• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Welcome Wednesday

Good morning friends. Yesterday turned out to be a beautiful day with lots of sunshine and warmer temperatures than what they have been. Victoria's Quilts was well attended. We have almost finished the quilt that a few of us hand quilt on. We made good progress yesterday but left some for the next session. Our December meeting will also include a Christmas lunch and it is our anniversary as well. We already have our next quilt picked out to work on.

Hubby was craving egg rolls for lunch so I stopped and picked up some rice and chop suey to go with it. I think there is still enough for one more meal today. Hubby works tonight and this afternoon I am getting my flu shot.

Last night I also started knitting a scarf that Maizyn asked me for. She wants one purple, black and red. Well the red is really a dark pink and she is ok with that and the colors don't have to be in any particular order.

Today I will try and get into the sewing room.

Have a wonderful day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Nwmnteacher
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2014

Re: Welcome Wednesday

Good morning all,

We're supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow today and tonight. I don't have to go anywhere, so I'll stay home, warm and cozy. I don't work until the weekend, and the roads should be fine by then.

I worked yesterday.....another really busy day. I think they'll all be that way from now on until after Christmas. Lots of fleece flying out of the store! Also many yards of flannel...people like to make pajama pants for gifts.

I plan to be in the sewing room for the next 3 days finishing up some projects. I hope Hubby doesn't plan on getting fed for the rest of the week :-0 I'm off to get a second cup of coffee, then up to the sewing room.

Blessings on your day.
    Jeanne

Comment

• MRoy
      Missouri Star
      • Jul 2011

Good morning! Not a lot going on here in southern KY. I need to chop up the last of the fall leaves with the mower today if the rain showers will hold off. I've not done much sewing this week. The Juki that I piece with is being serviced and I miss it. I don't like to switch machines in the middle of piecing a quilt. I guess I need to find a backing, load the frame, and start quilting something.
      My laptop battery is giving out and Dell doesn't have a replacement available for a computer that is less than 3 yrs old. I'm going to try the local computer fix-it shop to see what they can do. I'm not happy with Dell right now.
      Happy hump day!
      *~* Myrna *~*
      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• Cathy F
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2012

Morning all,
        Not sure what the weather will be like today and whether the sun will show it's face. Looks to be a cool crisp morning. I am waiting for the dogs to arrive as we are on dog sitting duty these past two weeks. The painters are finished and the floors are almost done
        in my son's house so I anticipate it won't be but two more days. They have really been good but we are not used to being tied to the house while they are here.

Got two of my orders from the craft fair finished yesterday and got a start on the third one. Should be able to finish it up today. Then to get the sewing room back in shape and take inventory of what supplies I need to replenish.

Well, time for a cup of coffee before they arrive. They come in very excited to see us, tails wagging, wanting to give kisses, so I need to get caffeineted to match their energy level. Wishing everyone a good day!
        Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• KPH
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2015

Good Morning All,

And boom, lol, now there are two baby showers in December! I have two baby quilts ready to go. I'm not going to try for more a more pinkish quilt, since both are girls. I'll put them in bags with the water color cards I painted, and take them to church on Sunday to make sure they get to the hostesses for the showers. Done! Dollar Tree, expect a visit from me today!

When the furniture gets shifted, I'll think about refilling my baby shower quilt supply. lol, I'll have a few months before I'll have to worry about that!

Yesterday, I texted Jim and asked about home school next week. He has the week off, so he's giving J the week off too. Yippee. that means Grandma has the week off! Hopefully, we'll get the cabinets shifted and I can get the house decorated for Christmas as Mike has almost the whole week off.

I ordered a half yard fabric pack yesterday to dedicate to Donna Jordan's Christmas tree napkins. I think that will be a fun quick project for hostess gifts. Morgan's parents would need 8 napkins for their family get togethers. Maybe, next year's Christmas presents. Who knows... I'll figure it out, sooner or later.

Well, there's the text ding. Zeke must be getting closer. Have a wonderful day.
          Katrina
          From NC, retired in FL
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• baslp
            The Guild President
            • Sep 2012

Good morning. Our temp will be in the 50’s today. We are expecting rain at the end of the week. Hopefully the rest of the leaves will fall off the trees ,so we can bag up the rest of the leaves. Our puppy likes to eat leaves for some strange reason. I tutor today, and then have to head home to feed the puppy. Cathy — I know all about scheduling things around the dogs. I hope to continue to sew rows together on my quilt. I can’t wait until the puppy is house trained. She is getting better and better, but still will pee if not wanted .

Have a good day.
            Beth

Comment

• JCY
              Missouri Star
              • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Cloudy & 42 deg. Rain or snow expected tonight into tomorrow & maybe even Fri. It was 70 deg. yest. I hand watered the flower beds & 2 of the 3 newly sodded areas. I chased a rabbit out of the flower bed 3 times yest. a.m. It was nibbling on one of the new perennials.

I decided to stay home from Bible Study Fellowship this a.m. The church's heating system is being worked on, so there will be no heat in the church. They're supposed to have some heaters in the sanctuary to take off the chill. Since I just got over a cold & resp. infection, I don't want to sit in a cold building, so I'm not going.

Yest. a.m. I ran errands. Got the 5 Rx's from Walmart as well as a few other items. Stopped by the bulk store & got 2 - 5 lb. jars of honey. It's raw clover honey. I use it when making DH's bread, & he uses it to spread on his bread. Which reminds me, I better order a new bread maker. During the last bread making, the motor was lugging down & was very slow. I think it must be going out.
              My last stop was the bank. I was home by lunch time.

DS#2 called in the afternoon. The contractor for their kitchen remodel ran into a problem with the electric. Their current panel is overloaded. He called in an electrician to consult. There was some discussion about the possibility of needing to run in a 2nd line from the street & a 2nd panel installation, which would have been considerable expense & delay. They've decided to install a sub-panel. No need for the power co. to be involved. They've had to demo the kitchen ceiling to access electrical wiring, so it's getting involved. They're just hoping their project will be completed before Christmas.

DS#2 has learned he's going to have to work on every upcoming holiday -- Thanksgiving, Christmas, NY's, etc. I hope they compensate with some holiday pay.

I put in 2 shorter sessions of FMQ yest. p.m. I'm making progress. I'll work more on it today. It has to be all finished by Sun. eve. The church is having a farewell reception & program for the pastor & his wife from 4-6 p.m.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                Missouri Star
                • Aug 2015

Good morning everyone,

I am so grateful for sunny, no snow, milder temperature days. I could take this all winter, but they are predicting a really cold winter with lots of snow. Maybe I should think of snow clearing company for January-February. DH is having cataract surgery in Jan & Feb. I know how to run snowblower but it's still difficult to do, with everything else I already do.

Yesterday I started feeling a cold coming on, so after getting nails done, I took frequent tea breaks. Still feeling stuffed and sore throat, probably from exposure to lots of people on the weekend. I picked up a small bin of scraps from Boomerang quilt, and cut them into 3 1/2" & 4 1/2" triangles and 2 1/2" squares. There is probably enough for a few small projects this winter. They are Kona from the lagoon collection. We didn't go out for dinner as we were feeling tired, so I made a turkey fried rice.

This morning, I am going to mom's annual appt. DH & I will run errands and go to bank. This afternoon my GF's sisters, one visiting from North Bay, will drop by to see my quilts. I will also show them the VQC fabric & pattern that I will use for her DH, who is being treated for colon cancer. Then we might go out to dinner if we are up for steak dinner.

Looking forward to quilting DGS quilt tomorrow. It was a birthday request in May, which was done in July. I won't wait until xmas to give as the other GKs are not getting a quilt.

Have an enjoyable day. Be careful as I see there are many storms causing havoc everywhere around the world.
                Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Ginny B
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2012

Good morning all. Today is a "No Henry" day so no need to be watching the clock. Lots on the To Do list. I will be finishing up a couple orders from the craft fair and my last Secret Santa gift. I need to get the gifts all photographed, wrapped and boxed and ready to head to the P.O. before leaving for CA next week. Our Thanksgiving celebration will be this Sunday so there will be lots of prep and some baking on Friday before heading up to Peekskill on Saturday.

Next week I want to decorate the house for Christmas since I won't be back home until Dec. 11. We are hoping for some good weather so we can get the lights up outside too.

Monique, Maizyn is going to love that scarf. It sounds so pretty. Jeanne, I love snowy, wintry days when I can spend them in the sewing room. Have fun. Joy, I hope your son's renovation gets completed before Christmas and with no more qlitches. Beth, hope your little pup gets trained soon. Cathy, have fun with the doggies today. Love those doggie kisses.

Myrna, that stinks about the laptop battery. Really, they don't have a replacement one! How annoying. Katrina, I saw that video for Donna Jordan's Christmas tree napkins. So cute. Not sure I will get to them this year though. Suzanne, I hope your cold doesn't get too bad. It sounds like you are going to be pretty busy.

Well my To Do list will not get done by itself so off I go. Have a good day everyone.
                  Last edited by Ginny B; November 20, 2019, 06:35 AM.
                  Ginny B
                  Levittown, NY

Comment

• Bubby
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by KPH View Post
                    Good Morning All,

And boom, lol, now there are two baby showers in December! I have two baby quilts ready to go. I'm not going to try for more a more pinkish quilt, since both are girls. I'll put them in bags with the water color cards I painted, and take them to church on Sunday to make sure they get to the hostesses for the showers. Done! Dollar Tree, expect a visit from me today!

When the furniture gets shifted, I'll think about refilling my baby shower quilt supply. lol, I'll have a few months before I'll have to worry about that!

Yesterday, I texted Jim and asked about home school next week. He has the week off, so he's giving J the week off too. Yippee. that means Grandma has the week off! Hopefully, we'll get the cabinets shifted and I can get the house decorated for Christmas as Mike has almost the whole week off.

I ordered a half yard fabric pack yesterday to dedicate to Donna Jordan's Christmas tree napkins. I think that will be a fun quick project for hostess gifts. Morgan's parents would need 8 napkins for their family get togethers. Maybe, next year's Christmas presents. Who knows... I'll figure it out, sooner or later.

Well, there's the text ding. Zeke must be getting closer. Have a wonderful day.
                    Kat, I LOVE those tree napkins and they look fun to make. Let me know how time intensive they are. Can't wait to see yours.
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                    X