Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Friday!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome Friday!

Good morning. Yes I am up at this ungodly hour. My plans to go with my neighbour to the city got changed to today. She has to be at the hospital at 7:30 this morning.

I had a quiet day yesterday, I didn't do much of anything after all.

We didn't get the freezing rain after all. It rained very hard for the drive home from the church supper. The supper itself was a huge success, they served 400+. There was no turkey left to bring home. I did get a turkey casserole, dressing, potatoes, gravy, and Christmas pudding.

My sister-in-law loved her water dispenser cover.

Have a great day everyone. Doesn't look like I will get into the sewing room today either.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Welcome Friday!

Good morning. We are suppose to get some rain later today and tomorrow. My DS comes home from college for Thanksgiving break. It will be good to see him. He has not seen the puppy yet. She is not much of a puppy now. One of my DD wants to go to Kohl’s today and look for leggings. It will be nice nice catch up w her.
    I should be able to get some more done on my quilt this afternoon and tomorrow due to the rainy weather.

Monique— you are a very nice neighbor .

Have a good day.
    Beth

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Monique and all to follow. Yesterday was another day of checking things off my To Do list as well as doing a couple of things that weren't on the list to start with. We went over to my sister's and picked up an outside deck box that she is not going to need at their new house since they will have a large area in their basement to store all the outside stuff for the winter. After we got that settled into its new home on our patio, we continued on with our errands and by the end of the day, felt good about all the things we were able to check off.

Today will mostly be spent in the kitchen. I've got some baking to do and also need to roast the extra turkey breast for our Sunday Thanksgiving celebration. We head up to my sons on Saturday morning.

Monique, glad the freezing rain didn't happen and that your sister in law liked her dispenser cover. What a cute idea. Beth, have a good time shopping with your daughter and welcoming your son home for his visit.

Have a fun Friday everyone.
    Last edited by Ginny B; November 22nd, 2019 at 09:42 AM.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

6. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,
    I missed the rain on my way home yesterday, but it rained steady all night. I didn't sleep much, woke up at 2pm coughing and chocking. I was quilting all day at LQS and with all the fibres, I knew it would get the better of me. I got the astronaut/hockey back quilt done by 3:30, but I will have to pick out some double stitches when i got distracted and repeated the same lines. I changed some of the loops into meander and tucked in a few hearts here and there. Otherwise it looks pretty good with stars. My GS won't notice my boo-boos.

The other quilt I will do today is loaded to go. It's the Grand Adventure/Misty Mountains in batik. It's smaller, 96x98, so I should be done after lunch. I'm going to pick a quick design. I was going to bring a long table runner, but I am not feeling great so I will head home before dark.

I think the weekend, we will rest. I need to get better, as both of us are feeling run down.

Monique - glad your dinner went well. That's a big crowd. Beth - enjoy your visit and shopping trip. Ginny - isn't it good to check off things from the to-do list. I'm sure your sister appreciates all you are doing.

Gotta run, shower and shove off. Have a good day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

8. Thanks Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,
    Today looks to be a nice day and the sun is trying to show it's face, hopefully it will break through the clouds.

Yesterday was a fundraiser at A. C. Moore for our club. We do it once a year, we get 10% of the total days sales from anyone who came in with our fundraising flyer or a screenshot of it on their phone. So of course I had to support the club and picked up some cute gifts for the grandkids. A very easy fundraiser to do and puts a few extra dollars in our account to help with our work we do in the community.

Finished up the towel orders I had left to do so now my sewing time is my own. Have to finish a gift for my granddaughter yet but Christmas gifts are basically finished. My children get money to buy something for their home and the grandkids like the money as they are in college and have cars and expenses, but I make them one special handmade gift from just me each year and they still look forward to that.

Today is most likely our last day of dogsitting. The floors were finished on Wednesday and can be walked on now so Roxy will be returning home. She has been an excellent houseguest but I 'm sure misses her family although they have come by to visit with her.

Well, time for my coffee so I' ll wish everyone a good day!

Ginny, enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner and have a good trip to California.
    Beth, enjoy your time with your children during their stay back home.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~We're getting more snow. It started some time during the night. It looks like maybe 2" on the picnic table surface. The back patio looks like there is ice under the snow. It's 32 deg. It's supposed to warm up into the 40's & a nice week end ahead. Another system coming in next week.

Woo hoo! I completed the last of the FMQ on this quilt for the retiring pastor & his wife! I had finished the body of the quilt by supper time & did the border in the eve. It's ready to trim & sew on the binding. I'll get to that today.

Suzanne ~ The LA you rent -- is it computerized, or do you move the arms yourself to create the design? I know some folks here rent time on the LA at our local Bernina shop. We have several excellent LA quilters in our guild. I don't quilt anything larger than a lap size on my table LA. It's just too much bulk to manage. I pay someone to do my big quilts. I've watched Donna Jordan set up her LA for her projects. It would be convenient to have a computerized machine do it all for you, but maybe not as fulfilling as knowing you quilted it yourself.

Time to get on with my day.

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning! It was a great feeling on Tuesday to get the quilt pieced. Of course, it took longer than what I had thought it would. Now to get the border on and the back done so it can get off to the long-arm. I have it scheduled to be quilted in January since there was no need to have it done by Christmas as she is booked already with quilts that need to be ready in time for Christmas. Tuesday and Wednesday were both beautiful days weather wise. They felt like the wonderful days of Autumn. Then the rain and wind moved in but it wasn’t bad until the falling temperatures started to hit yesterday.

Sweet little one turned 3 years old yesterday. He picked pizza for his birthday lunch. He was to go to the basketball games last night but he was still asleep when some of us left so I didn’t want to wake him since he had been sick. The basketball games were a lot of fun to watch as both the women’s and men’s teams won. The ladies were on a huge roll with 3-point shots. The men are always fun to watch because you can see on their faces and behavior how much fun they are having playing college basketball.

I started a new project on Wednesday night. I am taking a wall hanging quilt pattern and turning it into a mini quilt pattern. I will make several of them and add some sashing and borders to make a small children’s quilt. At least that is the plan at this point and time, it could change as the quilt develops.

Today some of the children and I are going to go see the play “A Charlie Brown Christmas” in the city. And I am going to drop off one of the sewing machines to be cleaned and worked on. The stitching has decided that it want to do long and short stitches all in the same line. I am hoping that it is repaired quickly as the children are wanting to get started on their 4-H projects.

Have a safe and wonderful weekend everyone

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning... barely.

Everyone is so busy! You're all making me feel slack. I have stacks of boxes in the 'sitting area' of the great room. I have stacks of books and Montessori materials in my sewing room. The shelves are all empty. Now the waiting begins, when will the boys be off together, and get the shelf swap taken care of. Hopefully soon!

Today, my financial adviser will call for my yearly check up. We'll have a nice visit while we're on the phone.

Nothing is going to get done in my sewing room today!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0575.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	161386
    So I might as well dust and clean the floors.

Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

KPH, I don't know how you find time in the day to get everything done that you do. Today I made a small drawstring bag for a soccer ball--something that the young man can easily carry and not have the ball roll out into the street on the way to the park.I also made him a pillowcase and bought a game for him, I drew his name off the tree at church. I also drew a name off the tree at LQS and he wanted a nature inspired warm lap blanket and a cd of nature sounds. Fleece blanket,,,,check cd...check, All I need to do now is wrap them up and deliver to LQS and church. I'm happy that they are both done usually I leave the finishing to near the deadline and then worry if I have time to finish.
    Hope everyone had a good day and that everyone will have a fun weekend. Stay safe.

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, MSN thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post

Suzanne ~ The LA you rent -- is it computerized, or do you move the arms yourself to create the design? I know some folks here rent time on the LA at our local Bernina shop. We have several excellent LA quilters in our guild. I don't quilt anything larger than a lap size on my table LA. It's just too much bulk to manage. I pay someone to do my big quilts. I've watched Donna Jordan set up her LA for her projects. It would be convenient to have a computerized machine do it all for you, but maybe not as fulfilling as knowing you quilted it yourself.
    Joy,
    the LA I rent is the Handi Quilter Amara. It is computerized, but rental does not include this. The owner had a bad experience with a client who left it unattended, hit something and threw off timing. You can use with rulers, but mostly I use pantographs. She has a large selection. I stand most of the time but these past few days, I have used her saddle stool and I found it comfortable and easy to use. It makes it more manageable for queen - King size. I can quilt on sit down Sweet 16 but mostly chose not to. I have sent to LAQ but these sizes have cost me $350-400. Since I make 4-6 large ones per year, I prefer to rent for the day at $100/day. Today I quilted a queen size in 4 1/2 hrs, since I had set it up the day before.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.