Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Hump Day!!!

Good morning friends. I have no doubt that many of you are getting making preparations ahead of your big "TURKEY" day. Safe travels to all who are travelling, be it close or far away.

I ended up going to town with hubby. I hadn't planned to but then I told him he could go to the pharmacy and get his insulin. Then he said, I guess you are coming with me. MEN!!!!!! I did drop off a bag of 'stuff' to the church and returned the casserole dish I came home with. Some of the 'stuff' that was given to me were a whole bunch of knitting needles of all shapes and sizes. I still have MANY that belonged to my mother. I found a new home for those with a cousin of hubby's who does lots of knitting. She sure was happy to have them and I am happy that they will be used. Amongst the things that were brought here, I found an old christening gown with a slip to go with it. I called my friend back and told her I had found this item wrapped in tissue paper and in a silk bag. She has decided that maybe she would like to have it back after all. She appreciated that I had called her. She really didn't go through the items carefully. I am glad to return it.

In the afternoon I worked on a table runner using the snowglobe pattern from FatCat patterns. It turned out pretty good and I will get some pictures later. It needs a little more quilting I think, it is rather long. So I will work on that today. And the wheels were turning in my head about what to do with Maizyn's quilt. I was thinking I would just add the blanket that I bought to the back doing the flip method. (right sides together, sew all around, leave an opening and turn inside out.) I don't know if it should have batting as well.

I think we are expecting icky weather today, our warm weather is over, sadly. I wore my spring coat out yesterday and didn't wear a coat when I went outside several times. I sure wish that weather would hang around until spring but that is wishful thinking.

And so my friends, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I am blessed to be able to come here every day and be with you all.

Have an awesome day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Hump Day!!!

Good morning Monique. It is a very cloudy morning here right now. I think we are supposed to get some rain today. Yesterday was absolutely beautiful. It was the perfect day to get the lights, etc. up outside. After we finished that, we started to tackle the inside. Got quite a bit accomplished. Today's list includes laundry, packing, finishing up the decorating, mailing the Secret Sister box, paying bills. I've got the first load of laundry in already.

Monique, it was a good thing you really looked through that "stuff" and found the christening gown. And I understand about the wheels turning. I couldn't turn my wheels off last night thinking about all I wanted to do today. Took a while to get myself to sleep.

I am sure there is a lot of Turkey Day prep happening here on the forum today. I think we will have leftovers from our weekend celebration. Have a great day all.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

4. Thanks baslp, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It's mighty chilly here this a.m. Skies cleared yest. eve. The temp. at our house is 5 deg. On the weather site it says -1 deg. Anyway, it's cold. It's not supposed to get out of the 20's today. Our snow angel from church came yest. p.m. & shoveled in the back & also did the entrance to the driveway. There is no way I could have plowed through 13" of snow to get out into the street. DH said he saw 4 cars on our street get stuck in the snow yest. IMO, I think the front wheel drive vehicles do not do as well in the snow as rear wheel drive. Our cars are older & still have rear wheel drive. I'm hoping the streets will be improved so I can drive to the church tomorrow for our annual Thanksgiving dinner.

Yest. I baked the bread using the new bread maker. Yest. eve. I did the celery & carrots veg. prep. for chicken soup, which I'll be making today. As soon as DH's breakfast is over, I'll cut up the chicken & get it on to cook. It will be a busy time in the kitchen all morning.

6. Thanks baslp, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Green beans are on in the crock pot. Tomorrow, the other batch of green beans will turn into Green Bean Casserole. I just thought I forgot to get the onion rings for the top. Oh well, Mike can stop on his way home from work.

Mike and I moved the furniture yesterday. Today, I'll be sorting and planning out the three cabinets in the school/ play room. He'll have to have his brother's help to get the glass doored cabinets on top of the base units. I helped get them down and put the shims in to level the bases up. There's no way I can help lift the uppers. At least one room will look better!

One more cup of coffee and I'll be ready to face the yellow room! Have a wonderful creative day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

8. Thanks baslp, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,

Was up early and out of the house by 8:30 to pick up the last few things for our Thanksgiving dinner and home by 95, yea!

Our dinner menu has been pared down since the planning stage as I have become sick and now sounds more bronchial. I was up since 30 this morning as the cough prevented me from getting any sleep. So instead of a lot of side dishes I will be making assorted roasted veggies. I bought butternut squash, a few Yukon gold potatoes, two sweet potatoes, broccoli, and onion, cut them up on a tray in the oven, seasoning, balsamic vinegar, and a bit of honey. Turkey and stuffing and a tray of Mac and cheese and calling it done. Store bought pies and ice cream to finish it off.

Hopefully I 'll get a bit of a nap later. Other than that not much else on my agenda except for a bit of food prep.

Wishing everyone a good day and a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow. Safe travels to all who will be on the road.
    Last edited by Cathy F; November 27th, 2019 at 11:38 AM.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

10. Thanks baslp, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I got the first shelf on the cabinet filled, turned to go back and get some more stuff... CRASH, BAM, BOOM> The whole top shelf is now on the bottom. which means it broke through the middle shelf, too. So much for getting anything done! Dag nab it!

I guess I'll be shopping for shelving this afternoon. Yuck!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

12. Thanks baslp, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,
    Monique - it looks like spring is over and we are going to get some yucky weather. I don't have much to do today, just drop by the lab, following requests by my doctor at yesterday's appt. my lungs are clear for now, and I just need to keep up with my asthma pumps. This usually prevents things from getting worse. She was concerned that I didn't come sooner with the gastro. There have been so many food recalls of romaine, kale, and meats, she thinks this might have been the cause. She is testing. I did seem to sleep better last night, at least my throat is not irritated from too much coughing.
    Cathy - it's a good plan to cut back. I really like to make everything myself, but of recent years, I have let go of some favorites and buy store bought. I'm certain there will be plenty and dinner will still be special.
    Joy - friends of ours are currently in Denver visiting their son & family. She has been posting pictures of snow storms, and she is joking about bringing it back here. Our worst snow storms always are a result of Colorado lows. We have no snow on the ground, and I dont mind.

I don't know what today will bring, but for sure I will try not to exert myself. I started a new quilting mystery novel, so I might just sit and enjoy with a cup of tea of hot apple cider.

Have an enjoyable Thanksgiving celebration to my American forum friends. Be careful if you are in severe weather area.

Edit - was late as I took advantage of free shipping to Canada, $35 min from CT. I was waiting for this as there were books I had on my WishList. Also got box of 8 superior thread for $12.
    Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; November 27th, 2019 at 12:19 PM.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

14. Thanks Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Be very careful getting the Christmas decor out and in place. I was getting something out of the cabinet above the dryer yesterday and it had a ceramic spoon rest on top that I couldn't see. Of course it beamed me in the temple and I had a huge goose egg. The swelling is better but it is still very tender, I have not looked this morning to see what bruising is there. Nice that it will be hidden under my bangs.
    We got the tree up and decorated, the car is outside because the front door garland is draped on the garage floor. It rained about 2" last night and of course my window was down a bit. The driver's seat is wet. I sure hope today has fewer calamities.

We are going to my sister's tomorrow so only need to do a pecan pie and some dip. I haven't seen her in a month or so and haven't seen her daughter and grands in a very long time, really looking forward to that.

So sorry about your shelves, what a mess.
    I need 2 Christmas fat quarters for the guild Christmas party next week so a-shopping I will go soon. Maybe on Saturday on shop local [?] day.

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. I went to work out this morning. I spent time on the phone w/ customer service to det. Why our smart lock was not working. I find that it is difficult to find a number for customer service for some companies.
    Yesterday we had a warmer day. Today it is in the 50 s. Later today we will have gusty winds.
    I decided to make a pumpkin cheese cake in the instant pot to take to our Friendsgiving. My DH will make his stuffing. Hopefully I can get some sewing done in the next few days.

Hav3 a good and safe travels.
    Beth

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone! Our beautiful weather is gone, replaced by grey skies, drizzles and a cold wind. My DH is at work today and I am at home feeling left out of the holidays. We are not hosting this year and instead are going to my mother-in-law's home. All she wants me to bring are nuts and sodas, so there is no cooking going on here. I find myself at a loss as to what to do today. Not sure I want to start a quilt since we will soon be in the throes of Christmas prep. Suzanne and Cathy, I hope you both feel better soon and Claire, I hope your bruising isn't too bad. Have a good day everyone!

Jeannette

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post