Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good Sunday Morning

Good afternoon!!!

Talk about a lazy day:-) Last night we went to watch our 5 gr. DGD in the school musical. She did so well. She's been in dance for several years, so she was very confident with her moves and singing. Our DD drove from Minneapolis yesterday to attend the performance as well.

DD helped me put up the Christmas tree before we went to the musical. It was so much faster with her help. She has always been my helper elf with the tree, but the last several years she's lived and worked in Minneapolis. I always feel sad when I put up the tree alone. DH thinks his part is bringing the tree in from storage. So. even though it's earlier than I usually start decorating, (I'm one of those who wait until after Thanksgiving, the forgotten holiday, is over) I'm happy she was here to help. This morning we just sat, drank coffee, and visited. She left at noon for the drive home. It's about a 6 hour drive for her, and she didn't want to drive too long in the dark. I'll see her in about 2 weeks when she and I fly from Minneapolis to NC to see DS#2 get his Marine promotion.

I have to clean up some Christmas things, so that's the first job for this afternoon.

Keep an eye out for your daily blessings. Jeanne

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon, quilty friends,

Surprise, surprise, there's a shower 12/1 for a new member at church. I'll have to look and choose which quilt is more girlish. I don't want to start another quilt until we get the shelving moved... but I probably could knock out the top in the afternoons this week.

Jim and Mike can set up a time for the 'move'. I'll just have to empty all the cabinets before they can move them.

I started painting after I finished my dinner from last night today for lunch. Yummy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0574.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	161364

Now that Mike's home, it's time to head out to the grocery store. I was planning on Chicken and Noodles, but the little boys nixed that idea. Apparently, they had chicken noodle soup last night. Grandma doesn't care, lol, I have stew beef. We'll have beef and noodles. Mike is disappointed, he'll get over it.

Time to get busy! Have a great rest of your day.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Sunday! Been busy doing orders for bowl cozies and got an order Friday for elf on the shelf clothing from a co-worker. Making little shirts are interesting lol I was making coin purses yesterday. I'm still trying to get involved in craft fairs here. One was way too expensive $255 for three days. One is only $15 a Saturday...really strict but I qualify. I put in an application this week, you have to prove you live in the county and everything is made by you alone. Wish me luck!!

My guy wants me to put blackout behind the curtains, so going to fish that out and get it done tonight. Of course as soon as I cleaned the kitchen last night our sinks flooded when the washer was running...lol hopefully the Drano keeps that away today!

Off to dig out the blackout before it gets dark. I hope everyday a wonderful Sunday!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chelea View Post
    My latest home dec project isn't going well. The last piece of the puzzle in re-doing the dining room is finding drapes. After reading lots of online advice about how to hang them, I ordered a beautiful 2" walnut pole and finials. Then started shopping for drapes and lo and behold, none of the grommet panels will fit (seems that's all you can find in stores) and there isn't a good selection of rod pocket/back tab curtains either. I want something lined, not a sheer, and don't want to spend hundreds. So now I'm trying to find wooden rings to match the rod to give me more options and I'm not having much luck.
    You can make some draperies yourself, the hardest part is getting them square. Get your length plus 8" for the hems and 8" for the top hems if not lined and 4" for the top if you line them. Do a double 4" bottom hem [by hand is the nicest finish] then turn in a double 1 1/2" side hems. Do the top last. There are probably a bunch of you tube videos to help.

5. Thanks chelea, MSN thanked for this post