for this type of quilt? I have watched
    a lot of videos and would be
    interested in others making the
    One Block Wonder Quilt.
    Happy Quilting to All !

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: One block wonder forum

A good way to search for those is to attach sew-along. I did that when I was trading I spy squares. Here's is a sew along from last year for the one block wonder. Maybe add this year and one will pop up.

http://www.esthersquiltblog.com/2018...long-info.html

It's usually blogs where you find them. Hope that helps
    Last edited by Hulamoon; November 21st, 2019 at 07:05 PM.

Lorie

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

This is a private/closed Facebook group and it is administered by very experienced OBW makers. There is a mentorship program that allows you to get one on one help. Just follow prompts to apply to become a member and then look at photos and there are bunches of files with info under the "files" tab. Nothing you post is public, only members can see and they aggressively police for junk posts, very well administered.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/OBWQuiltForum/by

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Corgimagic, the Facebook group page titled "One Block Wonder Quilt Forum" that has 22897 members is an outstanding source of information about the one block wonder quilt making techniques. (I could not get the link above to work so can't say if that is the one Corgimagic is referring to or not) Just do a search on Facebook for the one block wonder page. The information files are really really helpful.
    I have only made one OBW and took a class with a local quilt shop owner to get the basics. In my opinion, it is not as simple as some of the you tube videos suggest. And I had read the book!! My biggest mistake was my choice of fabric, I learned the technique, but my quilt is not as I had expected, but I learned from it and do enjoy the technique. And have the fabric to make another one next year.
    Good luck with yours.....the facebook group posts some really spectacular OBW.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by corgimagic View Post
    This is a private/closed Facebook group and it is administered by very experienced OBW makers. There is a mentorship program that allows you to get one on one help. Just follow prompts to apply to become a member and then look at photos and there are bunches of files with info under the "files" tab. Nothing you post is public, only members can see and they aggressively police for junk posts, very well administered.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/OBWQuiltForum/by
    Just FYI, this link does not work.
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

I searched fb and found the OBW forum ya'll are talking about, and I Joined. Just waiting for confirmation and approval. Because it is a closed group, the link won't work. At least that was my understanding of the page I got when I clicked on it. Am wanting to do a star quilt In memory of my Gma who hand sewed all her quilts. I got her hexagon quilt and can verify the hand quilting. But I remember the big star (?lone star) quilt that was on her bed when I last visited her in the 70's. I hope this group can help me with my quest.