Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sad Commentary

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sad Commentary

I think the mod should close this post now.

2. Thanks pcbatiks, quiltingaway, KPH, Babs quilts thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ktdid, I'm so sorry for your loss. I never heard of Kaye Wood, so her passing away was a surprise to me. I know though that losing someone you respect and care about is painful so I hope you find comfort in her memory.

4. Thanks am2901 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ktdid View Post
    Dear Forum responders, I'm sorry your not as gracious as Suzanne, dwil23, nativetexan, & GrannyJudy. For those who didn't know who she was, you could have at least been sorry someone passed away. Someone once aske me a question in a grocery store about where the paper towels were, adding he was shopping now because his wife had passed away, he was a total stranger but I offered my sympathy and any help he might need. And Carlie, you've had a hate on me since day one, I forgive you. Your the reason I won't post pictures of my quilts, I don't need to know how awful and ugly you think they probably are. Because that's how you think of me anyway. Kathryn
    I guess most people thought you slapped them in the face first and asked a question after. Calling people out isn't helping any either.

Lorie

6. Thanks MSN, KPH, auntstuff thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

We do not need to add to this. Biting online does no good. saying things to one's face does. try that. please.
    Happy Holidays to all.

8. Thanks quiltingaway thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't hate you ktdid, not even from the first. I'd love to see and hear positive things from you. I don't think I've ever seen a negative post regarding peoples quilts or methods here ever. Not from myself or anyone else. I think it would be very nice if you posted about and showed your creativity here. That's what this forum is all about. :-)

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

10. Thanks MSN thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ktdid View Post
    I guess no one here on the forum liked Kaye Wood. Not one single word of sympathy or kindness has been mentioned, at least as far I could find.

She passed away last July, I do not understand this lack of empathy, I read all about poor little pookey dying, and all the outpouring of sympathy for a pet! That's a sad commentary of this forum. I enjoyed her videos, have many of her patterns. Her co. was bought and is still under the name Kayewood.com

I think you are being trolled. I looked back at ktdid's posts. After joining the Forum on Dec. 15, 2018, there have been 97 posts. ktdid offered sympathies to no one. Unless I'm reading these older posts incorrectly, no one offered welcoming comments to her introductory post either. I really don't know what to think, except trolling.

Per Wiki: In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.
    Last edited by Grey Lady; December 1st, 2019 at 07:38 PM.
    Diana Grey

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

2 words..."NO JUDGING"
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"