Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now or

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Singer Walking Foot Problem

OMQ...I looked up Delrin and it's a type of plastic. I have plastic feet, so which one are you talking about?

Lorie

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Singer Walking Foot Problem

This statement in the last paragraph of my post can be confusing- "I use a delrin presser foot and it's far better at advancing the fabric..."

First, it doesn't advance the fabric, which would hint at a mechanical action. It's really slippery which allows the top fabric piece to feed through easily without distortion. I'm seeing about 1/8" of "stretch" in a WOF stitched seam. !/8" in 42 inches? I can live with that. My walking foot is no better.

Second, you won't find the part I'm talking about using "delrin" in your search. The foot I'm talking about is called an "Ultra-glide" foot in Janome packaging. Other brands mostly refer to it as teflon, which in this case is a delrin composite. Delrin is the hardest and slipperiest "plastic" I know of. It's also machinable.

Most of the plastic feet in your sewing kit are clear, but have metal inserts for wear and "slipperiness." As for fabric handling they are no better than any other foot.
    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-