Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesday hellos!!

Good morning friends. I was just about to start this thread when the power went off. It was a planned outage. Made camp coffee and it tastes good.

Yesterday I was busy at basically doing nothing. I did venture out and had coffee with a neighbour. I straightened the snow fence outside. I was over at another neighbour's to listen to her answering machine with a french message and then I was back over there to help with a clogged drain. I did make into the sewing room briefly and started another water cooler bottle cover.

I don't know what today will bring just yet.

Safe travels to all of you traveling for Thanksgiving.

Have an awesome day.
    **Joy the weather there in Denver is frightful. News says 14" already and more to come today. Stay safe and stay indoors today, okay.
    Last edited by Monique; November 26th, 2019 at 09:56 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday hellos!!

A wintery Tuesday Hello! ~ Oh my goodness! This is a big one! It started snowing ~2 p.m. yest. & hasn't quit since. Still snowing this a.m. The winter storm warning is in effect until 2 p.m. this afternoon. Traffic will be snarled if not at a stand still in this storm. I know many flights already were canceled yest. & people are stuck at the Denver airport. When I was awake at 1 a.m., I was concerned about the air intake for our furnace, so I bundled up & ventured out on the back patio with the broom to clear away the snow to that intake. I measured the snow on the picnic table; there were 8". I'm sure there's considerably more now. The weather is predicting another 5" today, which will bring our total to 13" or more. At 5 a.m. Ft. Collins already had 14" of snow. The greater amounts are north of us. S. WY & N. Central & N.E. CO were supposed to get the most snow. I will be glad to stay inside & warm. I'll be baking DH's spelt bread today.

DH had his dr. appt. at 10 a.m. Afterwards, I dropped him off at the house & headed to the groc. store. I expected it to be busy, but it was an absolute zoo! I never have seen it so busy! Negotiating the aisles was a challenge. Between the pending snow storm & the upcoming holiday, everyone seemed to be shopping. The waiting line for check-out snaked all the way around 3/4 the perimeter of the store. It was a regular traffic jam of shopping carts.

My last stop was the bakery. I finally made it home just before 1 p.m. Gave DS#2 a quick call. We had made arrangements for him to come over & make a final check of our gutters. They weren't too bad, but one downspout was clogged. He used the wire drain snake to open it. It was just starting to spit a few small hard flakes while he was doing that work. He stayed ~90 min. while I ate my lunch, then cut up the salmon fillets for DH. I sent home a couple pieces with him. Also a loaf of bread from the bakery.

Our neighbor shoveled our driveway & front walk at least twice last eve. I saw him & his son out there at 9:45 last night. I opened the front door & thanked them. He apparently had done it 2 or 3 times, trying to keep ahead of the snowfall. He said it was a wet snow & heavy. We are thankful for good neighbors.

Time to get on with my day.

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Monique and all to follow. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration this weekend with the boys and my sis and her hubby. We went up Saturday morning and returned last evening. Now it's time to get organized for leaving on Thursday. More lists! Lists of things to pack, lists of things to take care of before leaving, list of things for hubby to do while I'm gone.

Ana is still feeling good as of yesterday. She even took Zeke to see Frozen II which he loved! He was singing a song from it to me last night.

Monique, you said you had a day of doing nothing but it sounded pretty busy to me. Sorry about the power being out. Do these planned outages happen often? Hope it's back on soon. Joy, I am glad you got your groceries yesterday but wow, a double whammy at the grocery store! Holiday and snowstorm.

Time to tackle those lists. Have a good day everyone.
    Last edited by Ginny B; November 26th, 2019 at 10:21 AM.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

6. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Joy, that is some storm. I have a friend flying to Denver Thursday morning but now I wonder if her flight will be canceled. Stay in, stay warm and stay safe.

Yesterday was just as expected. I worked in our home office all day making phone calls to health, business and life insurance companies, electric companies and the big one, the IRS. I was on hold 55 minutes the first time I called, and 59 minutes the second time. I still haven't talked to anyone as both calls dropped off. I did get a lot accomplished while waiting.

Today will be spent preparing for our son and his family as they are coming in late tonight. Tomorrow all three kids will be here along with spouses and grands. It will be a fun, exhausting day. I told my sisters months ago I was not hosting Thanksgiving this year because I didn't want to spend what small time I have with our son from out of town preparing a big dinner. We will go to my youngest sisters Thursday. Tomorrow nights dinner is frozen casseroles. I'm going stress free this year!

I won't be on the forum the next couple of days so Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  20.1 KB
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

8. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

Just a quick check in before I get back to packing. I hope to be on the road to Minneapolis no later than noon. They have a storm warning staring at 90 this evening and into Wed. morning. I hope it doesn't affect our flight to NC tomorrow morning. I just want to get to the airport, and whatever happens from there will happen. My daughter scheduled a Lyft to pick us up at 40 A.M. Our flight leaves at 7:10 A.M. I imagine the lines at the airport will be long.

I hope you all have a safe and joyful Thanksgiving.
    Jeanne

10. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. We are suppose to have a nice day - temp around 60. Cooler and blustery weather moves in tomorrow. I went to Whole Foods yesterday for a few things. It was a zoo. After I got home I found out that I left the 2 corn breads I bought at the check out. Luckily I saved the receipt. I am going back this am to hopefully get them. I did not get into my sewing home yesterday. I hope to get a few more blocks sewn together.

Have a good day.
    Beth

12. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning!

Sorry to see so many of our forum friends are experiencing severe weather. We are lucky to be experiencing mild weather here. Today will be dry, with lots of rain tomorrow and rain/snow predicted for Thursday.

My sister and I agreed on the same memory care facility for Mom! I need to call them today and see about making a deposit and taking next steps. My employer will be closed December 24 - January 1 for winter break. I would like to move Mom during that time if possible. After Christmas, of course!

Not much planned for today -- I am meeting a friend for a late lunch. One of the quilt shops I want to visit is closed until Saturday. I may visit the other one just for fun. I don't need anything.

Have a wonderful day, and safe travels to those on the road!

14. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good day everyone,

Our weather is so nice this past week, I cannot complain. I feel bad for everyone experiencing snow and storm warnings, especially with family travelling for Thanksgiving celebrations. Please be prepared, be safe, stay warm and stay dry.

Yesterday I picked up about 8-10 tops for VQC, some finished, some partial from a generous quilter and friends. I sewed the binding on a queen quilt and have half of it handsewn. This has forced me to sit and relax. I also finished cutting the blocks for a VQC quilt, and have it posted to my design wall.

Today, I hope to start sewing it today and finish handsewing. Or I might just sit and watch tutorials. I have a doctor's appt late this aft, DH will drive me. My cough has not let up and DH has been going to sleep in another room. My cough has changed from seal to walrus, then chocking and gasping for air. I have been taking maximum of my pumps, but I am catching my breath. It feels like a bronchitis.

Happy thanksgiving to American forum friends and family.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

16. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We had a nice early Thanksgiving here on Sunday, we had meatball casserole and a salad. It was so easy and made it possible to visit with our company. I was worn out yesterday though from the grands spending the weekend, so much energy wears me out but I loved it.
    We had vet appt. for our 14yo kitty yesterday and he is doing just fine, he may last another 14.
    After that I started spreading Christmas decor around the house, it is going pretty slowly but getting there. I need to grocery shop for a few things, yikes, the store will be a madhouse.
    I am glad you and your sister agreed on a home for your mom. That is so very hard on you all, I hope it goes well with your mom..

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

lol, Well I sat down, turned to look for my coffee... I wonder where I left it.

Good Morning Everyone, I've been on the phone with my MIL. Which was very helpful! lol, and I think I just volunteered to buy her a stove. Needless to say. I didn't think about the pictures I haven't paid for yet. Insert head smack here! It's one of those bless her heart moments on ME!

Oh well, I'm waiting for my BIL to message me back. We'll see what he says. It may be a mute point.

I'm about to go nuts. No sewing, no painting, just waiting on someone to come and do the heavy lifting and my patience is getting short. Last night, I had a major melt down. I cried and cried. Missing Howard, missing Mom and Dad just feeling very alone.

Howard's aunt Jean will be 90 on Thanksgiving Day this year. What a milestone! She's already told her family, NO birthday party, she wouldn't show up. lol, I can just hear her telling them! Even though she's not supposed to drive, I'd put money on her getting in a car and driving somewhere to get away from them if they did plan a surprise party for her.

She's the eldest of the 4 sisters. Dot, my MIL is next. She'll turn 90 next year, I think. I'll have to go and look it up again.

I loved Donna Jordan's tutorial this morning. I've made placemats like that before. It's a great way to use those big panel squares.

Have a great day everyone.

Joy, be careful in the snow. I caught just a snippet of the weather report this morning.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post