Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pictures of our Colorado Snow Storm

Greetings ~ I finally imported the snow pics from yest. We were under a winter storm warning from Mon. afternoon to Tues. afternoon. Our town got 13.5". The heaviest snow fall was in Drake, CO, which is a small community W. of Loveland ~ 33". Many of the foothills areas got about 2 ft. Denver got 11". We've had other storms that exceeded these depths, but this is the most we've had for a while. The biggest storm I remember was years ago; we got 21". It took a long time to dig out from that one, & the snow stayed on the ground for weeks. Our city plows only the main streets, so residential areas get very little plowing unless we get a heavy amount.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nov. Snowstorm - 2019 001 - Res.40.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	161427Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nov. Snowstorm - 2019 002 - Res.40.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	161428Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nov. Snowstorm - 2019 005 - Res.40.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	161429

2. Thanks LindaKay75, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pictures of our Colorado Snow Storm

Oh my gosh that is a TON of snow!!! Would it be awful of me to say glad it's you not me lol! I hope you are staying in for Thanksgiving.I can't imagine driving in that. Road crews will be busy tonight. Hope there arent power shortages also. Thanks for posting pics. Stay inside, stay safe and warm. Happy Thanksgiving!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That is a lot!!! Stay in and stay warm, I hope your son is doing alright commuting!! Stay safe!! Happy thanksgiving!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Heard that the snow was falling in a great amount ... but the winds were making it so much worse. Seeing any of those wind-driven drifts in your area, Joy?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

His photos are beautiful for someone like me who barely see the snow in my town every 8 or 10 years and only a couple of days but I understand that it is a great nuisance when they are so many days and everyday life becomes very hard. I hope this well, that your child arrives smoothly and can celebrate his happy Thanksgiving

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Joy I don't envy you as this will probably happen here this winter. Stay safe and warm. Thankfully you have wonderful neighbours who will clear out your driveway and walkway.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving Joy! My grandkids are in Colorado Springs. They got snow too but maybe not as much as you.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well that storm has been giving everyone a lot of problems, especially those travelling for Thanksgiving get togethers.

That's a lot of snow for one day, but we know we won't be spared this winter. That will be one of many snowfalls. I'm grateful today that we don't have any accumulation yet.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving! ~ It's a white one out there. The city plows the main streets. Usually they don't do residential streets unless there is >12" of snow; I'm sure our street won't get plowed this time. It's now snow packed & icy, but we're just one house away from a street that always gets plowed. Our snow angel shoveled the entrance of our driveway, or there would be no way my car could get through that depth. I'm going to venture out to the church for our annual Thanksgiving dinner at 1 p.m. DH is anxious about my going out. DS#2 has made it safely to work & back this week. He has to work only 1/2 day today, so he'll be able to make the dinner after all. But they have to work 12 hrs. tomorrow or until the work is done.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the pictures.

I can't imagine all that snow and all the efforts to clear it. It must be fun for the kids that get to play in it though. Hopefully, most people are prepared to wait out the thaw.

Be warm and safe. Happy Thanksgiving!