Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good Sunday Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Judy View Post
    My oldest, DD#1 is here from Florida this week and we are having fun catching up with each others daily life.. She's my 4th generation Nurse.. My Gram was a mid wife, My Mom an LPN, I retired as a RN, Assoc degree. And DD#1 is an RN, ASN and still going to school. Continuing education is a must these days to keep up with all the new technology in Medicine.
    Indeed, lifelong learning is now a must. I had a bachelor's degree pre-licensure. About 10 years ago, at age 52, I went back to school and earned a master's degree in nursing. My stepdaughter is now in a doctoral program, studying to become a nurse anesthetist. She will actually earn three degrees as part of this program, from three different institutions -- a master of science in biology, a doctorate of nursing practice, and a certificate of anesthesia.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good Sunday Morning

Quote Originally Posted by BethB View Post
    I am starting to get things ready for my big move!!! Settlement on the house is one week from tomorrow --- Dec. 9. My appliances are to be delivered that day also but I don't know what time yet. Dec. 10, I will be meeting the movers at the storage unit so they can load up my "stuff" and then take it over to the house. Comcast is supposed to be at the house that same day sometime between 12 and 2 to install internet and TV. All the utilities are set to turn over to my name on the 9th. I have gas heat, which everyone tells me is really good. We shall see. I also opted for a gas stove. Tried cooking on a gas stove at my son's a couple of years ago and that click, click, click that I heard when I turned on the burner scared me and I turned it off. My daughter-in-law told me it was normal because there is no pilot light any more. I am a little nervous about that, also. My husband always wanted gas heat and stove so I think that is why I opted for the gas stove. Again . . . we shall see.

Nancy
    Nancy, you will learn to love the gas stove once you adjust to it. Unlike an electric cooktop, it heats up quickly and stops generating heat as soon as you turn the burner off. I find it way easier, and don't burn things like I always did on an electric stove.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post