Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slow slow Saturday

Good morning,

I might be posting same time as another early bird. I had hoped to sleep in, but alas my cough and sore throat got me up. My cold did not improve, and I probably made it worse by spending 2 days in a LQS quilting, breathing in fibres. Yesterday I finished quilting the second quilt in about 4 1/2 hrs. I had loaded it on Thursday after I finished the first one. Now to trim, sew on binding and hand bind. That's 2 more off the list. I checked and I only have 3 more tops to quilt, all made this year. All caught up. These I will quilt is winter. 1 lap, 1 queen and one king.

I don't plan on doing much today, maybe groceries and pick up more quilt tops donated to VQC.

Have a enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Slow slow Saturday

Good Morning, Everyone ~ For some reason yest. seemed like Sat. to me, but I'm glad I have one more day to finish this quilt. Actually, it's all done except for making a label & sewing it on. Yest. I sewed on the binding & hand tacked the 4 corners. I even had time to do some FMQ on another quilt I've been working on, but had set aside to make this gift for the retiring pastor. I'll take some pictures today & post them after I find time to re-size them.

My Hamilton-Beach bread maker mach. was delivered yest. late afternoon. It came in 2 days. Excellent service from Walmart. Quite some time ago I ordered a gal. of Best Press from them, also delivered to the door. That should last me a long time.

Our temp. got up to 44 deg. yest. The sun came out mid-day & melted a lot of the snow. It's supposed to be 55 today & in the 60's tomorrow.

Other than doing the quilt label, I have no specific plans for the day. I probably should run the vacuum & clean up some of the dust bunnies. I put everything aside this week to make this quilt.

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

I'm happy to be sharing a quiet, peaceful morning with all of you. I can't remember when I last checked in but Thursday was my first day getting anything accomplished after having the flu. I ran a few errands, worked in the office and spent from 3-10 that evening in my sewing room! Hubby was gone to deer camp so I had the house to myself. I watched so many episodes of The Crown Netflix kept asking if I was still watching! I went to bed so happy because I got sewing accomplished and cleaned my room.

Yesterday I went to early Mass, ran some errands and picked up my aunt and uncle from the airport in St. Louis. Once I hit the road for the 100 mile trip I heard from them their flight was delayed. That's ok, I went to Target to bum around for a bit. Tradition is when I pick them up we eat out and they fill my car with gas so that's what we did. When I got home my daughter and Max were here. I hadn't seen him all week so he was glued to me. We ended up putting up the Christmas tree. I've never decorated for Christmas before Thanksgiving but this year my son will be here with his family on Wednesday and I want Christmas card pictures taken. I wanted the tree up so we just did it all. I felt like I needed to apologize to my little pilgrims when I put them in their boxes.

Today I have an Open House bridal shower, pick up food ordered, attend a benefit bake sale, and take a van load of stuff to the charity resale shop. I really reevaluated my stuff last night and I'm getting rid of some. I'm really going to free up some space in my storage room.

Coffee is gone so I must get moving.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	161388
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

6. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Coffee sounds fantastic, just woke up, enjoying the quiet house. I have to complete two orders today and work on more stuff I'm selling. I think I'm going to work on my ufo quilts today. I have lots. Lol

My bf works from home and he's working today, so ill still have time alone to be productive! We have two teenage girls in the house still. Once everyone starts moving, Ill make pancakes.

I hope everyone has a great, productive Saturday!

8. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning....It's a drizzly morning. Jeff left before daylight to go hunting. I just sewed inner borders to a small quilt.

Last night we put up our Christmas tree with lights to see what the little Girls would do. Maggie had a minor meltdown but other than that nothing. We will add ornaments gradually and see how they deal with them. Since most of our ornaments are lace angels and snowflakes I made on the emb machine (lots of hours) I don't want to take a huge chance. Sugar likes to take my things and hide them. She comes up with new hiding places all the time. Yesterday she hid my socks behind the toilet is Jeff's bathroom or at least I found them yesterday. I find things all the time I didn't know were MIA.

Robin, so glad you got some time in your sewing room.

I need to take the Girls out and feed them. Dottie is tired of waiting....

Have a great day everyone!

10. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Sugar likes to take my things and hide them. She comes up with new hiding places all the time. Yesterday she hid my socks behind the toilet is Jeff's bathroom or at least I found them yesterday. I find things all the time I didn't know were MIA.

I had a cat that took my jewelry and hid it.. I kept missing ear rings. When I had to replace my washer and dryer, I found all the missing sparklies.... and my cat kept crying and pawing at them. It was a sad day for kitty.

Been up awhile, and need a 2nd cup of coffee. Just surfing around and still in my pj's.

12. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! Today is another day of wedding dress shopping. My daughter has decided on a mermaid style that is sparkly so that is what we will be looking at today. I don't know if her future MIL and SIL will be joining us again. Her best friend and I are going and DH is driving us as parking is extremely hard to find where we are going.

I hope all my forum friends who are under the weather will be feeling better soon. And I hope all of us get to spend a little me time with our sewing machines today.

Jeannette

14. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Robin, so glad that you are now feeling better. The flu is not fun.

I hope to get some shopping done today. I guess I should make a list. Was not planning on cooking for Thanksgiving on Thursday, but since DD's in laws are having their's tomorrow, I should probably cook at least a little. If not, we'll only have apple pie, courtesy of my realtor who sold my previous home. So, time for the nail salon now, then on to look at new laptops. Fun, fun, fun, not really. We'll see.

Hope everyone has a blessed weekend.

16. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning!

Today is the start of vacation -- I go back to work December 2. I usually take the week of Thanksgiving off because it is a short week (only 3 work days, my employer is closed Thursday & Friday), and I won't come back to a ton of stuff. I am taking off December 23, too, but that's self-preservation -- one year, one of the tech guys piped Christmas music at full volume through the PA system. Just about blasted me out of my chair and gave me a migraine. The boss was not happy when some of us complained about the volume.

I took my sister to see one of the three memory care facilities that made the final cut. I understand now why she wants me to go with her -- she was very emotional. We have two more visits on Monday, then we can discuss and make a decision. I didn't tell my sister which facility I like the best. I want to see if we pick the same one.

I have a lesson on my embroidery machine at the LQS Monday -- I'm looking forward to seeing some of the functions in action. Here's hoping I get to spend some quality time in the sewing room while I am off work!

Have a great weekend!

18. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Julie, I'm glad that you scheduled the embroidery lesson on the same day you are taking your sister to evaluate facilities for your mom. You will have something fun and just for you to balance out the stress and emotions of finding the best place for your mother.

20. Thanks Monique, JulieC, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post