Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Happy Monday!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Monday!!

I am happy because it didn't snow yesterday. I heard that it was pretty bad in the Toronto area and in the Kingston area. BIG accident there involving 30 vehicles.

Well we had quite the day yesterday. I did get to Walmart to buy another big bag of rice to make more rice bags and I picked up a few more Christmas gifts. We made a stop at the antique store and I managed to come away with a gift for hubby, he is collecting Moorcroft. I made an offer on a couple of pieces and my offer was accepted. I put them in my pocket as I was headed to the cash, lol and assured the gal that my pockets were empty when I left. So I just need to buy a couple of stocking stuffers and then I am done with him.

I had a chat with my brother last night. I have an order for 4 bowl cozies. We are meeting up Saturday for a big Christmas Market in Cobden. Should be a good time. I told him we would scout the vendors and then come back home and make our own, lol!!

I have a busy week ahead. Not sure about today, my neighbour had mentioned that she would be headed to Renfrew for groceries and asked me to tag along. Why not!! I still have a gift card that I would like to buy myself something with. Tomorrow night is our last Lionette meeting of the year. We find out who our Secret Sister is and choose a new one for next year if we wish. So I need or organize that gift. Wednesday night is our Annual Christmas Cheer dinner that we (The Lionettes) host for Seniors. I will be making a pistachio desert for that. Thursday is hubby's coffee club Christmas party, so I have offered to make a nacho dip for that. Somewhere in there I will get more sewing done.

So that is what my day/week is looking like.

Wishing you all a wonderful day and week ahead.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Monday!!

Morning all,
    Monique you have been quite busy and productive. I have the hardest time purchasing gifts for my husband. After being married for 52 years I 've exhausted the gift list, and if he wants something he usually buys it and doesn' t wait for a birthday or Christmas to be gifted with it.

I am up super early again. I was taking the turkey out of the oven Thanksgiving and pulled my back out, and on top of a respiratory infection with a lot of coughing it quite painful. Every time I cough it jars my back. I did get a few hours of sleep last night so I must be making progress just not as quickly as I want.

I was hoping to get the small tree up today but I don't think that it will happen just yet. We are not putting the big tree up this year as furniture has to be re-arranged in the living room for that.

Well, going to read the forum posts for a bit, and maybe a nap in the recliner for a bit. It's still dark out so can't tell what the weather is, I suspect we might get some more rain.

Wishing all a good day.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Whatever Jim has, he's shared. I woke up around 1 couldn't stop coughing. I took some NyQuil and went back to bed. This morning I feel like yuck! Oh well, I'll steam my head and take something. I'm cancelling family dinner. I don't feel like messing with it. I may just send Mike to BONO's to pick up some of their soup (that they call stew).

The kid's room is finished. My room is just about done. A couple of things to hang and cleaning off my desk top and it will be done. I got the file cabinet in the corner. Mike's stereo and the planter table can go out. Stereo to the shed, planter table to the donate pile.

Maybe if my head clears out, I'll feel like making some napkins, we'll see how the day goes.

Cathy, I hope you feel better.

Monique, you're amazing in all that you do!

Have a great one, even if it's Monday!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning,

Jeff is heading back to work today after having four days off. All of our Thanksgiving leftovers are gone so today I start cooking again.

Our weather has turned pretty cold, with snow in the forecast some day this week. I need to check the weather before I make plans for the week....not that the forecasts are very accurate.

I have shut down my sewing room until 2020. I do this every year to clean it up and make goals for the coming year. I'm not sure how much I will be able to sew next year but I want to give it a good try. There are a few UFOs calling my name....at least four of them.

The Girls are fine. They all had a grand Thanksgiving. Maggs and Sugar said they are fine eating people food and not to bother cooking special food for them any longer.

Today is Cyber Monday and I'm not contributing to the success of it one bit.

KAT, feel better soon.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

8. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Monique, you're up early this a.m. Glad you had a good shopping day. I do very little Christmas shopping these days. DH & I haven't exchanged gifts for years. Just exchange cards. He usually finds a card among my stash, since he no longer drives & can't get out & about to shop. Our family lives in other states, so we just send money for the grand kids. Their parents know better what to get them than we do. My big Christmas gifting will be the annual Christmas letter that I send out with cards. The expense of printing the letter, buying cards, & the cost of postage are my main Christmas expense.

Yest. was church. The sanctuary & foyer/commons areas were decorated beautifully. I counted 8 lighted Christmas trees of varying sizes on the platform, & 3 little one not lighted. There were 4 trees in the foyer. Lots of greenery & lovely decorations. The first Sun. of Advent & singing of Christmas carols, lighting the first candle on the Advent wreath, etc. 'Tis the season.

The main streets were in better shape yest., but the side streets still are a rutty, bumpy mess of frozen snow & ice. It's supposed to get up into the mid-40's today, so maybe we'll get some melting.

In the afternoon, I put in almost an hour of FMQ. I have the main body almost done. There are 2 borders to do. I want to finish this in time for show & tell at guild next week. I told DS#2 I would have it done by Christmas. The fabrics match the bigger quilt I gifted him when I first started quilting.

Well, it's Cyber Mon. I plan to do more browsing for a lap top. I also want to place an order with Christian Book Dist. for some books & boxed greeting cards.

Katrina ~ Hope you feel better soon.

10. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone,

The house is so quiet this morning. I took my grand daughter home last night. I sure do miss her. She was so much help to me this past week carrying decorations up and down the stairs. We did get the tree up and now I need to clean the house .

I cut out a few strips for the Frantic quilt last night. Have any of you ever had cotton fabric that seems to want to crawl as your cutting it ? I did press it and used a little Best Press on it. Its Moda and I have never had this problem before.

I have an early afternoon doctor's appointment and I may shop a little afterwards. Monique, I have the hardest time finding gifts for men. I am struggling this year with ideas for my son. I need more coffee, have a wonderful day all.

12. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,
    Again I am so thankful that the awful ice storm and snow missed our region. I saw the pile ups on the news which were deadly. I don't mind seeing the grass and streets bare. Forecasts show temps will be hovering slightly above and below zero for next few weeks, with an inch of snow smattered over next week.

Yesterday I decorated the house for xmas. I got out the 6' ladder as we also swap out pictures and paintings with winter scenes. I always put up some of DH's mom beautiful stitchery. These are stored over the closet in open cathedral library. I also put up bows and baubles on the 3 chandeliers in dining and open living area. Whew. Done, and I didn't trip off the ladder. The reindeers are set up, and the tree was up. Everything is vaccumed, as the garland sheds more every year. When I plugged in ithe tree, the top half didn't light. Then I replugged, now top 3rd didn't. After dinner, I tried again and voila, a lit tree. Now to decorate - mostly glass icicles and a few clear glass ornaments. Now to focus on other things.

Today is Victoria quilt meeting. I won't bring my sewing machine, but instead bring iron, cutting mat & rulers to cut & press blocks as the sewers finish strips. I need to pick up some socks and nightgowns for mom. Her socks never seem to come back from laundry. With over 250 residents, I would think the sock sorter has their job cut out. I need to get started on small xmas gifts for GKs. We usually give them money and a small gift to open. We are cutting back on toys as they are overwhelmed with all they have. Their parents are also getting the kids to chose gifts to give for Toy Mountain.

This week, DH goes back for adjustments to hearing aid and I have a massage. My son dropped by to pick up moving dollies. He has a friend moving in his house. He rents him 2 bedrooms. Another friend lived there 1 1/2 yrs after his divorce, until he could get back on his feet. This friend is also divorced and having a difficult time. He has a soft spot for friends in difficulty. It also helps him financially. I think this is why my son is averse to getting married and having kids. At 37, he may not find the girl of his dreams, and if he does she probably has kids in tow.

Cathy, Katrina - I hope that you feel better soon. That cough is really nasty. Mine is still hanging around but much less if I don't forget to take my pumps before bedtime.

Load of laundry needs to go in dryer. Have an enjoyable day. Stay warm. Be safe on the roads, as there really is some nasty weather going on.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

14. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! We have a beautiful sunny day for the 2nd day of December. The wind makes it a little brisk but could not ask for better considering the time of year. I was out the door early this morning to get the rest of the college basketball tickets for the season. With as large of crowds as they are having, I like to sit where my reserved seat is. Almost every one of the reserved seating areas is sold out. With winning basketball teams, it is easy to see why. Then dh took me out for breakfast at the local truck stop. They serve up a hearty breakfast so I doubt that I eat lunch. There is homemade soup for the children for lunch.

Last night I worked on sewing and cutting half square triangles for a quilt. I have three blocks put together. I won't be able to get all the blocks done until my MSQC order arrives this week with the rest of the fabric. I figure that I have today to get done what I can as I am taking my main machine in tomorrow and hopefully, picking up my travel machine.

As I was typing, the mailman showed up with the box from my Secret Santa and my MSQC order. Plus a couple of boxes of items that I had ordered for Christmas gifts. It took me a minute to figure out who was in the driveway because the post office is so busy that many of the package delivery carriers are using their own vehicles.

Have a wonderful day everyone

16. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post