Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesday already?

Good morning friends. Yesterday I started another quilt for my granddaughter with a panel that has fairies, unicorns and butterflies. I found a pattern online using this panel and sort of used it to make mine. I still need to make it bigger. I will get some pictures later. Some of the fabric I used glows in the dark. Pretty cool.

Today is Victoria's Quilts. I also need to take in my big double roast pan that will be used for the Christmas Pudding on Thursday's Church dinner. I also have a small box of giveaway stuff for the church.

So that is what today holds for me.

Wishing you all a blessed Tuesday. Prayers going out to those who need them.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday already?

Good Morning Monique and those who follow,

Yesterday seemed to be a whirlwind. Home school, bank to cash the insurance refund, Walmart, family dinner. I was pooped by the time Dancing With the Stars came on, but when my head hit the pillow, I was wide awake. sigh I wish my sewing room wasn't right next to Mike's bedroom. I would have gone in there and worked on something.

Time to think about today and not worry about yesterday anymore. Home school this morning. Mike will be home around 2. Maybe I'll get something done that will make me happy before he comes home.

Time to start getting ready for the boy and have another cup of coffee before he gets here. Is it sad to say, I'm already looking forward to being done with home school this week?

Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,
    It looks like another sunny day. It makes me forget how cold it is. It's been a busy past few days, so today is catch up day and try to rest so this cold doesn't get worst. I'm getting my nails done this morning, and then will submit medical/dental claims. Hubby wants to take me out for nice dinner. I guess he sees me working so hard and being there for others, I forget to take care of me. He's a quiet but observant guy.

I'm ready to quilt on LA later this week. I just hope I'm not being too ambitious to quilt 2 queen size quilts in 2 days.

Have an enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It promises to be another warm day. It was 72 yest. One last warm day before the next cold front moves in with the chance of snow Wed. night into Thurs.

I made progress on the latest quilt yest. It took awhile to get the tension right on my Tiara so the stitches were satisfactory. I think I changed the needle 3 times before things finally worked better. My LA still seems to prefer the Glide thread. I've tried numerous times to switch back to cotton thread, but it just doesn't work. After some practice, I started the FMQ on the quilt. I got an area in the middle done before it was time to quit. I'm doing a mixture of paisley feathers, hook scrolls, & leaves. Since the backing is plain, the design shows up nicely.

Our dr.'s office went to a new computer program, so it meant having to do a new login & answer a zillion questions -- many of which, IMO, are very personal & none of their business! It took a long time to navigate things & get through the process. The convenience of using the portal is that one can sign in ahead of time at home, prior to a doctor's appt., & not do everything on the tablet at the office.

Today I need to make a run out to Walmart. We have 5 Rx's that are ready for pick up -- 3 for DH & 2 for me. One of the Rx's they always have to order, so it takes time for that to come in. That med. is not on our plan's formulary, so we have to pay out of pocket for it.

Did any of you watch Mr. Rogers Neighborhood on TV with your kids when they growing up? This week's Parade mag. has a feature article with an interview with Tom Hanks, "5 Things I Learned from Mister Rogers." He stars in a movie coming to theaters on Nov. 22. I don't have time now to comment further. Maybe I can share more later.

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! Yesterday was a beautiful day to be outside in the afternoon for a bit. Then the weather started to changing including a little unexcpected rain. It has been a busy time around here. Thursday ended up going very smoothly with all of the meetings. Although I have ended up saying that I would make two items – table runner and a baby quilt for a silent auction in January. At least it is nothing as big as a quilt. On Friday at 4-H club officer interviews, each one of the children earned an office. We now have in our family – vice-president, treasurer and 4-H council representative. Saturday was bowling league for the middle boy. Then him and the oldest boy went to the college football game. DD went youth ladies progressive dinner and had a great time. On Saturday afternoon, I did something that I had not done since high school which was going and getting my nails professionally done. She did a great job and for a gel manicure, it was only $20.
    Sunday was a stay at home day for the youngest and me as he had spiked a fever in the middle of the night and was coughing. All Sunday he was fine then during the night his fever came back along with the cough so we slept in Monday morning. Monday afternoon was a fun time as a couple of us ladies got together at a friend’s house. We received a lesson on how her long arm works and toured her beautiful home and saw some of the quilts that she has made through the years.
    Today my game plan is to piece together a quilt top among other things. I have a couple of day trips that I am working on for our local group of quilting ladies. Of course, one of them is going over to MSQC.

Have a great day everyone

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post