Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sad Commentary

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sad Commentary

She passed away in July, and you wait until Dec 1 to flog the forum members? Maybe you just heard about it, or didn't know who Kaye Wood was just like many here. It's a valid excuse. You can use it. For the rest of us... we don't need an excuse to not publicly express our feelings. Merry Christmas
    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

2. Thanks MSN, Carlie Wolf, auntstuff thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ktdid View Post
    I guess no one here on the forum liked Kaye Wood. Not one single word of sympathy or kindness has been mentioned, at least as far I could find.

She passed away last July, I do not understand this lack of empathy, I read all about poor little pookey dying, and all the outpouring of sympathy for a pet! That's a sad commentary of this forum. I enjoyed her videos, have many of her patterns. Her co. was bought and is still under the name Kayewood.com
    Actually, not being a follower of much of anything....never heard of her.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Not familiar with Kaye Wood or many other famous legends in the quilting world. Quilting today is so diverse that there is not enough time to follow everyone. For example, I am a huge fan of Linda V Taylor. Have learned a lot from her, but if you are not into long arming, chances are you are not familiar with her. Let's all remember to ignore the negativity and create positivity in our lives.

5. Thanks quiltingaway thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Judy View Post
    I was not aware of who Kaye was...and didn't know she had affected the quilting world so much with her talents. I've been actively quilting for over 5 years now. Does that say why many of us didn't post our condolences.? I'd like to think so. Most everyone I've met here is very supportive and kind. And I call them all my Friends....
    I've got 40 years of quilting on you, and STILL don't know....but I'm not much for "following", preferring to blaze my own path.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

OH no, I liked her. I used to watch her all the time. All good quilts shows have been taken off television and i'm not into Facebook, etc. So without seeing a video once in awhile, i miss out on things. Yes, i miss her.She was a good quilter and seriously will be missed. by most of us!
    https://www.kayewood.com/
    https://www.quiltingcompany.com/kaye...es-quiltmaker/
    OK Ladies, let's be ladies. quilters are better than this. The post was only mean that she was missed and a big part of many quilters world.
    they had a commercial on today with OK Boomer. I have no idea what that means, still don't. then someone mentioned the 80s's with Talk To The Hand. oh boy, i consider that rude. luckily no one ever did that to me. young people come up with these things every generation. at least Quilting is still going strong in this generation. may it always do so.

https://www.ogemawherald.com/stories/kaye-wood,108823
    Last edited by nativetexan; December 1st, 2019 at 02:38 PM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
    I generally don't display an outpouring of empathy for a person who has passed away when I'm unaware they have passed away.

Personally I don't understand why a person who was aware of her death would use that knowledge as a way to attempt to shame a whole forum of people in such a sarcastic way who have tried to comfort members here who have lost their beloved pets.

It's such a sad commentary on you and how you view your world and those around you.
    That's about what I would of said, just adding I didn't know who it was either.

I'm just wondering why the need to wake up and get mad at a bunch of people you don't know.

Lorie

9. Thanks MSN thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ktdid, if you had started your post by letting all know who Kaye Wood was and telling of her passing, I'm sure there would've been sympathy expressed by forum members. However, it appears you chose instead to wait 5 months after the fact and lash out. I hope you see now that you incorrectly judged people who had never even heard of Kaye Wood.

This forum is a group of good, caring people who post what they choose to share or want/need to discuss. I knew when Kaye Wood died, but I chose not to post it in the forum (I guess that puts me in the bad category). This group may not meet your expectations...if not, you have choices too. I hope the rest of your day goes well.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

11. Thanks MSN thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit I never heard of her. Everyone has different likes of what they like. One cannot watch every single quilting/sewing video out there. But I do need to say when I lost my Jim last year the out pour of support I received from this form was overwhelming and warmed my heart that all these strangers could be so supportive. I will not forget.

13. Thanks MSN thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I guess I'm showing my ignorance, but I'd never heard of her. I am sorry for any family that loses a loved one. It's a hard thing to cope with, but it seems a little unrealistic to expect everyone here to know every quilty person out in the 'real' world.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

15. Thanks MSN thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Forum responders, I'm sorry your not as gracious as Suzanne, dwil23, nativetexan, & GrannyJudy. For those who didn't know who she was, you could have at least been sorry someone passed away. Someone once aske me a question in a grocery store about where the paper towels were, adding he was shopping now because his wife had passed away, he was a total stranger but I offered my sympathy and any help he might need. And Carlie, you've had a hate on me since day one, I forgive you. Your the reason I won't post pictures of my quilts, I don't need to know how awful and ugly you think they probably are. Because that's how you think of me anyway. Kathryn
    Last edited by ktdid; December 1st, 2019 at 05:39 PM.
    When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
    Eleanor Roosevelt