched will get quilted and bound in plenty of time......
    Today I need a pedicure.

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Yesterday we were waiting for a snow storm that never happened. It moved further north. Today is sunny but windy. I have been busy with appts, and have not felt like sewing the last few blocks of this quilt.
    Last night I got out our small table top Xmas tree and decorated it. Since our kids are young adults and we have no GC, we do not go all out anymore. Our cat was ready to jump up and help.
    Today I have the afternoon to sew (if the puppy cooperates).

Have a good day.

Beth

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! Monique that does explain a lot specially for me. Except I think my mouse is going in the wrong direction.

Gina

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think I have more than one mouse wheel in my head!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

17. Thanks toggpine, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think someone opened the door and let my mouse out!

Good afternoon, everyone.

Home school was fine this morning. I cut out 2 math worksheets (shame on me, but I don't care), We didn't get to grammar or word study, lol, I don't care about that either. I hit the wall around 11 and I got out the water color painting kit I'd bought for Jonathan. He's pretty slick, did you get this so I'd work faster? I said, if it works... yes! He finished up the Galaxy Skies- trees. His trees are from FL. all palms.

He wants to do the butterfly next. We started watching the tutorial the last 15 minutes he was here. We'll practice blending before he starts on the paper. I think he's kind of excited about it.

I was hoping to get some running around done today, ain't gonna happen. I'm already pooped. Maybe later, I'll feel like doing something.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post