Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday Morning Hellos! :)

Hello, Everyone ~ I only have a minute to say Hi & get us going for this Saturday. I suppose the stores still are crazy. Our LQS is having a sale today, but this is a medical procedure day for DH, & he wants me to stay home with him. Plus the city streets still are a mess from our recent big snow storm. Since I already ordered the 1/2 yd. bundles from Jordan Fabrics, I probably will stay home. (BTW, those still are available today if anyone is looking to build their stash.)

Yest. a.m. DH set out 8 new wood mouse traps with bits of cheese (they lick off peanut butter & don't always trip the wire). We already have caught 2! We're going to continue the battle till we get them all.

I put in ~40 min. of FMQ yest. afternoon. That's about my limit until my hands/wrists begin to bother me & I have to give them a rest.

Well, DH is waiting for his breakfast. On with my day.

2. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Saturday Morning Hellos! :)

Good Morning Joy and those who follow,

Mike got the three book cases in the home school/ play room finished yesterday. Some of my Dad's albums are on the top of one cabinet. We went back to IKEA for one more cabinet (smaller) for all of my Montessori Albums. I hope they'll all fit in it. That's going into my sewing room. Unfortunately, he hit the wall frustration wall last night and put the bottom brace on the top, so the bottom can't be put in. He'll drill two holes this afternoon and I'll be able to finish in there.

Several things the kids haven't played with in a while are not going back in to their room. Books are finding homes on the shelves. I just have organizing to do in there. Then I'll be able to finish up in my sewing room. I was sweating bullets that the Block magazines would fit in the upper cabinets. They did! They look so pretty up there on the white shelf.

Hopefully, I'll be able to start sewing again sometime next week and both rooms will finally be done! I have the half yard packs to make those 'fancy' napkins.

Well have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning,

It's been a busy few days but so much fun. We have one more Thanksgiving celebration this afternoon then I will be ready to focus on Christmas. The only time I've spent in my sewing room was late Wednesday night. I was designated driver for my boys so I trimmed and cut binding for three quilts while waiting for my call to pickup. I was happy to stay up late by myself with some quiet time.

After spending too much time on the computer this morning I'm ready to start my day. Here is a picture of Terry and I with our grandchildren. Brynn is 2, Carter 5 and Max 1. We will be getting another baby late June as Max is going to be a big brother!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1521.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	161.8 KB 
ID:	161482
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,

It's a beautiful sunny but below freezing day. No snow on the ground, very thankful for this. Winter will be long enough once it starts snowing.

Yesterday was busy. DH wanted to go to the Christmas train store near his old workplace. He hadn't been in awhile, and can't resist. It's always good to catch up with the owner who opened store 40 years ago. DH has 'S' scale American flyer, and picked up 3 new cars and crane. The owner tempted him with the Polar Express kit in 'S' scale. He gave in - I agreed. We can set this one up during the holidays maybe under the tree. It will also work on his tracks in train room, where GKs have no access.

Then we went to LQS that has best prices on all Kona fabrics. It was 15% off, so $8.50 CDN. I also picked up some beautiful backing for $14CDN (all fabrics were 30% off), and some colour catchers (20% off). DH choose a green Kona FQ bundle and FQ landscape fabrics . They were really busy cutting fabric for orders and for a small store, they do good online business in Canada and US.
    I am almost finished sewing binding, one side left to sew. I also sandwiched a VQC quilt to FMQ.

Today, I need to prep the 3 bags of apples DH bought for Apple crumble/pie, but first I need to pick up lemon juice. We're out of our favorite teas. I might go see mom, or not, as I'm still not better. I would love to hibernate snd sew, but it's time to decorate for the holidays. It's usually done a week earlier. The day is wide open with lots to do.

Have an enjoyable day. Be careful if you are on the roads, in areas where storms have passed.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

7. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mom23 View Post
    Good Morning,

It's been a busy few days but so much fun. We have one more Thanksgiving celebration this afternoon then I will be ready to focus on Christmas. The only time I've spent in my sewing room was late Wednesday night. I was designated driver for my boys so I trimmed and cut binding for three quilts while waiting for my call to pickup. I was happy to stay up late by myself with some quiet time.

After spending too much time on the computer this morning I'm ready to start my day. Here is a picture of Terry and I with our grandchildren. Brynn is 2, Carter 5 and Max 1. We will be getting another baby late June as Max is going to be a big brother!

Robin, your grandkids are adorable. This will be fun around xmastime in a few years. Lovely picture.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

9. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning!

Robin, what a great picture.

We had one Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving Day and the other one was yesterday. The Thanksgiving Day one was at the in-laws and later in the afternoon, we always put up her tree, the children put on their ornaments (each year she gets each one of the grandchildren an ornament for the tree. Then when they get married, she gives them their ornaments at their first married Christmas) and the traditional picture of the children in front of the tree was taken. Dh and I did end up at Walmart about 8:20pm, we needed to pick up A&D ointment for little one - by that time, the store was not really crowded usually more than that amount of people on a Saturday morning. The employees were already putting the store back in order and removing the Black Friday empty display cases. I did find just a couple of specials that I picked up. One was the Wilton 24 cupcake baking pan and cookie sheet since we make so many cupcakes, a couple of pjs for little one and a puzzle. But there just wasn't anything grand that I could see we needed.

As we went to the Thanksgiving yesterday, I stopped at MSQC and picked up the the daily deal (Quilt As You Go 2 1/2" Hexagon Template Designed by Daisy & Grace for Missouri Star Quilt Company). I really quickly went over to the clearance fabric and found one piece of fabric that would work perfect for the backing to a quilt. There really wasn't time to look around as we needed to stop at Jamesport to pick up new potato peelers. I had not realized that there was a festival in Jamesport yesterday so it took longer to get through the town and the Amish store than I had planned. My folks had invited my Aunt who I had not gotten to see in a while so it was great to visit with her. And we came home with plenty of leftover so I don't have to worry about fixing lunch today.

I am hoping to sew a little bit today. There are some blocks that I would like to get done before I take my main machine in for a good cleaning and servicing.

Have a great weekend everyone

11. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon!

I just received an email from M* that my sister's quilt is ready to ship! I sent it in October, and did not expect it so soon with the Christmas rush. I can't wait to see what color thread they chose. I will have plenty of time to bind it before Christmas. That will be a nice surprise for my sister. I told her we might not get it until January.

The guys came to clean my gutters today. I wasn't expecting them until next week. One less thing to worry about before the snow flies. I still need to contact my yard guy and sign up for snow removal service.

It's back to work on Monday. One of my co-workers will be out on FMLA and I am helping with her workload. I think they divided it between four or five of us, so no one person gets overwhelmed. Wishing her a successful procedure and speedy recovery.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

13. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Mom 23, You have beautiful grandchildren! Aren't grandbabies the best thing on earth!

Kaylee, my granddaughter has been with me her entire Thanksgiving break. We went shopping for three days last weekend in Foley. We did a lot of giggling and eating sea food. She is only 12 but she so loves to shop for clothes. ( wish she felt that way about fabric) I am still wore out. She has been the biggest help to me getting Christmas decoration out and carrying heavy things, so Thanksgiving night while the rest of the family was either working or out of town she and I organized her closet . We colorized her clothes, made a bag to donate and cleaned out her dresser drawers. I am so thankful at this age she enjoys spending time with me. I know as she gets older I will have less time with her.

Maybe later today I will have a chance to cut out this weeks Frolic quilt pieces.

15. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Robin, what a trio of cuties you have there! Enjoy their visit.

Gina

17. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mom23 View Post
    Good Morning,

Robin, that is such a lovely photo!

Jeannette

19. Thanks Monique thanked for this post