• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KPH
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2015

Good Sunday Morning

Good Sunday Morning!

It's still gray and dreary around here. Hopefully, the weather system that has kept us under the clouds will move out today.

It was so funny at the pictures yesterday. It would be cool to have a collage with all of Zeke's expressions. Then, we added Jonathan, and after that Esther was added to the list. Finally, we started looking at my eldest's expressions. lol! He had a few, too. Loved the one where he was holding Esther's arm with the forced smile that just looked like he was scolding her through clenched teeth.

All in all, I have no idea how much I've spent for my MIL, but it was totally worth every dime. I may not feel that way after I get the bill! Thank goodness, family portraits don't come often!

The boys were both saying they needed to get their cousin down here for their 10 year group shot.I looked at both of them and said, we'll do that at the next wedding. Since Mike isn't dating, it won't be happening here!

Yesterday, I painted. Mike took me out to dinner. I guess it's the first time I've ever purchased a sloppy joe for $14.00, but it was so good. I have half of it in the refrigerator for my lunch today. Ida Claire is a new restaurant in Town Center Shopping Center. It was delicious. Definitely a special occasion restaurant. They have a weekend brunch, now that's something I'd like to try! There aren't too many places on our end of town to get a nice brunch menu.

Not sure what today with bring. I've planned Chicken and Noodles for dinner tomorrow night. Naturally, there will be a shopping trip coming. Jim wants me to take Green Bean Casserole to Nana's for Thanksgiving. I'll split the green beans I was planning to take and make half plain for the gluten free folks. I've started making my green bean casserole with Cream of Bacon soup and adding a couple of slices of crisp bacon chunks in the onion rings. I really like it that way.

Talked to Mike last night. We used to host Christmas Eve for the whole family in the area (in NC). We hosted one when we moved down here. I just didn't think I could handle it last year. I think I'm ready, but I want to put a twist on it since we'll be having Christmas Day with Morgan's family. I think I'm going to do a soup bar. Mike wants Taco Soup, I have Dad's recipe for Potato Soup and I love Mimi's Corn Chowder. I may tweak the soups since there are folks that are gluten free in Morgan's family. It just sounds good to me... probably because of the damp, cloudy, cold weather we've been having.

My ride will be here soon.

Happy Sunday!
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Re: Good Sunday Morning

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Katrina, glad you got us started this morning. I'm always amazed at how many people read our chatter, but don't chime in.

Another skunk night. I was wakened at 2:40. This is the 3rd or 4th night this month. I think it must be the mild weather. It was 69 yest. It's not cold enough for them to hibernate yet. I slept poorly the rest of the night due to the lingering odor.

Church this a.m. I don't need to run any errands on the way home. There is a memorial service at 2 p.m. for one of the ladies from church who recently passed away. She was one of our Lady Bugs group.

We're supposed to have nice days this week until Wed. when another system is predicted to come through with a chance of snow into Thurs.

Yest. p.m. I cut fabric for a quick "panel" quilt; the fabric actually is yardage with inspirational sayings on it. I'm going to make it for our pastor who is retiring. It can be either a lap quilt or a wall hanging. His wife still is recovering from brain surgery for 2 tumors earlier this fall. It's been a rough time for them. I'm sad to see them leave. He's been on our staff for 22 yrs. They plan to stay in town, but will no longer attend our church. Our church elders are working on a plan to find another pastor.

Enjoy your day & count your blessings. God is good -- all the time.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      Missouri Star
      • Aug 2015

Good morning Katrina and all who follow,

It sounds like you will have great pictures to enjoy. It's something we have to do in the next few years.

It's going to be sunny again today with temps between -9c to -12c. I had a great day at craft show, it gets better every year. It's a steady stream of people all day. I never got a chance to wander around to see other vendors. That's probably a good thing as I didn't spend my profits. Then we had dinner for gliding Club awards. DH got the reception/dinner times wrong, so we got there as people were being served. He got an award for most enthusiastic student, always there helping launch gliders and volunteer days. He was surprised but I wasn't. I have seen him become a kid when he goes out to the club. This is good for him.

Today I will rest, do laundry and finish putting away remaining stock. We are going out for breakfast and pick up coffee beans.

Have a good day.
      Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Cathy F
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2012

Morning all,
        Woke up to big swirling snowflakes, they start and stop, melt away, my kind of snow if you have to get any.

Yesterday was our Club's craft fair. I'm glad our committee can breathe a sign of relief that all went well. We had our high school Anchor Club members on site by 8am to help unload and carry our vendors things to their tables and that was greatly appreciated from the feedback from the vendors. I had a profitable day selling but was surprised by what sold. I thought the wreaths would be the big sellers but only sold one and last year almost sold out of them. This year all but three of my quilted table runners that didn't do well last year sold. You never can anticipate what will sell or not. I also got to visit with Ginny from the forum as she was vending too so that was definely a bonus! Too bad we didn't live closer and could visit more often.

Now tfo clean the sewing room up, what a disaster, and get everything put away. Definely not the fun part.

Well, time to fire up the Keurig my husband is on his way out to pick up the Sunday paper and our bagels. Wishing all a good day!
        Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• Mom23
          Missouri Star
          • Jun 2011

Good Morning,

It's a peaceful morning for me as I sit in my pj's with my coffee and computer watching deer in our yard. Hubby is at the cabin and I'm watching deer from the house.

I have gotten into my sewing room a little the past couple days. A few years ago I purchased a Snowman Gathering Kit and made a quilt. About the time I finished it there was a great deal on another kit so I purchased it. I'm making my fourth quilt using two kits and just a few matching fat quarters I had to purchase. The pattern has a row where a name is to be inserted but the last two quilts I have just used the word "SNOWMAN". If all goes well, I will finish #4 today with little fabric left. As I've said in the past, we have 36 nieces and nephews and I'm making them all a quilt. Some are married and the youngest is 5 so I have plenty of time. I'm leaning more towards making Christmas quilts but they may end up getting scrap quilts as well. Time to get my shower and get sewing. The day is mine to do what I want.

Joy, I came so close to hitting a skunk on the Interstate last night. Thankfully no cars were around me so I could swerve to avoid it. There is no worse odor!

b6cde26383cd7375b04145254541f99c.jpg
          Robin

Comment

• KarenC
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2015

Good morning everyone. Sounds like we have all been busy. Yesterday was the longarm guild meeting. I borrowed my friends grandma's fan quilt (that I posted about a month ago) to take with me to guild. Everyone loved it, and I was asked to help teach how to use rulers at the next meeting in January . I feel honored to have been asked because so many of these ladies have been quilting for years.

After the meeting about half of us stayed for a sew in. I got to mingle with some of the ladies that I didn't know very well. A good time was had by all. I finished sewing the borders on a t-shirt quilt I'm making for a client. Now to piece the back and get it quilted. Also learned how to make flying geese using Eleanor Burn's ruler. So much easier. I did purchase the rulers for the smaller size geese.

Lastly, DD and SIL dropped up DGD around 5 so I had packed up the car in advance and was ready when they got there. We ran a few errands (which included buying a jacket for this child). She amazed me last night and actually went to her room/bed to go to sleep instead of my bed. Thank you Jesus for small favors. When I awoke this morning, she was sitting at the breakfast table waiting for me. Today will be dedicated to entertaining her, until her mom picks her up later this afternoon.
            Karen
            Spring, TX

Comment

• Ginny B
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2012

Good morning everyone. Cloudy out there this morning and a little chilly. Had a good day at the craft fair yesterday. Sold a little bit of everything and I have two orders. I will work on getting them started today.....after I clean my sewing room up a bit. What a mess it is right now! Lol. Yes Cathy, it was great getting to see you yesterday and meet your granddaughter too. Glad she got your crafting gene.  The help from the Anchor club was truly greatly appreciated.

I did receive some sad news on the way home yesterday. My bil (from first marriage) passed away. He had been battling cancer. RIP Dominic. There was a flurry of text messages back and forth with my sons about arrangements etc. They (my bil and sil) were living in Florida. So flights have been arranged for my son Rob to fly down today. My son John will stay home since he has started a new poition at work and can't really take the time off (no bereavement leave for an Uncle). So he will be there to take care of Rob's dog and therefore it looks like I don't need to head up to Peekskill tomorrow. We did need to change our Thanksgiving celebration from next Saturday to the Sunday instead since now Rob will need to work on Saturday and it looks like Johnny will too.

Suzanne, glad your craft fair went well too. Joy, sorry about that skunk waking you. Katrina, it sure sounds like a lot of fun looking at those photos.

Robin, holy cow that's a lot of quilts! I actually just ordered the quilt panel kit from M*'s daily special today. Couldnt resist. Karen, it sounds like a great day yesterday
              Time for my second cup of tea and a bagel. Have a great day all.
              Last edited by Ginny B; November 17, 2019, 07:24 AM.
              Ginny B
              Levittown, NY

Comment

• Ginny B
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2012

Good morning everyone. Cloudy out there this morning and a little chilly. Had a good day at the craft fair yesterday. Sold a little bit of everything and I have two orders. I will work on getting them started today.....after I clean my sewing room up a bit. What a mess it is right now! Lol. Yes Cathy, it was great getting to see you yesterday and meet your granddaughter too. Glad she got your crafting gene. �� The help from the Anchor club was truly greatly appreciated.

I did receive some sad news on the way home yesterday. My bil (from first marriage) passed away. He had been battling cancer. RIP Dominic. There was a flurry of text messages back and forth with my sons about arrangements etc. They were living in Florida. So flights have been arranged for my skn Rob to fly down today. My son John will stay home since he had started a new poition at work and can't really take the time off (no bereavement leave for an Uncle). So he will be there to take care of Rob's dog and therefore it looks like I don't need to head up to Peekskill tomorrow. We did need to change our Thanksgiving celebration from next Saturday to the Sunday instead since now Rob will need to work on Saturday and it looks like Johnny will too.

Suzanne, glad your craft fair went well too. Joy, sorry about that skunk waking you. Katrina, it sure sounds like a lot of fun lpoling at those photos.

Time for my second cup of tea and a bagel. Have a great day all.
                Ginny B
                Levittown, NY

Comment

• Claire Hallman
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jun 2011

Beautiful sunny day here but still 45 degrees so I think staying inside is a good idea. If it warms up a lot I need to get outside and cut back the knock out rose bushes and the perennials. They got too cold and look terrible now.
                  Being cold means I may do some fmq on a Santa panel I started last year. We have some left overs so dinner is not an issue.

The skunk smell is like no other, sorry it interrupts your sleep.
                  Glad the craft fairs were successful, that is lots of hard work.
                  Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• chelea
                    Missouri Star
                    • Mar 2012

It's literally freezing today, hovering around 32 with gray skies. I have a quick errand to run then it's off to the sewing room.
                    My latest home dec project isn't going well. The last piece of the puzzle in re-doing the dining room is finding drapes. After reading lots of online advice about how to hang them, I ordered a beautiful 2" walnut pole and finials. Then started shopping for drapes and lo and behold, none of the grommet panels will fit (seems that's all you can find in stores) and there isn't a good selection of rod pocket/back tab curtains either. I want something lined, not a sheer, and don't want to spend hundreds. So now I'm trying to find wooden rings to match the rod to give me more options and I'm not having much luck.
                    Quilting-wise, I finished a baby quilt top (remember the appliquéd sailboat one Jenny did a long time ago?), then put it aside because Gypsy Wife homework needs to get done before next Saturday.
                    Hope everyone has a good Sunday.
                    Michele
                    ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~
                    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world ~Dr Seuss

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
                      Missouri Star
                      • Mar 2014

Good afternoon!!!

Talk about a lazy day:-) Last night we went to watch our 5 gr. DGD in the school musical. She did so well. She's been in dance for several years, so she was very confident with her moves and singing. Our DD drove from Minneapolis yesterday to attend the performance as well.

DD helped me put up the Christmas tree before we went to the musical. It was so much faster with her help. She has always been my helper elf with the tree, but the last several years she's lived and worked in Minneapolis. I always feel sad when I put up the tree alone. DH thinks his part is bringing the tree in from storage. So. even though it's earlier than I usually start decorating, (I'm one of those who wait until after Thanksgiving, the forgotten holiday, is over) I'm happy she was here to help. This morning we just sat, drank coffee, and visited. She left at noon for the drive home. It's about a 6 hour drive for her, and she didn't want to drive too long in the dark. I'll see her in about 2 weeks when she and I fly from Minneapolis to NC to see DS#2 get his Marine promotion.

I have to clean up some Christmas things, so that's the first job for this afternoon.

Keep an eye out for your daily blessings. Jeanne

Comment

• KPH
                        Missouri Star
                        • Feb 2015

Good afternoon, quilty friends,

Surprise, surprise, there's a shower 12/1 for a new member at church. I'll have to look and choose which quilt is more girlish. I don't want to start another quilt until we get the shelving moved... but I probably could knock out the top in the afternoons this week.

Jim and Mike can set up a time for the 'move'. I'll just have to empty all the cabinets before they can move them.

I started painting after I finished my dinner from last night today for lunch. Yummy.

100_0574.JPG

Now that Mike's home, it's time to head out to the grocery store. I was planning on Chicken and Noodles, but the little boys nixed that idea. Apparently, they had chicken noodle soup last night. Grandma doesn't care, lol, I have stew beef. We'll have beef and noodles. Mike is disappointed, he'll get over it.

Time to get busy! Have a great rest of your day.
                        Katrina
                        From NC, retired in FL
                        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
                          Missouri Star
                          • Mar 2012

Happy Sunday! Been busy doing orders for bowl cozies and got an order Friday for elf on the shelf clothing from a co-worker. Making little shirts are interesting lol I was making coin purses yesterday. I'm still trying to get involved in craft fairs here. One was way too expensive $255 for three days. One is only $15 a Saturday...really strict but I qualify. I put in an application this week, you have to prove you live in the county and everything is made by you alone. Wish me luck!!

My guy wants me to put blackout behind the curtains, so going to fish that out and get it done tonight. Of course as soon as I cleaned the kitchen last night our sinks flooded when the washer was running...lol hopefully the Drano keeps that away today!

Off to dig out the blackout before it gets dark. I hope everyday a wonderful Sunday!

Comment

• Claire Hallman
                            Missouri Star
                            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by chelea View Post
                            My latest home dec project isn't going well. The last piece of the puzzle in re-doing the dining room is finding drapes. After reading lots of online advice about how to hang them, I ordered a beautiful 2" walnut pole and finials. Then started shopping for drapes and lo and behold, none of the grommet panels will fit (seems that's all you can find in stores) and there isn't a good selection of rod pocket/back tab curtains either. I want something lined, not a sheer, and don't want to spend hundreds. So now I'm trying to find wooden rings to match the rod to give me more options and I'm not having much luck.
                            You can make some draperies yourself, the hardest part is getting them square. Get your length plus 8" for the hems and 8" for the top hems if not lined and 4" for the top if you line them. Do a double 4" bottom hem [by hand is the nicest finish] then turn in a double 1 1/2" side hems. Do the top last. There are probably a bunch of you tube videos to help.
                            Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

Working...
                            X