Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good Morning Saturday! :)

Good Afternoon,

Last night my daughter had to work late so My son n law and grands went out to eat . Kaylee wanted to spend the night and I always love having her here. Sandy (the lab), had escaped went on the prowl . She drug my dirty clothes into the den that I had left in the laundry room floor and made herself a bed in front of the tv. Thank goodness it wasn't any of my nice clothes.

I put the quilt back on the frame that was such a mess from the tensions being out of wack and all seems to be fine now. I have missed sewing and isn't it funny how when things work out right its so calming and rewarding, but such a nightmare when it doesn't.

Kaylee and I plan on pulling out Christmas decorations today. I know its early but I have to take advantage of the extra help when I have it .

Teresa

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    Claire....Are you using the Shabby Fabrics tutorial?
    I haven't seen theirs. this is the one I am doing. When I have the 9 I am making done I will never do another. There has go to be a better way.https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5f/2f...7bfa4271ae.jpg

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's early evening, and I'm enjoying and relaxing with a glass of wine after today's craft show. It was a steady stream of people all day, with no breaks -- really, no breaks. I did really well, and I sold a bit of everything I had. I didn't think I sold that much, but when I counted cash, it was the best in 5 years. Woohoo. This will cover the lon-arm rentals for 5-6 days. I've got 2 days booked next week.

Tonight we have the year-end dinner with gliding club. They usually have roast beef, but I'm hoping/craving turkey and stuffing will be other option.

Tomorrow, hope to rest after I will put away remainder of craft items. Many will be hostessgifts if needed.m

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

6. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Claire, that is a beautiful tree, but it looks like it might be kind of putzy. .

8. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0573.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	161357

I worked on this all day, with breaks for picking pictures and going out to dinner with Mike. I just finished it up, but I think I'm going to go look in my craft box and see if I have some glitter.

Have a great evening.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking of getting a Perfect Piecing seam guide (https://www.amazon.com/KeepsakeQuilt.../dp/B004KYYN82). I have three machines that I will piece on, and the quarter inch on each is a little different. Does anyone have this tool? Does it help?
    JULIE I have this and it will not help you much. Basically it is a 6 inch ruler with a little itty bitty hole in it. You place the ruler on top of your needle plate then lower the presser foot and needle so needle goes into the hole. Then you place tape or a sticky note stack nested at the ruler edge. You then completely remove the ruler, because it is only used for finding/marking 1/4 inch edge from your needle. I think it is a little fiddly of a process and much prefer using the 1/4 inch presser foot with seam guide. Lorie (Hulamoon) posted a photo of it on yesterday's forum (I don't remember the thread topic though)and that's the one I use. You would probably be able to swap it out between your machines, no need to buy one for each.

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love my 1/4" presser foot for my husky. If I want a scant 1/4" all I have to do is bump the needle over one step.
    Katrina

― Maya Angelou

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Claire, I misread your post, I thought you were doing 91 of those little trees! I'm claiming old eyes!
    Katrina

― Maya Angelou

15. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KPH View Post
    I love my 1/4" presser foot for my husky. If I want a scant 1/4" all I have to do is bump the needle over one step.
    Thanks! I actually have a 1/4" presser foot, but it sews a fat 1/4".

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post