Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thursday hellos!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to my American friends. May you all have a blessed day no matter what you do. Stay safe on the roads and hopefully there are no delays for those traveling by air.

Well it was quite the day here weatherwise. We started with snow, then it changed to freezing rain, then snow, then rain and LOTS of it. Later into the night it changed to snow I think. Hubby said the roads were slippery and he came close to hitting an 8 point buck. Luckily he got away.

I spent most of the afternoon in the sewing room, organizing and putting stuff away. I did a little more quilting on the table runner.

Today I will continue with the table runner and hopefully get it finished.

Phil called last night and may be bringing his girlfriend and her son for New Year. We always have a big Seafood Fest on New Year's Eve. Sleeping arrangements may get a little tricky. Greg is also coming but I don't think his wife is coming because of the hours she works. It is a good thing I have extra air mattresses. I shall worry about it when it gets closer to the time.

I have checked all the Black Friday sales and there really isn't ANYTHING that I can't live without. So quilting wise, I will not be buy anything. In town tomorrow, one store is have a no tax day so I may go out tomorrow and see if I can pick up a few gifts.

So on that note, have a wonderful and blessed day everyone, no matter what you do.

Name:  thanksgiving.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  9.7 KB
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday hellos!!

Good morning Monique. It was a windy night last night but it seems to have calmed down a bit now. Hopefully the wind will not affect the balloons at the parade today.

I got a lot of things on my To Do list checked offover the last few days and the things that didn't get done will just have to wait a couple weeks until I get back. I am all packed....well mostly. There are always those last minute things to pop into my tote bag. I've got some hand sewing to keep me occupied, my Kindle and my i-pod. I haven't flown alone since I moved back east in 2001. Technically I didn't fly alone then either. My cat, Shadow flew with me then.

The news from the baby front is that Ana is feeling fine. Her check ups have been good, bp for her and the baby is good, the baby is in position and it looks lkke she is beginning to dilate. Her due date is actually today so we will see what happens. I will let you all know when our little princess arrives.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone.
    Last edited by Ginny B; November 28th, 2019 at 10:17 AM.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

3. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone! ~ The only food prep. I need to do is mix up my 5 C. Salad (Ambrosia). It's my stand-by for potlucks because it is so quick & easy. -- (1 c. mini marshmallows, 1 c. coconut, 1 c. mandarin oranges - drained, 1 c. crushed pineapple - drained, 1 c. sour cream. Mix all together & refrigerate a few hrs. before serving.) -- It usually all gets eaten. Our annual Thanksgiving dinner at the church is at 1 p.m. Folks roast the turkeys, prep the mashed pots & gravy, etc. Everyone else brings potluck -- veg. sides, salads, desserts. We've had as many as 75 people, but the RSVPs were less this year. We might have only ~50. DS#2 is working only a half day, so he'll be able to make it after all.

Yest. a.m. was chicken soup day. I had a larger than usual whole chicken, so with the 2 pkgs. of thighs, I ended up with a lot of meat. It made 19 qts. -- the biggest batch I've ever made. I had enough vegs. & rice, but ran out of broth & had to top up the containers with water. In the afternoon I took it easy.

I haven't checked out any Black Friday sales. Normally our newspaper is full of ads on Thanksgiving Day. Not sure we'll even get a paper. There has been no delivery since Mon. We had no mail delivery on Tues., the day of the storm. The PO said only pkgs. were being delivered that day. We got mail yest.

My gr. dau. called yest. p.m.; we had almost an hour to chat. It's always good to have a good gab with her.

Enjoy your day. Don't eat too much! Ha, ha. Count your blessings.

5. Thanks Monique, Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone and happy Thanksgiving to my American friends and family.
    Wow, Monique you got that awful weather they warned about. Lucky DH didn't hit that buck. It was dreary day but all we got was rain, heavy at times and not dangerous as our temps were way above freezing.

I did a load of laundry. I spread laundry out over the week. I've got a load of sheets washing and I'll be putting out the xmas quilt. In the afternoon I pieced a quilt top together for VQC. I'm pleased, now to get batting & backing & quilt it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	206.1 KB 
ID:	161451

I spent a lot of time on the phone for some reason, and this strained my voice more, so by evening I was coughing again. DH picked up a lot of apples to prep and freeze for crumbles and pies. That's on the agenda today, sprinkled with some sewing.

Claire - I hope you feel better from your bump. This is a good remonder to be safe when pulling out decorations.

Have a safe and enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

7. Thanks Monique, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving to all Americans, and happy day to all others. While I had anticipated being alone this morning quilting, plans changed and now I am cooking for DD and family. DD and SIL have to be at work for 40 to help all those shopping for deals at Target, so I will have the baby probably until Saturday morning. So, probably no sewing at all this weekend.

May all of you find things to be thankful for today and be blessed.

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving, I hope everyone has a wonderful day. I am thankful for you all, for all the help and all the friendship offered here in abundance.
    My head is a bit tender but will be fine in a few days. I don't notice it unless I brush my hair or touch it somehow. Please do be careful, lots of ladders and trip hazards around.

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating today and safe travels for our family and friends.

Our meal is pretty much under control. I did the fruit salad and cranberries yesterday. The turkey is in the oven and a pumpkin pie just came out and a cherry pie just went in. I put together a sweet potato casserole and dressing and rolls are rising. As soon as one of the ovens is free I will slide in a broccoli cheese casserole.

A snow storm is moving in on us. Jeff is outside clearing the leaves off our front porch that blew in yesterday with the high winds.

Hugs and Blessings friends......

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning friends.

We will be having lunch today at my parents house....pork loin, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potato crunch, peas, cheese souffle & ice cream for dessert. We will be a small group today us, my parents, our son & our neighbor. Our son's GF had a stomach virus yesterday so she will be resting at home today.

I'm hoping to try a little sewing or embroidery this afternoon if my fingers will cooperate. I should be getting the pins out of my hand from my broken finger next Thursday. I've been doing physical therapy on my hand so it's getting better. A heated wrap is a wonderful thing for loosening muscles.

Thankful for all of you today.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Domino's pizza for me.....alone again for Thanksgiving. And, I have to work today.....oh, well......
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I hope you all are having a great day. I've done nothing but cook breakfast. I went to unload the dishwasher because the white light was on, needless to say I was kind of shocked to see the dishes hadn't been washed. Apparently, I didn't shut the door tightly enough to cut the 'done' light off. It's running now.

I have my bacon ready for the Green Bean Casserole. Cooked the old fashioned green beans yesterday. I'll peel potatoes around lunch time. We're supposed to be at Nana's around 3 for an early dinner. Morgan works tonight.

Mike's putting together book cases for the kids room. They are smaller, so I may have to put some school stuff in my sewing room. I wanted to get away from that, sigh.

I can't get stuff put away in there, Jim still hasn't shown up to help Mike get the upper cabinets up.

Mike's calling. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post