Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default WIP Nov 29 - Dec 5

Still working on Kaleidoscope Dreams. I finished all the flying geese units and started on the log cabin blocks. Only 35 more log cabin blocks to go and I'll be done.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5315.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	161479Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5317.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	161480
    Hope you had a good Thanskgiving
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP Nov 29 - Dec 5

That more wonderful quilt when it is finished will be a work of art, although looking at their albums one is amazed how much patience to put together so many small pieces, I want to finish the quilting of what will be the last UFO of this year because in December there are so many parties, dinners and family gatherings that sewing will be almost impossible

3. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Despite still feeling ragged from cold and cough, I did manage to sew on the bindings for both quilts that I quilted at LQS on LA last week. I just have one side remaining to handsew on the second queen size quilt. Then to make labels and hey'll been ready to give.

This week, I also made a chenille uphoslstery valence for my GF. I told her I would make for her in June. It's done before end of year. The fabri made a mess in my sewing room, so I had to clean up before I worked on anything else. My GF dropped off the batting and flannel backing, so I can quilt a VQC quilt (a 9 patch border) I made this week. It's for a GF's husband who is battling cancer.

I'm working through my list of small sewing items, most of them need to be done in December for gifts for family and friends. I will post pictures once I have time. I also want to decorate for xmas, this is a 2 day process, and I am behind this year.

I hope everyone has a productive week.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I woke up thinking on my barely too small guest bed Christmas quilt. I had thought of enlarging it by a quilt as you go method but had the brilliant [maybe] idea of just making some pillow cases to coordinate. I have enough from my stash to do this and it will be quick and easy. The quilt is dark colors and a white pillow case just looks jarring so I am making black pillow cases. I hope it doesn't look scary/morbid/odd.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Hallman View Post
    I woke up thinking on my barely too small guest bed Christmas quilt. I had thought of enlarging it by a quilt as you go method but had the brilliant [maybe] idea of just making some pillow cases to coordinate. I have enough from my stash to do this and it will be quick and easy. The quilt is dark colors and a white pillow case just looks jarring so I am making black pillow cases. I hope it doesn't look scary/morbid/odd.
    I made them, easy peasy and they look fine to me.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1101.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	135.9 KB 
ID:	161493 So much better than the white pillow cases half covered with the too short for a pillow tuck quilt.
    Two clicks and it will be upright.

8. Thanks DeniseSm, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Claire, it all looks lovely, especially on that beautiful vintage bed.

10. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I finished handsewing the bindings on the 2 queen size quilts - just need to make labels and wash. One is batiks and I couldn't wash fabric as it was a precut. The other one has reds, and I don't remember washing fabric, so I will wash with lots of colour catchers.

I also have a VQC sandwiched ready to quilt this week.

12. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I finished a Victoria Quilt yesterday. Tuesday, I quilted using rulers, sewed on the binding and finished hand sewing yesterday. It is being given to a friend's husband who is battling cancer.

A friend also donates tops she & her GFs made, but they have a musty smell, so although it goes against popular tips, I have to do this if I finish them. I have severe allergies to mould and can't take chances. They are ok, just need to cut threads. If I had a clothesline I could hang these in summer/fall.

I also made some cars & trucks pillowcases for a grandson. A small pillow for a friend's new GD. It's been a week of tacking small projects in my sewing room.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	216.8 KB 
ID:	161623

14. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The fabric placement on those nine patches make this a really stunning quilt, well done.

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post