• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjkaiser
    Missouri Star
    • Oct 2013

Re: Good Morning Saturday!

I'm thinking of getting a Perfect Piecing seam guide (https://www.amazon.com/KeepsakeQuilt.../dp/B004KYYN82). I have three machines that I will piece on, and the quarter inch on each is a little different. Does anyone have this tool? Does it help?
    JULIE I have this and it will not help you much. Basically it is a 6 inch ruler with a little itty bitty hole in it. You place the ruler on top of your needle plate then lower the presser foot and needle so needle goes into the hole. Then you place tape or a sticky note stack nested at the ruler edge. You then completely remove the ruler, because it is only used for finding/marking 1/4 inch edge from your needle. I think it is a little fiddly of a process and much prefer using the 1/4 inch presser foot with seam guide. Lorie (Hulamoon) posted a photo of it on yesterday's forum (I don't remember the thread topic though)and that's the one I use. You would probably be able to swap it out between your machines, no need to buy one for each.
    Jocelyn
    South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• KPH
      Missouri Star
      • Feb 2015

I love my 1/4" presser foot for my husky. If I want a scant 1/4" all I have to do is bump the needle over one step.
      Katrina
      From NC, retired in FL
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• KPH
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2015

Oh Claire, I misread your post, I thought you were doing 91 of those little trees! I'm claiming old eyes!
        Katrina
        From NC, retired in FL
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• JulieC
          Missouri Star
          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by KPH View Post
          I love my 1/4" presser foot for my husky. If I want a scant 1/4" all I have to do is bump the needle over one step.
          Thanks! I actually have a 1/4" presser foot, but it sews a fat 1/4".

Comment

Working...
          X