Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Your favorite appetizer recipe

With hubs being of Lebanese descent, I always serve hummus and baba ghanoush with pita chips and a dish of olives.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I was reading a cooking blog that was oohing over the excellence of European butter for baking for its 82% fat content, regular butter is 80%. I checked out the Land O Lakes website since that brand is sold where I live. Wow, do they have a yummy and BIG collection of recipes including for cookies, cakes, muffins, slow cooker, instant pot, tacos, casseroles--you name it it's there. Link is: https://www.landolakes.com/recipes/categories/ The spinach bacon cheddar cheese dip served on crackers is one that sounds good to me!
    Last edited by jjkaiser; November 24th, 2019 at 08:31 PM.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, chelea, am2901 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjkaiser View Post
    I was reading a cooking blog that was oohing over the excellence of European butter for baking for its 82% fat content, regular butter is 80%. I checked out the Land O Lakes website since that brand is sold where I live. Wow, do they have a yummy and BIG collection of recipes including for cookies, cakes, muffins, slow cooker, instant pot, tacos, casseroles--you name it it's there. Link is: https://www.landolakes.com/recipes/categories/ The spinach bacon cheddar cheese dip served on crackers is one that sounds good to me!
    I buy Kerrygold from Ireland sometimes, it's grass fed. Yummy stuff. They have a recipe section too. I like following some products sites for recipes. I don't think they have appitizers but Bush's beans has some great recipes. I eat a lot of beans. lol

Lorie

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! Some great ideas here.
    Debbie

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I must have made gallons of this through the years. I couldn't keep enough of it in the refrigerator when the kids would visit. It's called PRETZEL DIP So easy. 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 16 oz. cream cheese, 16 oz. Merk's cheese (or Kaukauna or the equivalent) and 1/4 tsp. garlic. Put all in a mixing bowl and beat until thoroughly mixed. That's it. Make sure you mix until fluffy. I've stored the dip in wide mouth jelly jars in the refrig so everyone gets there own jar for no double dipping. if you notice they've reduced the oz. of the cheese but it doesn't effect the recipe and I usually add 1/2 tsp. garlic power.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Girl View Post
    I must have made gallons of this through the years. I couldn't keep enough of it in the refrigerator when the kids would visit. It's called PRETZEL DIP So easy. 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 16 oz. cream cheese, 16 oz. Merk's cheese (or Kaukauna or the equivalent) and 1/4 tsp. garlic. Put all in a mixing bowl and beat until thoroughly mixed. That's it. Make sure you mix until fluffy. I've stored the dip in wide mouth jelly jars in the refrig so everyone gets there own jar for no double dipping. if you notice they've reduced the oz. of the cheese but it doesn't effect the recipe and I usually add 1/2 tsp. garlic power.
    I LOVE Merkt's cheese! I swear I could eat it by the spoonful. Your recipe sounds great!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That pretzel dip sounds great. Good idea to have separate jars in case someone wants to dip with a spoon?? LOL Thanks

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Just made a batch tonight and used the spoon, well a little spoon. Delicious and so easy. Hope my sisters like it, serving it tomorrow while we bake Christmas cookies. Thanks for sharing

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hard boil eggs. Shell the eggs. Perfect pop in your mouth easy appetizer. You will be surprised they will all get eaten.
    Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/