Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sad Commentary

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Sad Commentary

I guess no one here on the forum liked Kaye Wood. Not one single word of sympathy or kindness has been mentioned, at least as far I could find.

She passed away last July, I do not understand this lack of empathy, I read all about poor little pookey dying, and all the outpouring of sympathy for a pet! That's a sad commentary of this forum. I enjoyed her videos, have many of her patterns. Her co. was bought and is still under the name Kayewood.com
    When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sad Commentary

I don't think its lack of kindness, or that no one noticed. I mentioned it in one of my threads and there were some comments. It could be that many of the new quilters were not familiar with her.

I wasn't quilting when Kaye had her shows and came out with her rulers, but when I started sewing I bought a box of her templates and a few pattern books as her star patterns really intrigued me. I did watch many of her You Tube videos afterwards. I do plan to make and its on my wish list to make.

She has joined many other role models in sewing and quilting.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It was a great loss to the quilting world. The odd thing is, I would have sworn that she had died several years ago and when I heard it being discussed on a video, I assumed it was an old video. But, you are right, I googled it and it was just this past July. She was a really neat lady, even if she was a near dead ringer for my MIL!
    Donna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I generally don't display an outpouring of empathy for a person who has passed away when I'm unaware they have passed away.

Personally I don't understand why a person who was aware of her death would use that knowledge as a way to attempt to shame a whole forum of people in such a sarcastic way who have tried to comfort members here who have lost their beloved pets.

It's such a sad commentary on you and how you view your world and those around you.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
    I generally don't display an outpouring of empathy for a person who has passed away when I'm unaware they have passed away.

Personally I don't understand why a person who was aware of her death would use that knowledge as a way to attempt to shame a whole forum of people in such a sarcastic way who have tried to comfort members here who have lost their beloved pets.

It's such a sad commentary on you and how you view your world and those around you.
    Thank you Carlie. I tried to post but my internet went down just long enough to kick out my post. When I got back, you just posted. You said this much better than I tried. I was not as kind.
    Theda

There is no Quilter's Anonymous because no one wants to quit.

"Smurf Machine" - 1981 Necchi, "Anna Sophia" - Brother SE400, "Ellie Bleu" - Juki 2010,
    "Carlie Rae" - Babylock Crescendo

6. Thanks MSN, sydneybean, Carlie Wolf thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Now who's being sarcastic?

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually it is a pretty sad commentary that you have the audacity to come on this forum, and judge the members for not behaving in the manner, you apparently expect them too. Is that really the most important thing you had to do today? As far as giving sympathy to "Pookie" or any other members pet....that really isn't any of your business either. Many of the members pets, are a part of their family, and love them very much. Maybe, just maybe, if we don't express ourselves to suit you, this may not be the place for you.
    This forum is full of some of the most generous and loving people you could ever know, but apparently that just isn't good enough for you. Your entire attitude about this is what is a 'sad commentary'.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

9. Thanks MSN, sydneybean, DeniseSm, Carlie Wolf thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ktdid View Post
    Now who's being sarcastic?
    Definition of sarcasm. 1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain. 2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual. b : the use or language of sarcasm. See sarcasm defined for English-language learners.

Truth definition: The truth about something is all the facts about it, rather than things that are imagined...

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

11. Thanks MSN, auntstuff, sydneybean thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

To ktdid: Bless your heart.

To all other forum readers: I choose not to allow negativity into my life. If you also wish to exclude negativity you can left click on a consistently negative persons "View Profile" and then select the "Add to Ignore List"

All future postings from this person will be blanked out for you.

Its really not that hard to be nice to each other instead of negative.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

13. Thanks pcbatiks, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

I was not aware of who Kaye was...and didn't know she had affected the quilting world so much with her talents. I've been actively quilting for over 5 years now. Does that say why many of us didn't post our condolences.? I'd like to think so. Most everyone I've met here is very supportive and kind. And I call them all my Friends....

15. Thanks MSN, Caroline T. thanked for this post