Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Morning Saturday! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I posted late yest. afternoon, so I don't have much new. Today I'll be mixing up my turkey patties (a 3 wk. supply), & cooking up apples for sauce. I hope to get more FMQ done. I put in 30 min. yest. eve. Slowly, but surely I'm making progress.

It's supposed to be in the 60's today. Yest. it was 66 deg. & pleasant.

I hope everyone has a good week end.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good Morning Saturday! :)

Good morning, Joy,

I saw you had posted a comment on another thread this morning, so I figured you'd get us started this morning :-)
    I worked yesterday...another really busy day at JoAnn's. It feels like the Christmas rush has started early this year. Lots of people come in with pictures from Pintrest, and want help in figuring out how to make the project. This is my weekend off which is perfect since my DGD is starring in the school musical. We'll be attending tonight's performance. As a surprise, my DD is driving up from Minneapolis to watch her niece perform. It's a secret, and I can't wait to see Ava's face when her auntie shows up!

I need to straighten up the extra bedroom for DD. Since it's so seldomly used, of course it's a magnet for "this and that". (Usually quilting related) Have a peaceful weekend everyone.
    Jeanne

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It is a beautiful sunny day here but cold. There is an estate sale in my mother's old neighborhood but I decided not to go since I probably have all the old stuff I could ever need.
    Instead I will try to get more done on the folded fabric trees I am making for friends as Christmas presents.

Our gym is going down the tubes due to poor management so we are ceasing our membership there and will find something new after the first of the year. I really hate to change since we have made friends there but things are breaking and not being fixed plus the teachers aren't being paid which is just wrong. I will miss my Zumba buds.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

It's finally here... picture picking day. Jim and Morgan will pick me up at 1 for our appointment. I wrote down a list of pictures I'd like to get. Now to keep myself in line and not spend too much!

Yesterday's tutorial really appeals to me. I have some batiks... I don't want to start that until Mike and I get the book cases swapped out. I guess I'll work on some water colors today while I'm waiting. Mike has extra days off over the next couple of weeks. That will be a good project while he's off. Then we'll get the Christmas tree from storage and start decorating the house. Won't he be thrilled!

I need to figure out what I'm going to give Mike for Christmas. I've taken care of his Grandma's shopping for him. Now I'm searching for ideas. lol I'm thinking about gift certificates for Panera and Chick-fil-a since he eats breakfast there when he goes to work.

Have a great day. Here's hoping all the crafters out there, are successful in their sales this weekend.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to all of you with craft sales this week. Today I have long arm guild followed by a sew-in. Should be fun. I've never done one with this group before so looking forward to getting to know them better. This evening DD will drop off DGD for a sleepover. I sure hope she has a nap today, and is not in a mood when I get her. Haha.

Wishes for everyone to have a healthy, happy day.

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Hallman View Post
    It is a beautiful sunny day here but cold. There is an estate sale in my mother's old neighborhood but I decided not to go since I probably have all the old stuff I could ever need.
    Instead I will try to get more done on the folded fabric trees I am making for friends as Christmas presents.

Our gym is going down the tubes due to poor management so we are ceasing our membership there and will find something new after the first of the year. I really hate to change since we have made friends there but things are breaking and not being fixed plus the teachers aren't being paid which is just wrong. I will miss my Zumba buds.
    Claire....Are you using the Shabby Fabrics tutorial?

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning. Today is opening day of deer season. I have been hearing shots since before the sun came up. Jeff is hunting on a private farm a few miles from here.

The Girls are sleeping in. Dottie did well at the groomer yesterday. They couldn't believe what a great change since they last saw her when she appeared to be on her last legs. If anyone has a dog with dementia, Anipryl has worked wonders for Dot. Just one little pill per day has made a huge improvement in her life. Signs of dementia for Dottie included her being non-responsive when I talked to her, not coming when she was called, standing in one spot and staring into space for long periods of time. She couldn't remember how to turn around or how doors worked when they are opened. Also, when I would put her food bowl down for her, she couldn't remember how to get to it even though it was within arms reach. It was so sad. She is doing great now. It may not be a permanent improvement but for now she's happy and active again despite her arthritis, which is responding to treatment. This is my first experience with dementia.

I finished up two quilts last week that had been UFOs for some time. I will post pics after we take them.

Wishing everyone a great Saturday.

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, quiltingaway thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. I slept this morning - didn't sleep well last night. I'm going in to work for a few hours this afternoon to try and catch up on some projects that are due by the end of the year. I'm having a cup of coffee first though...priorities, you know. They are working on the gas lines on our street and are out digging up the street this morning. It will be a noisy day at home, it appears.
    And on a Saturday, no less... Barb, I'm so glad to hear that Dottie is doing better. I had never heard of dementia in dogs before but I'm glad you have found something that helps her. Better get ready for work so I can make some progress today. Hope you all have a great weekend.

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning!

I spent a little time sewing this morning. Whoo hoo! I haven't sewn anything for a while. I made a Danish heart block. I saw the video a week or so ago. I used a 10" square instead of the fat quarter recommended on the video. It worked, but I had zero wiggle room. I'm thinking of getting a Perfect Piecing seam guide (https://www.amazon.com/KeepsakeQuilt.../dp/B004KYYN82). I have three machines that I will piece on, and the quarter inch on each is a little different. Does anyone have this tool? Does it help?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0356.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	161355

I have seen seven memory care facilities so far. I have an appointment to see one more on Monday. Then it's time to whittle the list down to two or three. My sister will visit those and tell me what she thinks. We are on track to move Mom after the first of the year.

I bought my Mom a yellow shirt (her favorite color), but it might be too bright of a yellow. I think I'm going to return it and get another, softer color. This is why I usually leave Mom's clothes shopping to my Texas sister. I have a tendency to buy Mom clothes she would have liked 20 or 30 years ago, and Emily buys things that look good on Mom now. Maybe I will email her and ask for help. She likes to go clothes shopping. I would rather be quilting!

Have a great weekend!

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, everyone. Wishing the best for all and prayers for those in need.

I'm headed to the sewing room and work on that "big Barn" quilt for my son. I just want it to be done. I maybe a bit over 1/2 done with the quilting and still have the squaring up and binding to do.

My DD#1 who lives in Florida will be flying in for a visit next week. She manages to get here for my Birthday every year, so we can do some early Xmas shopping. We like to go to the "thrift" stores around town for Pyrex goodies and vintage ornaments. She finds the neatest stuff. I like the exercise and having lunch out. Watching her "shop" is hilarious. Down on her knees; up on a chair; and through every box. Yup, that's my KID.....

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post