• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuzanneOrleansOntario
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2015

It's finally Friday

Good morning all,
    I thought I would get thread going. Monique is enjoying some time away, and I wish I was there.

Yesterday was busy with Dorothy. We cut 2 1/2 bolts of batting and 4 x 30y bolts of flannel for VQC. We skipped coffee as I had to be back for DH appt to get hearing aids fitted. Wow, lots of instructions. Glad we both went. Between the two of us, we ought to remember. He found it noisy, as he could now hear things he hasn't heard in long time.

This morning, I am going to my cousin's son funeral. He was 48 and had a heart attack at home. I'm not certain how many people will be there, as my cousin has a 10 siblings. They lived on a farm until they all moved away. None of them stayed in farming.

After supper, I will go set up for tomorrow's craft show. I hope I sell lots, as I really am trying to get out of this. I did have a friend tell me recently that she doubts this, as I am passionate about sewing and selling.

Have an enjoyable day.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.
  • KPH
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2015

Re: It's finally Friday

Good Morning Suzanne and those who follow.

Looks like a pretty slow morning around here. I've been piddling around. Mike installed his lighting strips yesterday, he's pleased. I told him the next job around the house that we'll be handing is going to be getting the white cabinets out of the kids play/ school room. I'm going to swap the cabinets in my room with those my dad made. Since Zeke is a climber, he has no fear of climbing up on the base cabinets and pulling the glass doors open. Needless to say, Grandma can see the danger. It's going to be a huge job. All of the cabinets will have to be emptied before anything can be moved. yippee? lol

This afternoon is my VERC lesson. Mike requested this afternoon off. Unfortunately, he's working the afternoon. I'll have to take the bus there and back. There isn't too bad, it's the back that takes forever.

All in all, that's about all I'll get accomplished today. Picture picking is tomorrow. I'm excited about that. I still haven't figured out what I want to get for Dot. I'll text my BIL while I'm riding to see if he can tell me what pictures we have in her living room. That will help.

I love the tutorial today. I have some more of that purple/ blues batiks that I could use. I'd have to figure out a back ground color to go with them, White might work, black would make the batiks pop. I have some of both I may just put them on the table and walk around it to see if either catch my fancy. Better get busy!

Have a great day. It's still drizzly outside, so I'll have to take my rain coat today.
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• baslp
      The Guild President
      • Sep 2012

Good morning. We are supposed to have a warmer day. I took the cat earlier this morn so he can have his blood glucose test done. I hope he appreciated the face I warmed up the car for him. I am off to meet a friend for coffee and catch up. The dog walker/ trainer comes later today.
      I have not felt like sewing for a couple of days. It is suppose to be windy and cold tomorrow. Hopefully I will feel like sewing some more rows. Some days this puppy tires me out from the get go.

Suzanne— hope you sell s lt of goods tomorrow.
      Katrina- your transportation stories are quite entertaining. Hope you get back home without going the scenic route!

Beth

Comment

• Carol336
        Missouri Star
        • May 2013

Good morning everyone - I'm a tad late dropping by today. Had to get up and out early for blood work for my check up next week. I had it done at Labcor at Walgreen and killed a little time waiting for the pharmacy to open so I could pick up my prescription - then got a real shock....she handed me my prescription and said the total is 279.00 - I nearly hit the floor. It's for my Eliquis and yes I'm in the donut hole. But thank heavens I realized it was a 90 day supply and I usually only get a 30 day supply of that one. So then I had to wait around for the pharmacist to get it all switched out. All this on top of NO COFFEE. Can I just say I was a little testy with them in Walgreen today - LOL.

I've been having fun lately making quilted tree ornaments. They can get a lilttle boring, but I do them while whatching tv in the evenings. I'll try to post a few pics later on.

Good luck with your craft show Suzanne.

Have a great day everyone

Comment

• Bubby
          Missouri Star
          • Jun 2011

Good Morning....Just a quick pop in for me. Today is Dottie's turn to be groomed and we have to head out before long. The pups got groomed yesterday and they look like two little snowballs and they smell so good. They are cut a little shorter than normal and I can see they are both a little pudgy. I guess I will have to watch their treats a little.

It's supposed to warm up some today. Most of our ice is gone. Tomorrow is opening day of deer firearm hunting season so Jeff will be out of here well before daylight. I will be a hunting widow this weekend or longer if he doesn't get one tomorrow. We donate the meat to a family with 5 sons and they are thrilled to get it.

Monique, have a wonderful time with Les this weekend. Suzanne, so sorry for your loss.

Hugs all around.....
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Cathy F
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2012

Hi all,
            Getting a late start to the forum today. Tomorrow is our Pilot Club Craft fair and I am running around today getting my things packed up.This year my granddaughter will also be vending and I 'm excited to see how she does. I have to be at the church this afternoon to make sure everything is ready for our vendors tomorrow. It is a lot of work organizing these events, but it all comes together.

Sun is shining today so I' ll also run a few errands while I 'm out.

Well that' s about it for today, wishing everyone a good day!

Suzanne--good luck tomorrow at your craft fair! I sure hope to carry less home than what I'm bringing.
            Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• Mom23
              Missouri Star
              • Jun 2011

Like many of you, I'm late to the forum today. I woke late and rush to water aerobics. When I got home my son's girlfriend stopped by with her two nieces. They just left and I'm heading out to get lunch for our workers. We own a car wash and it's really busy now that the snow has melted. Tomorrow I will make them chili and sloppy joe's for lunch, just no time today.

I got so much accomplished in my sewing room yesterday. There were no phone calls, disruptions, people to talk to...... My soul needed that.

This afternoon is prayer group then I'm picking up our grandson Max from daycare. He's going to spend the night so I know I won't be back on the computer, or sewing. That's ok, I have better things to do!!!

Blessings to All!
              Robin

Comment

• KPH
                Missouri Star
                • Feb 2015

WHoot, whoot, not much of a sight seeing tour today. Thank goodness! I was picked up around 12:15 and still on time for my 10 appt. time.

We worked outside in the yucky, damp, windy weather. I would call it brisk. It was nice to walk outside. I actually got to bring my white cane home this week.

The bus picked me up, at 2:15, and I was home, yes you heard me right, HOME before 2:35! No other pick ups, no other detours. There and back. I just might cook dinner! Nahhhhhhh, we'd already planned to eat out, why dirty up the kitchen!
                Katrina
                From NC, retired in FL
                “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• KarenC
                  Missouri Star
                  • Apr 2015

Katrina, so happy for your short trip home. What a nice surprise. I bet Mike will feel better too.

Well, I went into work at 6 this morning and called it quits at noon. I was the only one from my group in the office today. The other two worked from home, or at least I think they did. Anyway it was very productive without interruptions.

This is a busy weekend. I'm baking the first of two batches of brownies ( nuts & no-nuts) for a sew in tomorrow after the longarm guild meeting. I haven't been in so long, but it is my friend's birthday, so am making a special attempt to be there. When I leave there tomorrow, DGD will be arriving for a sleepover so that DD can go to a concert. That's a wrap for the weekend. Now I need to go cook some gumbo.
                  Karen
                  Spring, TX

Comment

• GuitarGramma
                    Missouri Star
                    • Apr 2012

As you all know, I run a bit late. Always. So I'm just getting the backing to my Angela Walters quilt challenge top sewn to size. I'm using the John Flynn diagonal seam method. I was really scared of cutting on the diagonal, absolutely certain that I'd end up with a wavy back.

Separately, I was watching my Clare Rowley Creative Feet instructional DVD, and she suggested stabilizing jersey with her Stick & Rinse stabilizer. I figured that if it works on knit jersey it will work on woven muslin. Bingo! It was a breeze to cut the muslin and nothing is stretching. Love this!

I'm off to get ready for our realtor stopping by. Blessings to all!
                    Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• Ginny B
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jan 2012

Really getting here late today. We had some errands to run this morning and then when I got home from that it was after noon so I called my friend Ceil to see if she was available to have lunch. She was so we had a nice visit and then I headed over to my former department and stopped in to see some co-workers. After I returned home from that, I finished up the last minute packing for tomorrow's craft fair. All done and ready to be packed up into the car. Last craft fair of the season. There was one more we were going to do in December but with me heading to California, we thought better of it. Too much stress getting ready for that one too.

Karen, it sure does sound like a busy weekend for you. Katrina, how wonderful that your trip was so good today. Robin, glad you had a good day in your sewing room yesterday. Have fun with Max later. Barb, glad your ice is melting. Oh my goodness, Carol, I would have fainted at that price too. Beth, I hope you get your sewing mojo back soon.

Suzanne, good luck at your craft fair tomorrow. Cathy, see you tomorrow.

Enjoy your Friday evening everyone.
                      Ginny B
                      Levittown, NY

Comment

• JCY
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jul 2013

Good Afternoon, Everyone ~ I'm also late today. I was here briefly at 6 a.m., but didn't have time for a lengthy post.

Yest. our lawn service came for the fall clean-up of the yard. Four guys came; they were done in less than an hour. I suppose we'll get charged for the full hour. At $44./man hour that adds up. There probably will be a dump fee as well, which adds another $20. At least the yard looks spiffed up & nice. I had planned to do some hand watering of the flower beds this afternoon, but didn't get to it. Maybe tomorrow.

I resumed some FMQ on my son's lap quilt. It's been a WIP for way too long. It's the Buckeye Beauty pattern.

This a.m. was our monthly senior fellowship & lunch at the church. This is the last mtg. our pastor will be coordinating these events; he retires the end of Nov. I'm very sad to see them go.

On the way home I stopped for groc. Turkey patties & cooking up apples for sauce will be on tomorrow's to-do list.

Speaking of costly prescriptions ~ For >20 yrs. I've used a Premarin product. My co-pay (pre-Medicare days & pre-Obamacare, when we had good Rx coverage) was about $17. This Rx used to have 42 doses. The drug co. reduced the doses to 30 & jacked up the price. This item now costs ~$400.! At the first of each year, we have to pay a $400. deductible. So the first time I filled this Rx this year it cost me out-of-pocket $392.74. Is that highway robbery or what?!! This is an old drug -- way past research & development days, so why do they charge so much? Pure greed! and because they can & we're helpless to do anything about it. Look at how the drug companies are gouging customers for the Epi pens, insulin, & some of the cancer drugs? Life is not fair. Okay, I'll get off my soap box.

I started re-reading some of my Catherine Cookson books. She's a British author, no longer living. I have a good collection of her books, although not all of them. She also wrote under the name Catherine Marchant.

Well, it's almost news time. I hope everyone has a good week end.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                          Missouri Star
                          • Aug 2015

My craft table, racks are all set up, I had almost forgot to get change, but got to the bank on time. I guess I could have kept the second table I had rented, but a friend really wanted to get in, so I don't mind.

I visited mom for a few hours this afternoon. She was glad to hear about my cousins who attended the funeral. I didn't know him well -- only met him a few times, but There were many lovely eulogies by family and friends. Many of them asked about mom, and couldn't believe she was still around. Most of them live far away.

Good luck everyone on sales at your craft shows. Tis the season.
                          Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

Working...
                          X