Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Goofy computer problem

I looked for finding a fix for this and get more confused. Maybe someone had this.

When writing in notebook (drafting a letter) I hit enter and it skips like 6-8 lines. The cursor is really long and it looks like about that many. The articles just talk about this in Word, which I don't use. My cursor always jumps around too. I can write a whole long thing and it had bunny-hopped without me seeing it. Dang bunny. lol

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Goofy computer problem

Sometimes when I'm replying to an email, the page jumps around! I can't see what I'm typing! And it's not from the little pad on my keyboard being too sensitive - DH disabled it for me.
    Vonnie

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

If the cursor is really long, is it because the font size has changed?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSN View Post
    If the cursor is really long, is it because the font size has changed?
    Not that.. Thanks for guessing though!

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I googled your problem something like "mouse jumping around and deleting text on laptop" and this looks like a really common problem. The fix seems to be either updating the driver or disabling some setting that controls the built in mousepad. I don't have a laptop so some of the suggestions were in geek speak and I couldnt quite follow. I think you should look for a community or user forum for the brand of laptop you have. If you have a system restore feature maybe set it up to save your current settings so you can go back to "before" if it is messed up after. Good luck!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjkaiser View Post
    I googled your problem something like "mouse jumping around and deleting text on laptop" and this looks like a really common problem. The fix seems to be either updating the driver or disabling some setting that controls the built in mousepad. I don't have a laptop so some of the suggestions were in geek speak and I couldnt quite follow. I think you should look for a community or user forum for the brand of laptop you have. If you have a system restore feature maybe set it up to save your current settings so you can go back to "before" if it is messed up after. Good luck!
    I really wanted to avoid a restore because it takes so long. It will dent my Cyber shopping time.lol But that did the trick! I'm wondering if it was one of those annoying Windows updates was the culprit? Anyway, thanks for the suggestion!

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

One other element which might be causing your issues. Check your mouse. I'm assuming it is optical, but even if it isn't, if the bottom has caught some dust (or maybe cookie crumbs, tee hee), they could be the culprit. https://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Gunk-O...Computer-Mouse Also, clean your mousepad https://www.wepc.com/how-to/clean-mousepad/
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown