• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ktdid
    The Guild President
    • Dec 2018

Sad Commentary

I guess no one here on the forum liked Kaye Wood. Not one single word of sympathy or kindness has been mentioned, at least as far I could find.

She passed away last July, I do not understand this lack of empathy, I read all about poor little pookey dying, and all the outpouring of sympathy for a pet! That's a sad commentary of this forum. I enjoyed her videos, have many of her patterns. Her co. was bought and is still under the name Kayewood.com
    Kate (Oklahoma)
    There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this
  • SuzanneOrleansOntario
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2015

Re: Sad Commentary

I don't think its lack of kindness, or that no one noticed. I mentioned it in one of my threads and there were some comments. It could be that many of the new quilters were not familiar with her.

I wasn't quilting when Kaye had her shows and came out with her rulers, but when I started sewing I bought a box of her templates and a few pattern books as her star patterns really intrigued me. I did watch many of her You Tube videos afterwards. I do plan to make and its on my wish list to make.

She has joined many other role models in sewing and quilting.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• dwil23
      Missouri Star
      • May 2012

It was a great loss to the quilting world. The odd thing is, I would have sworn that she had died several years ago and when I heard it being discussed on a video, I assumed it was an old video. But, you are right, I googled it and it was just this past July. She was a really neat lady, even if she was a near dead ringer for my MIL!
      Donna

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
        Missouri Star
        • Oct 2013

I generally don't display an outpouring of empathy for a person who has passed away when I'm unaware they have passed away.

Personally I don't understand why a person who was aware of her death would use that knowledge as a way to attempt to shame a whole forum of people in such a sarcastic way who have tried to comfort members here who have lost their beloved pets.

It's such a sad commentary on you and how you view your world and those around you.
        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

• ncgrammie
          The Guild President
          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
          I generally don't display an outpouring of empathy for a person who has passed away when I'm unaware they have passed away.

Personally I don't understand why a person who was aware of her death would use that knowledge as a way to attempt to shame a whole forum of people in such a sarcastic way who have tried to comfort members here who have lost their beloved pets.

It's such a sad commentary on you and how you view your world and those around you.
          Thank you Carlie. I tried to post but my internet went down just long enough to kick out my post. When I got back, you just posted. You said this much better than I tried. I was not as kind.
          Theda :icon_wave:

There is no Quilter's Anonymous because no one wants to quit

Comment

• ktdid
            The Guild President
            • Dec 2018

Now who's being sarcastic?
            Kate (Oklahoma)
            There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

• auntiemern
              Missouri Star
              • Mar 2012

Actually it is a pretty sad commentary that you have the audacity to come on this forum, and judge the members for not behaving in the manner, you apparently expect them too. Is that really the most important thing you had to do today? As far as giving sympathy to "Pookie" or any other members pet....that really isn't any of your business either. Many of the members pets, are a part of their family, and love them very much. Maybe, just maybe, if we don't express ourselves to suit you, this may not be the place for you.
              This forum is full of some of the most generous and loving people you could ever know, but apparently that just isn't good enough for you. Your entire attitude about this is what is a 'sad commentary'.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
                Missouri Star
                • Oct 2013

Originally posted by ktdid View Post
                Now who's being sarcastic?
                Definition of sarcasm. 1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain. 2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual. b : the use or language of sarcasm. See sarcasm defined for English-language learners.

Truth definition: The truth about something is all the facts about it, rather than things that are imagined...
                https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

• DeniseSm
                  Missouri Star
                  • Nov 2013

To ktdid: Bless your heart.

To all other forum readers: I choose not to allow negativity into my life. If you also wish to exclude negativity you can left click on a consistently negative persons "View Profile" and then select the "Add to Ignore List"

All future postings from this person will be blanked out for you.

Its really not that hard to be nice to each other instead of negative.
                  Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• Granny Judy
                    Missouri Star
                    • Apr 2011

I was not aware of who Kaye was...and didn't know she had affected the quilting world so much with her talents. I've been actively quilting for over 5 years now. Does that say why many of us didn't post our condolences.? I'd like to think so. Most everyone I've met here is very supportive and kind. And I call them all my Friends....
                    Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                    :icon_wave:

Comment

• oldmanquilts
                      Designer Diva
                      • May 2018

She passed away in July, and you wait until Dec 1 to flog the forum members? Maybe you just heard about it, or didn't know who Kaye Wood was just like many here. It's a valid excuse. You can use it. For the rest of us... we don't need an excuse to not publicly express our feelings. Merry Christmas
                      You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

• auntstuff
                        Missouri Star
                        • Nov 2017

Originally posted by ktdid View Post
                        I guess no one here on the forum liked Kaye Wood. Not one single word of sympathy or kindness has been mentioned, at least as far I could find.

She passed away last July, I do not understand this lack of empathy, I read all about poor little pookey dying, and all the outpouring of sympathy for a pet! That's a sad commentary of this forum. I enjoyed her videos, have many of her patterns. Her co. was bought and is still under the name Kayewood.com
                        Actually, not being a follower of much of anything....never heard of her.
                        She who dies with the most quilts is......
                        Still dead.
                        What's your hurry?

Comment

• KarenC
                          Missouri Star
                          • Apr 2015

Not familiar with Kaye Wood or many other famous legends in the quilting world. Quilting today is so diverse that there is not enough time to follow everyone. For example, I am a huge fan of Linda V Taylor. Have learned a lot from her, but if you are not into long arming, chances are you are not familiar with her. Let's all remember to ignore the negativity and create positivity in our lives.
                          Karen
                          Spring, TX

Comment

• auntstuff
                            Missouri Star
                            • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Granny Judy View Post
                            I was not aware of who Kaye was...and didn't know she had affected the quilting world so much with her talents. I've been actively quilting for over 5 years now. Does that say why many of us didn't post our condolences.? I'd like to think so. Most everyone I've met here is very supportive and kind. And I call them all my Friends....
                            I've got 40 years of quilting on you, and STILL don't know....but I'm not much for "following", preferring to blaze my own path.
                            She who dies with the most quilts is......
                            Still dead.
                            What's your hurry?

Comment

• nativetexan
                              Banned
                              Missouri Star
                              • Feb 2018

OH no, I liked her. I used to watch her all the time. All good quilts shows have been taken off television and i'm not into Facebook, etc. So without seeing a video once in awhile, i miss out on things. Yes, i miss her.She was a good quilter and seriously will be missed. by most of us!
                              North Woods Knit & Purl Yarn Shop and KayeWood.com Quilting and Sewing Shop, Best in Northern Michigan

Kaye Wood Simplifying the quilting process is Kaye Wood's specialty. She shares her passion for quilting through her television show, Kaye's Quilting Friends, her line of tools and her lectures and classes around the world.

OK Ladies, let's be ladies. quilters are better than this. The post was only mean that she was missed and a big part of many quilters world.
                              they had a commercial on today with OK Boomer. I have no idea what that means, still don't. then someone mentioned the 80s's with Talk To The Hand. oh boy, i consider that rude. luckily no one ever did that to me. young people come up with these things every generation. at least Quilting is still going strong in this generation. may it always do so.

Last edited by nativetexan; December 1, 2019, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X